The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1988 22' C-Dory Angler $22,500 (Poulsbo, Wa)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrtotem

City/Region: Poulsbo
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Dory Daze
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: 1988 22' C-Dory Angler $22,500 (Poulsbo, Wa) Reply with quote

A lightly used boat stored under cover, on a trailer, in prime condition.
My age (79) prompts me to sell. I've owned this boat since 1991 and have all the records. 70 hp Johnson, oil injected motor with electric trim and tilt and extra prop. Plus 15 hp electric start kicker with ezy-steer link. Approximately 10 hours since the last service on both motors. Water pumps, thermostats, plugs, etc. Heavy duty galvanized single axle tlr with new tires and electric winch. I tow with a big pickup so have not replaced the bad trailer brakes.
Equipment includes:
two 18 gallon fuel tanks, one 6 gal tank for kicker, twin batteries with switch, twin stainless pole holders plus two Fish-on pole holders, two swivel down rigger mounts for Penn electrics. (down riggers not included), Bilge pump, portapotty with privacy curtain, single burner cooktop (never used), teak handrails on the cabin, dinette table and cabin cushions excellent, anchor with new chain and rode, Apelco 16 mile radar, Apelco fish finder/depth sounder, Lowrance GPS with Map-chip, a lighted deluxe Ritchie compass, dual wipers, marine radio and CB, bow roller, fenders and lines.
Boat is turnkey. This boat has been pampered and used little. Don't miss this one.

mrtotem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Is the Price Right? Reply with quote

OK OK I think Dory-Daze is priced correctly because of it's prime condition. If it high, low, just right, or about right, let me know. I have been a member for a long time. I very much enjoyed this site. A great resource for C-Dory people. My wife gets so seasick that I will not ask her to go along and she hates to see me go alone. Someone should be using this boat. Open to input. Thanks much, Al Crying or Very sad
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrtotem wrote:
Open to input.

Hey Al - here's mine. Mr. Green

My personal take - it's priced too high.

Condition does sound great, and if the hull is as nice as it sounds that does indeed set it apart from many of this era. Still, there are a good many folks who look at a boat like this, and instantly add $8-10K to the price for a 4-stroke repower. Another factor - there are others who prefer the better ride and handling of the newer hull designs that started a year or two after yours. Plenty of people like the older hull designs though, so this isn't anywhere near as big a deal as the 2-stroke.

A brief look through other older 22's being advertised here, shows several that are very close in price to yours, some of which are even less - but all have been repowered with modern 4-strokes.

Were I in the market for a 22 - I'd be very hesitant to pay more than $15-17K for one in any condition with a 2-stroke, as I'd fall into the repower class of buyer.

Good luck with your sale.

mrtotem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's for the input. I know my problem is this,I know how good and how little the 2-strokes have been used. Bullet proof,no problems. My idea was to use these motors for 3or4 years and up-grade with your choice 4-stroke. Some friends have had bills to re-build carbs,replace gaskets etc on 2year old 90 4strokes like 2200 dollars,mechanic said mosture was the cause of carb problem and fuel(ethanol) the gasket deteration. My 5hp Nisson 4stroke one year old on another boat quit on the lake this year,mechanic said one drop of water causes enough corrosion to plug the jets in the carb. I know the 4strokes are nice and no oil smell ever,but its hard for me to think some one has to spend 8 to 10 grand to use this boat and toss 2 very good 2 strokes. I know some feel that there are no good 2 stokes. Since 1950 all size 2 stoke motors have worked well for me .Sorry to ramble,thanks much and yes I do try to be open-minded. sincerely Al Confused
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw a sister ship to this one at the dock in Port Townsend. I believe the boat name was"Evalyn" or close, (Sorry Steve, can't remember your boats name), but the couple on board, from Springfield Oregon, had just spent a couple weeks, going from Olympia to the San Juans and back, on the same motor setup. No troubles, no hicups and no worries. MrTotem has a point, but agree, he may be just a tad on the high side, but then I haven't seen this boat.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

mrtotem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's for the input. We have been out of state and visiting doctors so have not been out and about much the last year or so. That is so great about this site,no one of us can retain all the info all can retain. Cheers Al Smile
mrtotem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes, I am open to reasonable offers on Dory Daze Confused Al
mrtotem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: NEW PRICE 19000 Reply with quote

19000 New PRICE ! need to move the boat,leaving the state soon, it sells and someone can use it now or it goes back in storage until next April. Cheers Al Sad
mrtotem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: SALE PENDING Reply with quote

Sale pending, My neighbor wants the boat,and he is a good guy to have it Al Smile
mrtotem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: SOLD Reply with quote

The Dory Daze is sold, the happy new owner towed it about 2 blocks to his house today, yes and he will be a good C-Brat. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: