Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Ethanol Reply with quote

I wrote an email to our Pa. Senator Robert Casey. maybe something we all should do. The response is typical we have to keep pounding on them. see below

From: "Senator Robert P. Casey, Jr." <senator@casey.senate.gov>Add sender to ContactsTo: fishdeem@verizon.netDear Mr. Deem:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding biofuels. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

America is currently faced with the challenges of reducing carbon emissions to combat global warming and of promoting domestic energy production to reduce dependence on foreign oil. As a result, the production of biofuels has increased dramatically. Biofuels include ethanol made from corn, other starches or cellulosic materials, as well as biodiesel made from oil-based products such as soybeans.

In many cases, biofuels are more environmentally friendly in terms of emissions of toxins, volatile organic compounds and greenhouse gases than petroleum products. As the biofuels industry has matured, however, some people have become concerned about whether these fuels will contribute to the country's energy security or carbon reduction goals.

I understand that some Pennsylvanians have specific concerns about certain types of biofuels and favor reducing federal funding incentives for their production. The federal government currently provides support in the form of tax credits to fuel blenders and biofuels producers, and an import tariff on foreign-produced ethanol to protect and encourage the development of the U.S. biofuels industry. Some people are also concerned about the impact of an increased use of biofuels on engines. While I understand the significance of these issues, I am confident that many of these issues will be addressed by the future generations of biofuels. As Congress considers legislation that would further shape our renewable fuels policies, please be assured that I will keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator

P.S. If you would like to respond to this message, please use the contact form on my website: http://casey.senate.gov/contact/

D.D.

forrest

City/Region: Chehalis
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Long Story
Photos: Long Story
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd post this again for those who missed it. Here is a link for ethanol free gas. Just click on your state. http://pure-gas.org/ For 'Interested' in Virginia, http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=VA For Marc in Florida,http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=FL
Matt Gurnsey
Dealer

City/Region: Port Orchard
Photos: Kitsap Marina
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Casey sure used a lot of words to say nothing. Rolling Eyes
360-895-2193
(888) 293-7991
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Gurnsey wrote:
Mr Casey sure used a lot of words to say nothing. Rolling Eyes

I thought the same, Matt. Politic-speak at it's best.

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D D,
It is obvious to me that if you wrote any concern to him about the "down side" of ethanol, that Mr. Casey certainly didn't get the message and has absolutely no intent in addressing those concerns. I continue to maintain that the only hope of getting changes to our benefit is for those politicians to be out in the middle of the ocean with a non operating engine due to the effects of ethanol and that they know that is the cause of their problem. They then should sit with a dead battery with no means of communication for an extended period of time before someones rescues them so they can have a fresh and alternate opinion of the subject and make positive changes to our benefit.

My two bits opinion on the subject. Mr. Green

C-Brat #16
DaveS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way Mark, I recently started purchasing my non-ethanol fuel at the Union 76 Arlington Fuel Stop on the west side of I-5 at the Arlington Exit 208.

(In looking at the list referred to in the previous comment on this site, I see that Tom Thumb in Lake Stevens has non-ethanol fuel as well).
Will-C

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Ethanol Reply with quote

I'm going to keep at it with the ole Casey. My lasest response. see below

Dear Sir, I wrote in previously about ethanol laced gasoline. I don't think it solves any energy issues. It is driving the price of corn thu the roof. It takes more energy to produce than it saves. My car gets many miles less to the gallon compared to using straight gasoline with out ethanol. In my small engines ,lawnmowers, chain saw, and boat engine require that I buy expensive additives to prevent expensive carburator related issues from developing due to you folks voting that ethanol is ok to add to our gasoline. You should be doing everything in your power to halt ethanol being added to gasoline. Your previous answer was pure baloney lots of words nothing really said. Here are some opinions of others that I shared you previous answers. Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:53 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Casey sure used a lot of words to say nothing.

I thought the same, Matt. Politic-speak at it's best.
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:52 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D D,
It is obvious to me that if you wrote any concern to him about the "down side" of ethanol, that Mr. Casey certainly didn't get the message and has absolutely no intent in addressing those concerns. I continue to maintain that the only hope of getting changes to our benefit is for those politicians to be out in the middle of the ocean with a non operating engine due to the effects of ethanol and that they know that is the cause of their problem. They then should sit with a dead battery with no means of communication for an extended period of time before someones rescues them so they can have a fresh and alternate opinion of the subject and make positive changes to our benefit.

As you can see your answer is seen as mumbo jumbo by others, probably written by some office troll. I hope the tea party helps you out of office next. Ethanol is a real problem and you are doing nothing about it.
David Deem
billtwymank

City/Region: Pinehurst - New Bern, NC
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lady KC
Photos: Lady KC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Ethanol -- Huge Cost to Produce Reply with quote

Senator John McCain just tried to have all ethanol tax breaks reduced to zero.......but.........was rejected
as orchestrated by the huge ethanol lobbyist group.

We are not getting what we voted for in November.

If people only knew how many kiloliters of water are required to produce a gallon of ethanol,
and then the electricity used per kiloliter of water,
surely......... there would be a major uprising from all walks of life against all ethanol production.

If you can afford them....
enjoy your breakfast of corn flakes

DaveS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD, I like the wording of your last letter. I'll be interested to read what his response to that is.
Thanks,
Dave S.
Will-C

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: ETHANOL Reply with quote

I think they maybe are putting together a goon squad to pay me a visit. I'll let you know what they say the next time for sure. If they even answer. I feel so violated when I read their responses. I have written him before about the budget issues. I do think more people are getting up in arms (so to speak) about the issues we face. I just don't want them to think things are Hunky Dory (so to speak) They probably own stock in Marine Stabil. Disgust

D.D.
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you'll "suddenly" and "randomly" be chosen for an IRS audit. Laughing
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think it is futile to fight it but it is a moral imperative that we do fight for the right thing. It sounds like the bill doesn't have much of a chance of passing. A lot of someones paid a lot of money to get where we are at. I never begrudged the farmers a chance to make some money after what they have suffered through over the last 40 years but those farmers are gone, dead, bankrupt. We now have corporate farming and it is a much different world.
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job everyone

Keeping asking our elected officials for facts and figures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fuel Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: