The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/06 - 05/07 - Lopez Opening Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU mean there is more than one? I thought this state could only afford one.....There is a nice park just outside Anacortes called Washington Park. It has a rustic ramp with floats
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C
We have launched at washington park. No problems, parking seemed secure. Chris of Luna-C said you need about two feet to launch, and we are planning to put in Friday morning. (Low tide) SOOOOO, we may go to Twinn Bridges. Lots of parking and the ramp is more sheltered then Wash. park.

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Brats. I have no problem launching at Cornet Bay (Deception Pass). I've never had trouble shooting under the bridge, but west winds from Juan De Fuca Strait are another matter. When it's nice, though, it's delicious. One of my favorite cruises is from the bridge to Cattle Pass, and north to Fisherman's Bay. Or maybe a continued run along San Juan Island's west side. But when the wind blows plans change. Then I'm either exposed until (Paul's) Allen Island or I opt to turn tail and slide past La Conner up the slough. Still, I'd take Cornet over Washington Park. Remember: Les is just two football fields down Sunny-C Lane.

I've never had a problem parking at Cornet but my one complaint is a cement ramp that's a little light on cement. There's about a four foot gap between the ramp's edge and the dock. When the wind blows it's a hassle with just one Cat.
gljjr

City/Region: Fall City
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Migratory Dory
Photos: gljjr
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read on the Gamefishin.com forums you need to be very careful about where you park when going to Washington Park. Several people went home last weekend with $50 parking tickets due to parking in what looks like an "overflow" lot but isn't. Plus the fee went from $5 last year to $7 this year. Also, if you launch there, plan on bringing correct change as the machine doesn't give change! Since last Sunday was opening day for Lings I would bet that the lot will fill up quickly for awhile.
Bess-C

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bess-C
Photos: Bess-C
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have launched at both Cornet Bay and Twin Bridges. Last year for the Lopez gathering we launched at Cornet. It was the first day of ling cod season. The launch parking was jammed with vehicles. On Saturday morning when we went through Deception Pass we had to weave through 50-75 boats fishing the slack right in the middle of the Pass. When we returned on Sunday morning the launch was jammed with fishermen trying to launch or retrieve their boats. That wasn't fun. When guys with fishing boats (and I include myself in that group) get the fishing fever a lot of their common sense and courtesy go out of the window. So, since this is the same weekend, I think Cornet will be jammed.

Twin Bridges will probably be better, but the current really runs by that launch during a big tide change. It would be best to hit it as close to slack as possible.
Lyle

17 Center Console C-Dory 10/16
Catman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, fish. I forgot.
Embarrased
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eieioh wrote:
Ken,
There are many WA Parks. Which one are you talking about?

Bill and Evelyn,
In an effort to clarify an answer to your question........Washington Park is a park owned and operated by the City of Anacortes. It has no connection with Washington State Parks. That being said, if you have a seasonal launch pass for the Washington State Park system, it will do you NO good at this "Washington Park". Years ago, I incorrectly thought that my Wa. State Park Launch Pass would get a lot of use there. (Sure didn't take long to figure out that there was no connection). Sad

C-Brat #16
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ONLY rig & trailer parking is right there at the launch for Washington Park. The over flow is for vehicles W/O trailers ONLY! Yep, they'll educate you with a fine if you are out of the proper zone.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Washington Park, an Anacortes City Park just past Skyline Marina, which in turn is a ways past the San Juan Ferry Terminal.
eieioh wrote:
Ken,
There are many WA Parks. Which one are you talking about?

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

B~C

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well pooooo, maybe I should launch in Ilwaco and take the long way....Folks, for a friday morning launch durring the Ling fishing frenzy, what do you recomend? Twin Bridges?
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Count Us In! Reply with quote

Hurray!

It's been touch and go, but it now appears Two Lucky Fish will be able to go!

I've just completed (and passed) the exams for my Masters (Capt'ns) license, so I'm gonna get to practice a little. I plan to cruise up from South Whidbey on Friday, then run over to Skyline Saturday afternoon to pick up Linda. We've also booked a sort of celebratory dinner at the Bay Cafe (Lopez Village) for Saturday night - a combination graduation/retirement/55th birthday.

I'm searching for a dinghy (quick), but plan to come even if I don't get one tomorrow. Sure hope there is room to raft... - Brock - you did say there was room in spite of fuzzy math, right?

Looking forward to seeing ya'all!

Mac & Linda
Catman

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~See, have you used and did you like Cap Sante, the primary downtown Anacortes marina?

Two Lucky Fish: Long time no sea. Glad you're a player this weekend. Yeah, yeah, there'll be room, or it's my stern.
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
B~See, have you used and did you like Cap Sante, the primary downtown Anacortes marina?

Brock,
This ain't "B C", but I've used Cap Sante (downtown Anacortes) several times in the past and have been very pleased with it. This as you know is a sling launch, (which, I don't prefer because you always have to get "back to port" before the sling operation is done for the day). Therefore, I've used it primarily when I know that I'll be wanting/able to "exit" the water before the launch closes. One of the parking areas that I've used there is the City of Anacortes parking lot between the marina and the McDonald's restaurant. Apparently, Anacortes P. D. does a good job of patrolling there. That parking lot has a limit of 2 or 3 days I believe. If parking for a longer period of time, parking is available elsewhere at the marina. (They will direct you as to where to park when you purchase your "sling ticket"). I've had no problems with leaving my rig at either of those two lots.
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC,

Good News! Don's mean department chair has decided he doesn't have to go in after all. Wink So we should get an earlier start than we thought. We are thinking about launching at Twin Bridges.
B~C

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news, those Dept chairs can be ogres. I'm sure glad I hoisted that stone from around my neck Smile .. It's sounding like Twin B's is the place to be Friday morning, we're hoping to pull out of here about 9 or 10ish.....What time are you folks pulling out? perhaps we could meet up at the launch and have an official SW WA contigent cruise to Pez . It's looking like we'll have some nice weather, should be a helluva fine weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: