The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Posting Photos That Disappear!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey – your assumption is wrong. Position in you photo folder has nothing to do with the position of the photo in you post when you link to severel photos.

I went into my photo album and reordered the six images displayed earlier in this thread and nothing changes to the images or their location in the post. As long as the image/photo remains in the folder it was linked to, it will display properly it in the post.

What I did was actually change the photos from what I originally posted as a link to my album.
Here is an example; the image below is a blue square with “image two” on it.

Tonight after the time has passed for editing the post, I will display the water heater that Roger linked to earlier in this thread in place of the blue square.

Dave
www.tolandmarine.com
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"As long as the image/photo remains in the folder it was linked to, it will display properly it in the post. "

Dave,this is good, as long as the photo stays in the original folder(album), but, if it is moved to another album or sub-album, will it show up, or another photo, or more likely, a blank.

Harvey,
SleepyC Moon

PS: It's getting near early, almost 0100 Thursday 12-30-10 and if you already put the water heater in place of the Blue Image Two, the magic didn't work, as I am still seeing the blue Image two, not the water heater.

oldgrowth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey – I waited to change the photo until someone posted a message below my post, so it would be obvious that the change occurred after the time for editing the post had passed.

As long as the photo stays in the album or in a folder in your album that it was linked to, it will be displayed in the post. If it is moved to a new folder or deleted, the frame for the photo in the post will be blank with a small red X as displayed below.

If the photo is moved back into the original folder it was linked to, it will be displayed in the post again. If it is deleted, then you have to upload it back into you album and it has to have the exact same name as the original photo. Moving the photo to a new page will not break the link as long as it is still in the same folder. This works regardless of who linked to it. This will change the photo in one of your post or anyone else that links to a photo in your album. If you link to a photo in some one else’s album, you have no control over it but that person that has the photo album does have control of it.

How I did the above trick with the water tank was to delete the original blue square in my photo album and then save the water tank photo to my computer and rename it with the same name that my blue square had, then upload it to my album in the same folder the blue square occupied. Now you have to delete the photo in your album you are going to replace before you upload the new one. If you do not, the server will add numbers to the name of the new photo you are uploading because there cannot be two files/photos in the same folder with the same name.

Dave
www.tolandmarine.com
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-

Thanks for getting that straightened out, explained, and understood!

The other question I originally had was about photos linked to elsewhere on the internet, but it's clear now we have no control over those at all, they're fairly likely to change their addresses in time, and to be sure they are kept available to be displayed with posts here on the C-Brats forum, they would have to be put into an album and/or folder here, and left unchanged (as you've demonstrated) here.

Let me know if this is not correct.

Thanks, again!

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe – you are 100% correct.

There are a couple of unlikely scenarios that can happen when the photo is linked to an outside site.

1. The image can change to one that is objectionable to the administrators and/or the members. For instance you link to one of the calendar images mentioned in another thread going on at this time. If that image is changed and it has the same name, it would be displayed in the post. Instead of a sexy woman still in an acceptable pose, it could be a full nude person that would not be acceptable here. The chance of this happening is almost nil so I would not worry about it.

2. The other scenario would be an easy thing for a spammer to do. I hesitate to explain the process for fear of it being done. Probably from the information I have given here it won’t take much to figure it out but no sense spelling it out for one.

Dave
www.tolandmarine.com
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave and Joe,

Thanks for the demo. Seems like magic, but the clear explanation really helps.

I'm thinking that;

#1. Put photos into the main album,

#2. get them labeled and moved to the sub album

#3. don't delete any photos from the albums.

Thanks again,

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to remember how to post to my album
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbaronace wrote:
Im trying to remember how to post to my album

Go to your album. On the right upper corner is "album actions". Click on "add photos"
A new window will open, which will allow you to transfer any of the standard photo formats, like JPEG, Tif. Gif. To your album. Click on the first link, go the the place on your computer, and click choose file. The default is 5--but I have put as many as 15 up, especially when I have resized them for the internet. (made smaller).

If you have an ad blocker, that may have to be closed before the dialogue welcome up to post the new images.

Good luck.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the generic blurb I send out when I set up an album for someone:

Quote:
OK, your album is all set up. It is linked to your profile and will show up in the info to the left of your posts. It is pretty easy to figure out using the commands at the top right of your album page.

The quickest way to get to it from the C-Brat front page is to click on your own name is the list of people online. That brings up your public Profile and the album link will be there.

If you have problems adding pictures, the first thing to look for is a pop-up blocker stopping the needed window from opening in your browser. It is safe to disable any pop-up blockers for the C-Brat site. If you get through all the steps and find the pictures will not load, that will most likely be due to the picture file size being too large for our software to handle. The gallery software resizes the pics automatically, but if they are too big to start with it often stumbles a little. Try resizing to reduce the file size before uploading.

jbdba01

State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use use photobucket.com and never move/edit the files once on photobucket.

Unless their servers are down for maintenance (I want to say early Sat - but not often) I've never seen any issues.

I autobackup my photos on my phone - so no uploading manaully. I want to say I can have 10GB of files for free. So far I'm at 11% usage after several years.

Keeping it simple...sample below Smile

BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hoping for Tapatalk compatibility

On this site I don't post many pics and usually use pics from my photo album. Who wants to see a Parker boat on C-Brat site anyway! Very Happy None the less, I just love this site and a frequent monetary contributor . Thumbs Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: