View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Articles of interest Reply with quote

There have been a number of recent posts from new and prospective C-Dory owners with general questions about hull design, safety in open water, etc. When I was thinking about buying a boat, I came across two websites authored by Florida yacht surveyor David Pascoe that I found extremely informative. They are www.docksidereports.com and www.yachtsurvey.com

Pascoe's focus is more on big cruising and fishing yachts, and most of the specific boat reviews he provides are of boats in those categories. (Even though I was not shopping in that category, I found his reviews interesting because, unlike boating magazine writers, he has no editors with an eye on advertising revenue to soften any negative observations.) However, he has also written a number of useful general articles that may be of interest to C-Brats. In Dockside Reports, for example, there is an article called "Boat Safety at Sea - Part I" that discusses some of the inherent limitations of a small (20' to 30') outboard boat in ocean conditions. In Yacht Survey, there is an entertaining article he titled (tongue-in-cheek) "The Perfect Boat" that any prospective boat buyer should read before plunking down his hard-earned dinero.

I have the sites bookmarked and find myself rereading his articles from time to time. The more time I spend on the water, the more some of his observations make sense to me. Hope you find them useful as well.

Best wishes,

wailedcentipede

City/Region: canada
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Blue Jay
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

added dock side reports to favorites .... haven't dived into it but looks interesting .... wc Shocked
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Articles of interest Reply with quote

Yes, the small boat article is very worthwhile reading, thought-provoking. Thanks!

Otter-BelleHavenMarina wrote:
I came across two websites authored by Florida yacht surveyor David Pascoe that I found extremely informative. They are www.docksidereports.com and www.yachtsurvey.com

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nor'westing magazine for 6/7/06 to 7/5/06 has a brief article on page 19 under "Owner Association Rendezvous". Gives a brief on the dates of upcoming C-Brat gatherings. (Brock did you submit that?)

Also the 6/06, Dockside Northwest Edition has a several page article about the C-Ranger 21 on page 48. The author spent time with Les of EQ Marine out on the water on a C-Ranger 21. Good article with several pictures. (Way to go Les!).

C-Brat #16
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I didn't, but thanks for asking. And whoever did send that information, thanks to you, too.
Cat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: