The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/03 - 06/05 Eastern Shore, Maryland gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, all the rest of my pix are up...this one kind of captures the whole deal of the Chesapeake Bay...that is a real workboat, dragging a line, at about 5:30 am. Notice anything about the lines of the two vessels?Smile

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

The Fran Sea

City/Region: St Petersburg FL
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: The Fran Sea
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Chesapeake Gathering Reply with quote

Our thanks to Tom and all involved, we had a great time and made many new friends. This was our first "gathering" and our first extended stay on board our C-Dory. It was quite a transition from a 40' motorhome, but I'm glad to say we made it successfully although our Jeep, the tow vehicle was loaded with "stuff" we needed but never used!

After the gathering, we continued on up to New Jersey to visit friends and family, staying on our C-Dory at a friends dock on the Metedoconk River in Bricktown, NJ.

If it's a do over next year, we will certainly plan on being there and this time spend more time cruising the Chesapeake, what a great place. Also planning on the Erie Canal in September.

A quick look the other day, and I didn't see to many pic's of the boats. If anyone got pic's of the boats rafted up at the restraurant in Rock Hall, I hope you'll post them, 9 C-Dorys rafted up is quite a sight!

Roger & Fran on the "The Fran-Sea"

CTYankee

City/Region: Conn
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Crescent Girl
Photos: Crescent Girl
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger and Fran,

We too look forward to seeing you again on the Erie this fall. El and Bill will be checking out the launches and places to stay, etc.

Check out the Halcyon site and the Wanderer site (www.2wander.com) for more great pictures. Mine were not nearly as good as George's and Bill's, and were somewhat redundant anyway.

Have a great summer.

Dun (CTYankee)
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Chesapeake Gathering Reply with quote

Here is my shot of the C-Pod at Rock Hall. George got a very similar shot, which is up on 2Wander

The Fran Sea wrote:

A quick look the other day, and I didn't see to many pic's of the boats. If anyone got pic's of the boats rafted up at the restraurant in Rock Hall, I hope you'll post them, 9 C-Dorys rafted up is quite a sight!

Roger & Fran on the "The Fran-Sea"
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat --

About your picture of the workboat on the Chesapeake -- yep, that's a pretty shot of the workboat in the foreground (note that the skipper is making coffee for the Admiral at 0530) and the pretty white boat in the background is out enjoying a little fishing.

Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted some pictures of the gathering. They are not very good as I used a disposable camera. Left the digital at home. Sorry about the quality of the pics. The quality of the gathering was FIRST RATE!!!! Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the Chester River song..."with me feet in the water and a National Boh, Lordy, that's what I call fun." Here is a little history on "National Boh," National Bohemian beer. The brewery evidently closed its doors in 1980...

Maryland Breweries History: National Brewing Company

In 1872 The National Brewery was built in Baltimore, MD and changed its name to National Brewing in 1885 when it became part of the firm of Joseph L. Straus & Brother. In 1889 National Brewing becomes part of Maryland Brewing, a syndicate of 16 breweries with a massive capacity of 1.5 million barrels however in 1901 eight of the breweries in the Maryland syndicate closed, and the company was renamed as the Gottleib-Bauernschmidt-Straus Brewing Company. This company was closed with the start of Prohibition. In 1934 with Prohibition ending in the USA, National Brewing wnet back into business and introduced their mascot, the one eyed Mr. Boh, who remained with them for the life of the company. In the 1940s National Brewing purchase the former Altes Brewing Co. in Detroit and add Altes Beer to their range. In 1961 National Brewing purchases the former American Brewing Co. facility in Miami from Anheuser - Busch.

In 1963 in an effort to create a national brand, National Brewing introduce Colt 45 Malt Liquor. The official story is that the beer was not named after the firearm, but after #45, a running back for the Baltimore Colts, which one of the breweries owners was invloved with.

In 1973 National Brewing closed their Detroit (formerly Altes) brewing operations. In 1974 more bad news as National Brewing close their brewery in Miami and further consolidate operations. In 1976 Carling merged with National Brewing in an attempt to save both companies. In 1979 Carling - National ceases to exist, and is sold to G Heileman Brewing Company of La Crosse. In 1980 the former National Brewing facility (Conkling & O'Donnell Streets in Highlandtown) in Baltimore was closed. In 1996 Heileman was sold to Stroh's of Detroit.

National Bohemian Beer was affectionately known as "Natty Boh".

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
The Fran Sea

City/Region: St Petersburg FL
Vessel Name: The Fran Sea
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Cell Phone Dunking Reply with quote

Don't remember who it was but someone at the Chesapeake Gathering was kind enough to tell me how to dry out my cell phone after the dunking it took when I fell in at Langford's. Confused (I don't feel to bad as from what I hear I was only 1 of 3 to fall in, but the only one to do it in broad daylight!)

I was trying to dry out the phone using the Wallas on full high when he said that was the worst thing I could do...... he said to re dunk it in FRESH water and swish it around a bit, then dry it off and leave it set for 3 or 4 days and it'll work or not.......IT WORKS!!! Smile On the 3rd day still nothing, but then on the 4th SUCCESS it works and just as good as ever. A BIG THANK YOU TO WHO EVER YOU WERE
CTYankee

City/Region: Conn
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Crescent Girl
Photos: Crescent Girl
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the history Pat. That phrase was driving me crazy for the first few days until Tom finally told me what "National Boh" ment. I still find myself humming the tune at odd moments...like in the shower! Wink

Dun
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, being one of the "Beer Guys," I had to figure it out, a sacred duty actually. I emailed Tom about what the heck the second line was (I was HEARING "National Bo" (or as we now know "Boh") but not UNDERSTANDING it). Damn A-B and Miller and consolidation! That Chester River song IS one catchy little ditty, isn't it!

BTW, records come and records go, looks like The Great Eastern Shore CBGT will hold the record for the most boats for about three more weeks, until the Blakely Island gig here on the Upper Left Coast (cut and paste):

I just called Norma and put-in our reservation for Blakely. According to her, we are now the 32nd confirmed reservation.

...the "title" comes back West!!!

Casey
C-Dory Naknek
lorencasebeer@aol.com

Oh, well, the Great Eastern Shore will continue to hold the record for the most states represented and the farthest distance traveled (Bill and Mike, do we keep stats on this stuff somewhere? Laughing

CTYankee wrote:
Thanks for the history Pat. That phrase was driving me crazy for the first few days until Tom finally told me what "National Boh" ment. I still find myself humming the tune at odd moments...like in the shower! Wink

Dun

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
teflonmom

City/Region: Red Lion
State or Province: PA
Vessel Name: Snickers AUG 08
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Ches Gathering Reply with quote

We visited Cutter,s today and lerned that outfitting will start tomorrow.( On our new boat)
The latest issue of the Mariner Paper just arrived and our record gathering was duly noted with words and pictures. Someone did a really nice job with a press release. Ruth shared some of her and Gary's pictures of the event. We enjoyed remerbing all the fun.
The pictures on this site brought back a lot of fine memories.

Thanks to all.

Pat and Fred

fiddlersgreen6

City/Region: Riverside, Ca. & Melbourne Beach, Fl.
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Don Quixote
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: eastern shore gathering Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone again for planning a great gathering, Tom this was also our first c-dory gathering, and an extra thanks to Mary and her brother Terry and his grandson(the bartender) for supplying and cooking those red and white hot dogs from N.Y. I can still taste them. Hope to see some of you again on the Erie Canal in Sept. Rich
terraplane

City/Region: chesapeake bay
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: BANJO
Photos: Sally's Sister
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: News from Terraplane Reply with quote

Well, I'm back, as Jack Nicholson would say....

We are greatly enjoying Sally's Sister here . Been moving all over the Bay. Since my previous boats topped out at 8 knots, this is a rocket for me...Only about 2 hours to Baltimore...an Orioles game, dinner, and home the same day..wow.

I have a feeling the gauntlet has been thrown from the Left Coast Gang re: record setting...Nothing sets me Irish blood going more than a good healthy competition...We might shoot for numbers, most states, and foreign countries, and photograph with largest number of boats pictured.

But i'm getting ahead of myself. Our committee has not decided on next year...but i'm hoping.

The history of National Boh is absolutely great...i'll build it into my Chesapeake presentation..thanks...

I'm off to Ireland in September with my band, Guys,and Doll..to play Clifden Arts Week...our 8th appearance there...

tom terraplane
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a tale on the Chester River and Chestertown at
www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/chester.htm

Have a great trip to Ireland, Tom --
Minnow

City/Region: East Amwell
State or Province: NJ
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Minnow
Photos: Minnow
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the write-up about the gathering from "The Mariner" June 24th issue.
Sorry about the quality, I don't have a scanner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: