The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Earth to C-Dory... question, help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redƒox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Earth to C-Dory... question, help! Reply with quote

Old RedFox is in need of new seats! The originals are worn out, but I like them and need to know if the ones C-Dory want to send me, will fold flat or not. I can't seem to get an answer out of them, so I need someone to step up and answer in the audience Confused Shocked .

Do the new "Sunbrella" seats ------- FOLD FLAT----- ???????? LIKE THE OLD ONES DID!?

I have come to rely on the feature...

Greg
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, They do not fold flat. The back folds forward over the bottom of the seat probably to about 20º from flat. I mounted mine with slide apart hinges at the front edge of the seat so I can detach the seat altogether and have the flat shelf there for more counter space. Need a picture of anything let me know.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Adeline

City/Region: Vancouver
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Adeline
Photos: Adeline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your hinges are still good you could replace the plywood, foam, and recover with Sunbrella or other material. If your hinges are bad they can be replaced as well. I saw a set in Portland two days ago. Let me know if I can help. Pete

Adeline

City/Region: Vancouver
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Adeline
Photos: Adeline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll also want to replace your inserts http://www.fascofastener.com/Default.aspx?page=category%20search%20results&CatList=TIN3&Parent=58705&tree=58659*316+Stainless+Steel*0%40%4058701*Miscellaneous*0%40%4058705*Threaded+Inserts*TIN3@@ . West Marine $5.49.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or... get the new seat and look into putting the old hinges on it.

My 1987 seat laid flat, and the 1996 does not. I am certain the difference is in the hinges, although I no longer have the 1987 to compare. At any rate, I have studied the thing a little bit, and I think the hinges can be modified slightly to get the new one to fold flat. You just have to move the pivot point of the hinge up about an inch, or move the pivot point an inch further forward on the seat back. Piece of cake for a man with your talents and deep pockets.

Girlfriends will do that to you. Get you to thinking about interior decorating and such. Martha should be getting out of jail soon. Maybe she can help.

B~C came up with a good solution to the problem.

Redƒox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Hey I like Martha Razz Too funny Mike Cool Laughing
Thanx for the replys fellas, I'll take the ones the factory will send---if they ever send them!! Shocked (trying to be patient here Crook Cry )
Mine are pretty worn out, material is cut up and hinges are worn to... Crying or Very sad whatever I do, (having the small-assed angler cabin) I'll need them to fold flat. Them are some great seats! I even looked at a huge boat shop here in Anchorage (Deweys) and could not find a new seat that folded completely flat like the old ones did.
For added support in them old seats, I use one of them folding stadium seats, placed right on top... works sumpin-wonderful-fierce!! Thumbs Up Smile
See if I can dig up a pic, before I leave the pub today.
Thanx again, you did answer my question Idea

Here we go:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: