The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/02 - 07/03, Naked Island, Alaska
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy

City/Region: Chugiak
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Beer:thirty
Photos: Beer:Thirty
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: PWS Cruise Reply with quote

I'm in for Saturday for sure and I'll see about Sunday.
Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew, Dan, When I read your post and told Betty that you said, "how about we rendezvous Naked on Saturday afternoon", I got kind of a shocked, puzzled reaction. My wife insisted on reading the post for herself, and found my minor error, "at Naked", I guess I was a little keyed up thinking about the trip and missed the "at".

Sound great to us and it's marked on our calender. Very likely the silvers will be there by then.

I'll reserve calm water and blue sky's for that weekend.

dogon dory

C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Mighty Bite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't even thought about the last possibility. Maybe we should go back to the "Prince Willam Sound" gathering and low profile the infacto destination.

Sounds like we have at least 5 boats going so far. It would be nice to triple that and with Dan roasting a pig and bringing refreshments it shouldn't be a problem.
Patrout

City/Region: NORTH POLE
C-Dory Year: 1983
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: C-FARER
Photos: C-FARER
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

Please pencil us in for the trip, too. We have a tentative trip scheduled to sail out of Haines, but it's still pretty much up in the air. This sounds like a great way to meet some more of the PWS regulars.

Pat
Mighty Bite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, great, you are officially on the list! Should be a fun time. Its a nice run and will give you a chance to strech the legs of your new boat. We should wind up with a pretty good sized flotilla out there.

This little warming trend and the longer daylight hours have to start making us think that spring and soft water is indeed going to actually happen in the not tooooo distant future.
Billy

City/Region: Chugiak
C-Dory Year: 1990
Vessel Name: Beer:thirty
Photos: Beer:Thirty
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Nekkid Island Cruise Reply with quote

If someone knows of a good place to meet up at the island, we probably ought to specify, otherwise a bunch of people could be running around Naked trying to hook up with the others and that might not sound quite right to our southern bretheren, (them being concerned about us prepositioning at each other and such.) I hear Cabin Bay is a good anchorage, but I've never been there, any other ideas?
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - it's bound to - now if you only mention Paris Hilton too, you are guaran-damn-teed to get a whole new cadre of members. How many people out there do you suppose are Googling "Paris Hilton Running Around Naked"?
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

dogon dory wrote:

Man I hope the widardry of search engines doesn't bring a whole new cadre of members to the site....
Laughing

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Mighty Bite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy, we'll be scoping out Naked, errr, Naked Island, well in advance of the July cruise for the purposes of finding the most ideal spot to tag up, with a view toward anchorage, beach, spot to build a fire, etc.

Will be a fun trip and looking forward to it.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys about ready to start a signup and get this gig listed as official? We'll give you all the CB perks. Well, no promises about a photo album until we see just what kind of nature shots you take at these Naked Islands.

Since July is so far off, you all ought to consider an early spring cruise on the Columbia River. Start at Cathlamet the first of April, and it's only a hundred mile cruise upstream to our own little naked island, Rooster Rock State Park.

It's neat to see you northerners getting so fired up about this. It seems everyone up there is always too busy going too many different directions. If you can get the Crimson Coyote to join in an official CB cruise, we will all be famous.

So - July 1,2,3,4, 2005? PWS Cruise or Naked Island Gathering? Just say the word, and one of us will get it set up, on the calendar, and entered into the Upcoming Events bulletin.

Imagine the photo collage this could make for the CD display at next year's SBS!

Sundog

City/Region: Anchorage
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: SUNDOG
Photos: Sundog
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: PWS Cruise Reply with quote

Well, I guess I am not the only one that get's affected by a warm day and a little sunshine..... I think the Sundog crew would be interested if the weather window is good - I have really wanted to check out Naked Island and Cordova is for sure for this summer. So put me down as a maybe if you don't mind a couple of wild fishing and hunting children along.

Joe Hot [/img]
tpbrady

City/Region: Anchorage
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bidarka II
Photos: Bidarka
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Whatever Reply with quote

Count me in since by then I will have my boat, will probably have a couple of trips in PWS out of the way in something bigger than a kayak, have finished a kayak rack so I can still take it with me, am tired of the Cook Inlet, and the reds aren't in the Kenai yet. I will also have a name for my 22 Cruiser by then.

Tom
Anchorage

38 Trawler Mia Terra 2012-2015
42 Nordic Tug 2015-
28 KingFisher 2009-2014
14 Jetcraft 2000-
17 Scanoe 1981-
Mighty Bite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, thanks for the support. Nature shots.........you bet, ask and yee shall receive. Is it ok if we mix in some pics of the boats too!

A warm-up trip up the Columbia would be cool but the logistics, a nightmare. Also, if it came down to a choice between Rooster Rock State Park and Naked Island, well? OK, I'll be nice and leave it at that.

You can consider the Naked Island/C-Dory a definite go, like in "official", and will probably consist of the 2nd and 3rd of July. That could expand slightly depending on what days work out best for the majority of C-Brats attending.

Yep, the wiley old Foxmaster will have to make it. Hard to imagine him missing it.

Yeah Joe, it would be great if you can make it. The more the merrier. We had a break in the weather up here, temps in the 20s. I couldn't resist getting up in the boat, and do a few things, made motor noises, etc.
The weather will cooperate!
cbadmin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd Byte wrote:
You can consider the Naked Island/C-Dory a definite go, like in "official", and will probably consist of the 2nd and 3rd of July. That could expand slightly depending on what days work out best for the majority of C-Brats attending.

Great! I renamed your discussion to what it is renamed as, putting the proposed dates up front so it will be listed chrono in the Upcoming Events section. It will be fun watching the signup list grow for this one. Dogon Dan as been set as Cruise Director since his is the first post on the idea.

Is it Naked Island or Islands? Google gets you both. Whatever you do, refrain from doing a Google image search on the name unless it is way late at night and you're sure the family is sleeping.

Any changes in dates or destination will be made if you ask.

How many trailer miles do you reckon it would be from NW Oregon?

Mighty Bite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Dogon Dan is definitely is the cruise director of this venture. Also, work called him out of town for most of this week. No wonder it seems a little quite around here. Enjoy it while you can, Dan will be back on site by the weekend.

Naked Island is appropriate. Also, it is only 2,372 miles from Seattle to Valdez, or approximately 2,552 from Warrenton. A piece of cake for a
big, bad diesel.

Another item of note, Naked Island is one of the few places on earth that doesn't have a Starbucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: