The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Brass T-Drain Plug
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a plug similar to this on my '08 22 cruiser.

https://www.seaviewglobal.com/products/vault-drain-plug?variant=39609054036066&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&srsltid=AfmBOoqjra6T5zkblfGg3hf1qiBtp9VLYXrfj55Nf46JDdBHgKu5Tvd3WAE
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tug, Never had my plug get loose but got tired of water getting in so started wrapping it with teflon tape and bilge now stays dry. If it is quality bronze it may be ok but a brass plug in a brass fitting with roughly machined threads will feel tight before the pipe threads insert far enough. The teflon not only helps seal the fitting but lubricates the threads so the tapered male plug goes in farther before it stops turning.

Give it a test during winter layup. Mark the plug - thread in dry and count how many turns it goes in. Then remove - wrap with teflon and see if it turns in farther when lubricated.

Good luck and make sure your bilge pump is working - you don't want too much water getting in where you boat! Razz

Regards,

Rob

Tug

City/Region: Sault Ste. Marie
State or Province: ON
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Drifter
Photos: Drifter
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boat is stored for the Winter but I retrieved all my T-Handle drain plugs and will check them again . If all fails I will just plug the two drain holes up and install a Brass screw in type drain plug behind the gas tank just high enough to install the fitting. Thanks for the advice and Happy Thanksgiving to all my C-Brat friends South of the border.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: