The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/03 - 06/05 Eastern Shore, Maryland gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I should have known you were out in front of this one, just too tired to look last night. Terraplane Tom did a masterful job and we all owe him big time. His boat, Sally's Sister was front and center and I think on Sunday, he finally found time to get out on her!

It was great seeing everyone, all but one (Tom and Kathy on OTTER) were firsts for us. With the size of this thing, it's time to start planning for next year. Tom will get lots more help this time from all of us! It'll be hard to beat 30 boats but I think we can do it. Gary from Cutter has invited us to his place next year, maybe if the facilities can handle it, we ought to consider it!

Charlie and Sally

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Levity

City/Region: Shippensburg
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Levity
Photos: Levity
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done! The gathering was a fun opportunity to learn the faces and personalities behind the usernames we associate with on this site. Thanks to Tom for making the event happen and thanks to all who helped it go smoothly. Jeff's presence was a statement of confidence and demonstrated solidarity with C-Dory's customers. Great location, great food, great entertainment and great comraderie.
Mike 'Levity'
gotjm3

City/Region: Middle River
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C's the Day
Photos: C's the Day
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! to Tom, Charlie, and all who organized our first ever MD C-Dory gathering. We'll write more later, but it was a great time and wonderful event.

Big thumbs up to all!

Cheers,

Hailing from Middle River, MD
(A drinking town with a boating problem...)
terraplane

City/Region: chesapeake bay
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: BANJO
Photos: Sally's Sister
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Eastern Shore Gathering from Terraplane Tom Reply with quote

This is Tom , The Banjo Man, writing...

Just getting around to this...spent one day sleeping, one day in Baltimore on business, and home today.

Wasn't it great? Our committee hoped it would be good, but we never expected it to set a record for a C Dory gathering...Charlie says 30 boats.

My special, very special thanks to Doug and Anne Baxter, Steve Bowser, Charlie Vinroot, John Seidel for their great help. Each played a big role...especially Anne Baxter who has a marvelous eye for detail (did you remember that we need plates,cups, and dinnerware, Tom?)...

We picked Lankford Bay for the beauty of its setting, and the remoteness...And it was a good choice.

But thanks go to all of you who attended...especially those who crossed the Bay on Friday in that 4 ft. chop... What a fine group of people. I found you all very different, one from the other, but bonded by the boat and a common thread of good humor, and kindness. Standing in the rain on Friday, eating good food and getting to know each other was a special time for me.

For those of you who worried about our costs..we are fine..in fact a little bit of surplus.

Thanks also to Jeff who came with his wife to represent the company, and Ruthie, Gary, and Joe from Cutter.

And the kind words about my music are appreciated. I'd love to hear some comments from those of you who bought the album. I can take it!

So, our committee will be meeting to debrief. My wife will kill me, but i'm inclined to go for a repeat next year, same place, maybe same time. I know that Cutter has offered to host a gathering, and if they do we all will go, but as they say, "there is something about this Eastern Shore, this place of soft shores, quiet rivers, heron, eagles, and the thump of a workboat engine at dawn...."

Whadda ya think?

tom/terraplane
wannabe owner

City/Region: Santiago, Dominican Republic
State or Province: Other
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sioux and I would like to thank all of you for the generous spirit you displayed toward a couple who doesn't even have a C-Dory yet. (Even though if wishes were boats we would have a fleet!)

Steve and Sioux Toburen
Santiago, Dominican Republic
(Leaving Baltimore early tomorrow after three great days in the Inner Harbor to go help with Sioux's parents in Kansas City. Sigh.)

PS Everyone was so very kind to us but we especially want to thank El and Bill for giving us our very first C-Dory ride plus the low-down on what is needed to be successful in their periapetic (sp?) lifestyle.
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get the final number, think it was thirty (30!) posted as soon as I can. I'll update the list, etc. Great weekend, thanks to Steve and Sioux for coming so far, let us know as soon as you buy a boat!

All you C-Brats out there, is this a record?

Charlie
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And arrive we did! Many thanks to Tom and Kathy on Otter, not only for the loan of the boat, but also for the hospitality! Arrived at the Callahans' just in time to see Tom backing Otter out of the driveway (that mailbox just leapt out, I swear, I saw it with my own eyes!). About three hours to Lankford. Claire is such a sweetie, I will sit in the back seat and hand her coloring book pages and pens any time you want me to! I was toast, after the all-night red-eye, by Saturday evening had to prop my eyes open with toothpicks...I guess there is a photo or two after I crashed and burned. Still, I heard MOST of Tom McHugh's wonderful music (been humming all the way to Newark "I want to sail the Chester River, lay back in the noonday sun..."). Great fun meeting everyone, I trust there will not be test...Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, out cruising the Chesapeake...wow, what a cool place, all those rivers and "creeks" - a great lunch at a restaurant each day, good companionship each evening. And one awesome lightning show one night! Then, affairs of State changed plans, and Wednesday we boogied down the Chesapeake to the Potomac, and then Thursday back up the Potomac, toured the monuments from the water side, and finally back down to Bell Haven Marina. We are now at a hotel in Newark, NJ - Patty's nephew's wedding stuff starts on Long Island tomorrow, which was after all our excuse for the whole trip! What a fun time! We are so glad we came! Pictures will get posted after we get back to Fall City...

Otter-BelleHavenMarina wrote:
Just waiting for Pat and Patty to arrive and then we'll be on our way. Expect traffic over the bridge, but we'll get there! See you all tonight - hope Tom saved up some of those banjo songs!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted a bunch of photos. Folks will have to fill in names that I missed.

What a great time! Thanks to all.

Just got home from work and hauled the boat out. Don't know how you got it so clean, Pat and Patty! Otter was very happy and says you can come take her on a cruise anytime!

All the best,

El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update: The Gathering continues
Several boats continued cruising after the good times at Lankford. Entranced by the Eastern Shore, the flotilla visited St. Michaels, Oxford, Cambridge -- charming towns (each, by the way, with some marvelous restaurants accessible by water). Good anchorages (one, a great anchorage, in an evening thunderstorm), beautiful cruises up rivers like Tred Avon, Choptank, and Miles, great sundowners shared rafted together -- altogether good times. Yesterday, we sadly watched as Wanderer vectored out across the Bay toward homeport, and the last two of us angled back to Lankford Bay. There, we met Terraplane Tom, who invited us out to a potluck at The Mainstay, his venue in Rock Hall. Of course, after Tom suggested he "might play a tune or two," we headed into town. Good folks, good food, good tunes. Now, when Crescent Girl pulls out today, we are down to one.
An invite: Monday night, 8:00 pm at The Mainstay in Rock Hall, there will be a great jazz group playing -- Tom invites some fine musicians and it is sure to be an evening to remember. Come on over!! We plan to tie at Lankford for the night and head into Rock Hall for an evening out. Can anyone else make it?

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be there in spirit (unfortunately, physically we'll be back in Washington State and I will be at a City Council meeting, or just done with it). Hoist one for us! "I want to sail the Chester River, lay back in the noonday sun..."

El and Bill wrote:

An invite: Monday night, 8:00 pm at The Mainstay in Rock Hall, there will be a great jazz group playing -- Tom invites some fine musicians and it is sure to be an evening to remember. Come on over!! We plan to tie at Lankford for the night and head into Rock Hall for an evening out. Can anyone else make it?
CTYankee

City/Region: Conn
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Crescent Girl
Photos: Crescent Girl
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Back Home Reply with quote

Well, the New England contingent is back home in Connecticut. We said goodbye to the Halcyon and Wanderer crews on Friday, and the Chesapeake Bay Sat morning. What a great time we had with all you C-Brats and Bratettes. Special thanks to Terraplane Tom and his committee for providing the setting, the logistics, the crabs, and the entertainment. We ran into Tom on Friday, and he invited us to attend a most excellent pot-luck supper at his Arts foundation abode. Great food and music and a sampling of the famous Eastern shore hospitality. Thanks Tom.

I guess planning is under way already for next year, with the goal of 31+ boats for a new record. We'll try to be there, hopefully with-out the unseasonable high temperatures.

We really enjoyed meeting MANY new friends, from all over, and hope to see you all along the waterways of America soon. You are all invited to participate in the Erie Canal gathering in September. I think we drummed up some new interest, and now look to have 7-8 boats or more. Should be a great wander.

Dun and Becky (CTYankee)
Wanderer

City/Region: Annapolis, MD; The Villages, FL
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Wanderer
Photos: Wanderer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Pictures of Gathering Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just posted pictures taken at the gathering to www.2Wander.com.

The Cruising portion will follow in a day or two.

Come travel with us: http://2Wander.com
El and Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last of the 'from away' boats, Halcyon, pulled out of the Chesapeake yesterday. We had the grand finale last night -- an evening at The Mainstay, Terraplane Tom's 'theater' in Rock Hall. The Bill Allred Classic Jazz Band put on a marvelous performance -- the whole town rocked with the beauties of jazz. For those of you who are local to the Chesapeake, you should consider planning a trip to Rock Hall that co-incides with one of the fine performances at the Mainstay, tie off at a Marina, have dinner at a local waterfront restaurant, stroll up the street to the Mainstay, and enjoy a fine evening of entertainment. Would make for the perfect weekend.

We are mailing back the chip you loaned to us, Captain's Choice Charley, tomorrow along with a CD of all our pictures from the Gathering. Perhaps these can be incorporated with yours and loaded up to the Gathering Pictures page for all to enjoy. Thanks so much for the loan, even though it turned out we didn't use it, and for the good organizing you did for the Gathering. Sure enjoyed meeting you folks and look forward to crossing wakes again soon.
El and Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by El and Bill on Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got most of my pix up this morning (a few more to follow). This includes both the Great Eastern Shore C-Brat Gathering and the cruise some of us took afterward, since they are well, you know, connected.

PLEASE edit the titles to identify yourself and/or your C-dory!

Here is a shot of our Commodore, Tom McHugh, doing his thing. The instrument is of course a kazoo, and the other little doodie is a "limberjack" - most entertaining!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: