The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

19' big enough, C-Dory the right boat??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: 19' big enough, C-Dory the right boat?? Reply with quote

We just moved to Whidbey island Washington from the Colorado mountains and are looking for a boat. We want to cruise mainly-through the San Juans and to Vancouver Island, some but secondary fishing. Just my wife and me, retired old but not feeble. Not entirely new to boating I grew up on the So. Cal coast and can recall taking a 12'8" Aristocraft with a Johnson 35, hand held compass, spare 5 gal of gas and my girlfriend to Catalina when i was 17 and immortal. Most of the stupids are out of my system not according to my wife though! Laughing

We like C-Dory, saw them at the Seattle boat show along with Arima, Trophy and Grady-White, but don't know much. the deep Vee folks talk about the better ride, the C-Dory folks talk about other things. We need advice.

Is a 19' big enough for what we want to do? We would love a 22' but can't afford it. Any boat we get will be used. We'd like to get out on the water to feel the chop for ourselves, will dealers Cornet Bay for example, work that out?

Etc. Etc.

We'd appreciate any information offered.

Barry and Patti Daniel
dogon dory

State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
flagold

City/Region: Abbeville
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: C-Dawg-E
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the tow rig goes, the CD 22 is still a pretty light boat, and although I do own a big V-8 manly truck, I end up towing it much of the time with my Jeep Liberty (V-6). The Jeep stops it just fine too. If I'm going across the U.S., then I get out the truck.
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Thanks for the replies Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies about our dilemma. We are in Oak harbor and not far from Cornet Bay. We'll go visit. Thanks for the hull info as well, now if i could only win the lottery!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: