The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/15 - 07/17 Blakely Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it, but I accidentally left my trusty camera in the Expedition back at DPSP...no pix from me this time, sorry!

TyBoo wrote:
Photo album is there. First one in the Cruises and Events album.

I see Pat A is logged on, and he is the champeen at the picture posting. Maybe he has some news for us poor souls.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, sorry for the long post here (well, not really). As predicted, we pulled into Blakely Marina Friday evening just a little after 7:00 pm.

We launched at Deception Pass State Park, don't you have to love the way those ramps are so far out from the floats - oh, well! Jim and Laurie on Laurna Jo had stopped at Deception Pass Marina for fuel, and joined us for a nice easy cruise up to Blakely. There was a big fog bank across Rosario up around Thatcher Pass, but when we got into it, it was actually pretty thin and visibility was OK. Laurna Jo has radar anyway, but fog always makes us nervous.

Got tied up, the keg unloaded, and the fun began! Nice fire at the picnic shelter, impromptu potluck - a few crab, a few shrimp - better than what we had planned anyway! Lots of great catching up, a bonus evening! Sent Austin and Vince off with the tent - when we checked in the morning, there were four boys in there! James from Susan E and Jake from Rock-C had joined Austin and Vince. What a great time the boys had, swimming, jumping off the dock, running around in the dinghy, playing Metallica on the boombox (Fred says "Hey, guys - why don't you just go bang your head on trees?"). Mainly, they were out of our hair the whole weekend and what trouble could they get into on Blakely anyway? (hmmm...don't answer that...)

Pat Byrd (Freebyrd), who travelled in from Alabama, bunked on Daydream Friday and Saturday nights (well, at least part of Saturday night, I think it was about 3:00 am before Pat stumbled in) - what a hoot! No, Pat - we were not surprised that you could read, had teeth and shoes, and could count to ten with your shoes on - but we did enjoy your patter, no doubt about it! You are welcome again anytime!

Saturday day cruise - while some others did their own thing, Bess-C, Daydream, Rock-C and C-Dancer went whale watching, and Susan E joined us. And did we luck out yet again! Three pods were traveling together south down the west side of San Juan Island, and they put on a show! Freebyrd got a GREAT shot (maybe a few great shots actually), his pix should be posted soon when he gets back to 'Bama. The weather guessers were wrong, wrong, wrong - both Saturday and Sunday were fabulous, especially in the afternoons.

The Saturday night potluck, wow, what can I say - crab, shrimp, authentic BBQ (ribs, pulled pork with three different sauces, brisket), salads, side dishes, desserts, a full size keg of Copperhead - those of you who missed it, wipe that drool off your chin! Norma donated a bunch of Blakely wearables, and C-Dory had some great prizes - $200 gift certificates. Thanks Norma and C-Dory! The highlight of the evening - the TC255 pulled in with the Reynolds family, Jeff Messmer, Andrew and some other production guys - they had been working 17 hours straight so they could bring it to Blakely. This is an AWESOME boat...if money were no object, I could do this!

Sunday, the christenings - Daydream, C-Dancer, Little Catelyn, Work Release and Laurna Jo. What a fine tradition! One by one, folks started to leave, we hung on as long as we could, right up until the gal from the office came down and evicted us...All in all, one fine and memorable gathering!

Doug / Liberty Call

City/Region: Brownsville
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Liberty Call
Photos: Liberty Call
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great weekend! I was able to line up some more faces with the names, see friends from past trips and plan with others for trips in the future. Probably the best pot luck Saturday night that we have ever had; thanks Pat, Pat, Patty, Fred and everyone else that helped set the table...I'm still full. Sorry we had to leave so early Sunday but it's always best to get home in time to clean up and see that the weekend chores are done. We went to Brownsville via Port Townsend in 4 1/2 hours. Awsome day to be on the water even if it was just to go home. Looking forward to next time.

Doug
Work Release

City/Region: Everett, Wa.
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Work Release
Photos: Work Release
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Blakely Island Reply with quote

Sheryl and I had a great time! The weather was sunny for the most part. We meet a lot of nice folks and the Potluck was great. I wanted to thank Pat for bringing the BBQ pork, Pat for the beer,Roger for the fresh Shrimp, and everyone that donated the crab. I just posted some photos of the gathering and the new 24 Tom Cat. Looking forward to the next gathering.
Jim, Work Release
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great time. Thanks to all who made it so special. (That would be everyone!!!) A special thanks to the Helen O for the Saturday fishing trip. We must have caught 25 fish! Rolling Eyes I hope they catch some real fish on the rest of their cruise.

Spirit showed up on Sunday after most had left. They have spent the last 6 weeks on their boat. What stories they have to tell. They love their boat.

A special treat today as I was about to enter Deception Pass at 6:15 am. A pod of orcas came in from the north and I stopped and was soon surrounded by 20-25 whales. One breached about 50 feet behind the boat. What a sight. Shocked It was extremely calm, quiet, and a beautiful sunrise. The only sounds were those made by the whales. And C- Run was the only boat to see and hear the show. WOW.

More later. (pictures) I am a bit tired after 125 miles today. But it is a GOOD tired! Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
eieioh

City/Region: Gig Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Brave Heart
Photos: Brave Heart
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Evelyn. I have never posted anything to this C-Brats site before. Bill is the gregarious one in our family. (The funny one too.) However, inspired by the level of excellence of the food at the Blakely gathering, I am rising above my natural reserve to offer a few comments. As always, thanks to Snoqualmie Falls Brewing Company for quenching our thirst with a first-rate ale. The barbeque was surely the finest of the real thing, brought with love, all the way from Alabama. Appreciation goes to Byrdman. Crab and shrimp … what can I say … it came out the rolling deep minutes before being served. To all of you who ventured out on the seas for this harvest, we salute you. Many other dishes were said to be delicious but, there were so many, I didn’t have room in my tummy to taste them all. Of those I did taste, two demand special accolades. Shelley and Lyle’s baguette slices topped with mozzarella, basil and tomato, sprinkled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar were exquisite. Then, I don’t know who brought this … spinach, artichoke salad to die for … whoever you are, you have my gratitude. If any of you would care to share your recipes, that would be marvelous. The fresh cherries were scrumptious. As the evening wound down, little baggies of cherries miraculously appeared and were take into custody by C-Dory pirates. Just now, Bill took a recipe from Allrecipes.com so the aroma of cherry cobbler is drifting in from the kitchen as I write these words.

Thanks everyone for your friendship and kindness.

Adeline

City/Region: Vancouver
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Adeline
Photos: Adeline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
book um Dano
Kam Fong as Chin Ho.

R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evelyn, Been thinking all day about your posting as we hadn't gotten around to thanking everyone for such a marvelous weekend. You pretty much said everything that was on my mind. We'd like to add that it was just wonderful seeing everyone again, meeting some we hadn't met before and truly missing those that weren't able to join us. The food, the christenings, the friendships. What a marvelous experience. Even the weather improved! Speaking of recipes - Roger suggested that I try this one dish - something that looked like angel hair spaghetti. Don't know what it was but it sure twanged my taste buds. Went back for seconds, too. Anybody have that recipe?

Ruth (and Joe, too)
R-Matey

Last edited by R-Matey on Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at all the Blakely pics and thinking.....damn I wish I could have been there. BUT, this is the year we may finally make it to the Squim gathering I've heard so much about.
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth
I believe that was Susan (starcraft Toms better half) that made the Pasta dish

I also wish to thank everyone involved for making this gathering such a success.It was good to see all the familiar faces and to be able to put faces to names of the new members of this great group we have.It was too bad that so many were not able to make this one!!!They missed a winner for both comaraderie and weather.

Having a chance to get a ride on the new TC255 was quite a thrill for me. She is a very impresive craftand once they get her dialed in and finished she will be a beaut.

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, Thanks for the update on that pasta dish. Susan....if you're out there, please please let me know how to make that dish. Just yummy!

Thanks, Ruth
(R-Matey)
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Braveheart Evelyn, I wasn't even there and you really made me feel at home and appreciated. As an absentee Brat, I want to thank you for your comprehensive cuisine commentary. Hey, do you think we can coax Lyle and Shelly to repeat their yummy Italian appetizer? And who are you, unnamed spinich and artichoke artists, you who concoct delights to die for? Please step forward.

We'll root 'em out, Evelyn, and thanks for such a kind words.
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trip of a life time for a SE C-Dory owner. I can not put into words the gift each of you have presented me with during my time at this gathering. Homes opened up, 1st time crabbing and deep water shrimping (with licence too!!! Razz ).. and... limited out on both... rides to and from a sweet little island in the San Juan Islands... views to simply die for, sit back and just marvel.... a boat to climb aboard for a couple of great night...well, one night and one partial mornings sleep (but the boat was there, ready, and available...with ear plugs supplied to boot), great... I mean some great foods from breakfast, lunch and dinners... I was "forced" to eat breakfast 3 times Saturday morning to simply sample the goods...and they were greats...not goods. A special thanks to Roger & Lisbeth Johnson and their family for opening their home and boat, (my 1st CD22 Angler experience.....and what a fine boat to own!!) for me and the great crabbing, shrimping and trip to the docks to meet Dusty, a special thanks to Pat and Patty Anderson for the bunk on their CD25 while at Blakely Island and the nice meals on board.... Patty...those cheese things while on the whale watch need to be shared... great C-Dory/wallas meal. This was a trip of a life time. Sorry I missed some of you, maybe next time in the NW, and what a way to meet other C-Dory owners. Yea, like Roger says... I think that new TC255 is going to be real fine. You have to love a company that really puts the boat in front of the owners and ask for input. WOW... You all have been in my prayers for thanks of the past few days. Is this a GREAT country or what.
Byrdman in Bama..... Ya'll come on down!!
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just keeps coming..... the pictures that are being posted are great... WOW... What are the dates for next year?
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty here. Patrick, it was a pleasure to accomodate you aboard the Daydream. You are a hoot! I don't know what the heck you were doing Saturday night to roll in at 3:00am, but I hear it was "guarding the keg" and that's a good thing. Thanks so much for the PORK in all its varieties---you earned your keep cookin' that Saturday night. See you in 'Bama some day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: