The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/02 - 07/03, Naked Island, Alaska
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogon dory

State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDC, sorry to hear about the mishap at Halibut Cove. Bummer! We'll have to catch you later if you're unable to make it.

Joe, it'll be good to tag up and meet you at Naked. The Sea Sport makes the cut because it's travelling in good company, but I agree with Dan, the hat is really a stretch!

Dan, the weather is great right now and I put in an order for refills of the same thru this next weekend.

Redƒox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang CDC... that's a pretty big owy Sad Hope ya get it all together in time (though I may not make it still Embarrased ) arg Mad
tpbrady

City/Region: Anchorage
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bidarka II
Photos: Bidarka
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be heading out of Whittier Friday evening around 7 and spend the night around Culross Island with 3 total on board. I won't be going on the Cordova run as I have a "business" meeting over near Main Bay on Sunday. Where abouts on Naked Island should we be looking Saturday?
38 Trawler Mia Terra 2012-2015
42 Nordic Tug 2015-
28 KingFisher 2009-2014
14 Jetcraft 2000-
17 Scanoe 1981-
Forty Two

City/Region: Prince William Sound
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Black Cat
Photos: Barrel O Monkeys
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - the plan is to show up Naked, at Cabin Bay on Naked about noon on Saturday?

I don't know yet whether we will leave Whittier on Saturday morning, or camp out somewhere on Friday night. Anybody out there, call for Barrel O Monkeys on 16.

We saw the coolest thing on Sunday morning - yesterday. We caught up with a black bear that was swimming from Perry Island to Culross Island. We followed him for the last quarter mile of his paddle. Neato.

Billy

City/Region: Chugiak
C-Dory Year: 1990
Vessel Name: Beer:thirty
Photos: Beer:Thirty
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,
I still don't know if the Beer:Thirty will make it. It is totally dependent on the company that shows up. I'll do my best to talk them into it. By the by, the Silvers (and whales) are in at Pony Cove. Easily limited out today and got some National Geo shots of a show off whale to boot. Company was impressed.
dogon dory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by dogon dory on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redƒox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good anchorage in McPherson Passage over by this funny looking rock by a bunch of them durn OysterQuacker birds Crook They'll keep ya up all night Shocked
Wheels were spoutin too last week (or maybe a week and a half ago Embarrased ) 3 sharks in a row (on the surface) heading north off Story to!
I could not keep the buts off trolling through the passage out there Idea (thats gona be it fer my fish-tips Mad ) they were just little-bastards though Surprised (20 pounders) No salmon either then .... mumble grumble me Mad out... Bat
Waterball

City/Region: Seward, Alaska
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Waterball
Photos: Waterball
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a camping trip set up for this weekend and might make it out there Sunday or Monday if anyone is planning on being around? When is the scheduled end of the event? BTW the discussion came up before about fuel availability in Chenega, I talked with a gillnetter buddy that goes through there quite abit and he said there is a Tesoro station there in the village, however its a bring your gas can kinda thing. Smooth sailing, looks to be decent weather for the weekend.
Shaun

Sundog

C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: SUNDOG
Photos: Sundog
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be easier to spot the Sundog now, check out the PIC:
http://www.alaskaphotography.com/2005trips/sundog_letters.jpg

We are on the water tomorrow night.

See you out there if all goes well.

Joe
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe-

Nice graphics, Dude! Never seen it done on the accent stripe like that. Very effective! Enjoy the CBGT and cruise! Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Redƒox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Smile good job Thumbs Up

Don't think I'm gonna maker Sad (sorry bout that Embarrased ) Guess I'm stayin-in and workin on the can durring the holiday Disgust never know... might pop-up yet Xmas Eek course yer-all-out-there now... Crook Neutral ..... Laughing enjoy Thumbs Up
dogon dory

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by dogon dory on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
tpbrady

C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bidarka II
Photos: Bidarka
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Post Trip Report Reply with quote

Good to meet everyone at Naked Island. Good pictures too. Dan, Bidarka pulled out about an hour after you and headed toward Falls Bay (following 3 foot seas the whole way) to visit a friend who lives there and deliver a watermelon for July 4. Left there in improving weather and worked our way north around Applegate Island (saw a CD25 trolling for silvers there who said the fishing was pretty good), and went on up Culross Passage and into Long Bay. Anchored about a 1/4 mile from C-Max (CD-22) and kayaked up the head of bay and into the lagoon so we could hike up to Schrode Lake Cabin.

The thrill of the evening was Penny managing to fall out the boat while brushing her teeth. You heard it right, she was trying to not get tooth paste on the boat and leaned over too far. Got wet but didn't even lose her glasses. Said something about needing a shower.

Tom
Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great weekend, in spite of a little rain and a little bumpy water. It was neat meeting up with some more C-Dory's and their crews. Nine in all made the trip to Naked Island. Considering the remote location and the fact that we packed all the amenities with us, ie: restaurant, entertainment, and facillities, it made the turnout pretty impressive.

The hats, so generously furnished by C-Dory, and the 4th of July potholders made by Paige, DogOnDory's chief operating officer, were greatly appreciated. Thanks!

In addition Paige's grilled hamburgers and Dan's "Kona" coffee sure hit a hot button for the motley crew of 3rd Byte.

After leaving Bass Harbor and giving 3rd Byte a little workout in the crunchy water it was nice to duck into McPherson Passage with DogOnDory for a little snack and pull a few zzzz's while King Neptune ran his roller over the water and smoothed things out a bit. Leaving McPherson about 3:00pm, 3rd Byte and DogOnDory found that the water quickly smoothed out and was flat most of the way to Bligh Island. The rain had long since been left in our wake and it was a beautiful run.

A whale was making it's presence felt in the distance and dozens of sea lions were cavorting around, just off Bligh. We fished for a short while and DogOn Dan once again showed that the skills of accelerated experience and youth prevails over the 'ole boy with the gray hair.

3rd Byte then split off and headed for Valdez harbor. Here again, the water was beautiful, flat all the way in. The charter boats and others were returning to port as well. The winding down of another great day on the water!

I agree with Dan, in the sense that it would probably be a good idea to have, at least some of the get-togethers, located in varying destinations that include some additional amenities such as "towns" were some alternate facillities are available, should the weather be uncooperative.
Whittier, Valdez are always good options, but I would be amenable to stretching that to any number of destinations accessible by road and water.

A special thanks to Dan and Paige for orchestrating, a great weekend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: