The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD 1989 C-Dory 22 Cruiser, in the Tropical Tip of Texas...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texasair wrote:
Jim, Tried to PM you. We are leaving in a few hours. Would like to meet you and your bride and buy you lunch or dinner. Could you PM me a contact number?

Tex and Sharon

Nice to visit with you, Tex, and looking forward to meeting you two in person. How's this for the C-Brat Hot Line: I was riding my bicycle when I got a call from my buddy, Dave (toyman); he said, "The guy that bought that 22 by you is trying to get ahold of you." I peddled back home to check for a PM. Very Happy

Best wishes,
Jim B.
JamesTXSD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a nice supper with Tex and Sharon; interesting how much we have in common. The Brats who did the Lake Powell gathering last year got to meet this fun couple with the houseboat. Sharon hasn't seen the 22, yet... I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that conversation. Wink

I have no doubt that Tex will bring this boat back to pristine condition.

Good luck with the trailer work, Tex; let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Best wishes,
Jim & Joan
JamesTXSD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are about to find out if Tex has been living right - he pumped up the tires and they held air. He greased the bearings and they turned. He came prepared for nearly any situation, including new tires/wheels/hubs. Before they left town, they got the nickle tour of Wild Blue and I took a couple photos of them and their new addition.

Here is the happy couple with their CD-22 currently named Happy Hour...

Yes, the boat is in dire need of some serious de-skanking. I think Sharon may have Tex take the LONG way home to avoid anyone they know seeing them. He wasn't making his life any easier by telling her he had a big banner reading "Sharon's New Boat!!!" that he wanted to slap on there before hitting the road. Twisted Evil I admire that quality in a guy.

Step into the cockpit...

And then the cabin...

And the solar panels on top...

Joan pointed out the "little trees" growing out of the wooden handrails. Not sure that added to Sharon's happy meter. Just kidding, of course, she was being a good sport about the situation.

So, here's hoping it's an uneventful ride home for Tex and Sharon. He mentioned something about this whole thing being MY fault... to which I quickly pointed out that all I did was make this situation public. HE'S the one who hopped on a plane and bought this boat less than 24 hours after I posted it.

I think (hope) we'll all be surprised at what a difference a couple gallons of Clorox and some serious scrubbing makes... hopefully, pleasantly surprised. Wink

Nice meeting you, Tex and Sharon... and we'll be looking forward to the AFTER photos!

Best wishes,
Jim
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesTXSD wrote:

<stuff clipped>He mentioned something about this whole thing being MY fault... to which I quickly pointed out that all I did was make this situation public. HE'S the one who hopped on a plane and bought this boat less than 24 hours after I posted it.
<more stuff clipped>

We can't let you get off that easy. If the boat cleans up well and doesn't have any major problems, it's all due to Tex getting on the plane. Anything else, we're all gonna blame it on you. Wink Laughing

JamesTXSD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Roger, I'm responsible. Just like around our house... anytime anything goes wrong, I'm responsible. Boo-hoo-hoo. Cry I can tell you feel sorry for me... not.

My Mother asked me if the guy selling the boat gave me any commission... hell, he doesn't even know my name. Rolling Eyes According to what he told Tex, he had about 30 calls on the boat. Could be the old boy was a bit prone to exaggeration? The lady at the storage place told me two guys had been in to look the first day. Not bad, considering where the boat was located. She also told me that someone had offered the guy $17k a couple years ago, and he turned it down.

Still, this reminds me of the old story about a guy finding an old Harley in a barn... yadda, yadda, yadda. Wink

Best wishes,
Jim
texasair

City/Region: Cypress, Texas
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bixby's Cub
Photos: Bixbys Cub
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insulted by Texas state trooper, but my luck is holding. On the way home, I was pulled over by the Texas highway patrol near Victoria. I brought spare hubs, bearings, grease, tires, temporary trailer lights,etc but forgot to throw in a good licence plate from one of my other boats.
He asked about no licence plate and I told him that I had just purchased the boat and had the trailer registration and bill of sale to show him, He said never mind, no one would steal this boat. He asked what I paid for the boat and I told him and he acted like I was crazy. He said no one would pay that kind of money for a boat in this condition. I started to try to tell him about C-Dory's and realized that I was arguing with a State Trooper. So I quickly changed my tune and told him that my wife sitting in the truck would agree with him about the boat. He handed me back my licence and said, next time get a temporary plate and that he hoped that it would make it all the way to Houston.
We did make it and are now safe at home, tomorrow a pressure washer and lots of Clorox.
Tex and Sharon
JamesTXSD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tex, that is hysterical! Mr. Green SO glad to hear you made it home with no problems... heck, the Trooper stop wasn't a problem, it's a great story! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Best wishes,
Jim
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texasair wrote:

We did make it and are now safe at home, tomorrow a pressure washer and lots of Clorox.
Tex and Sharon

Can't wait to see a picture after the washdown. Are you gonna keep the name? I kind of like it, although "Cinderella" might be more appropriate. Got any plans for those solar panels?

"...we're all in the same boat..."
texasair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think the solar panels and the electric downriggers fit into my plans for the boat
toyman

City/Region: Lake Livingston
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Fan-C-Dory
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I KNEW Tex would end up with a C-Dory, just takes a little time to stew about it. All of that - trees in the hand rails, solar panels with sunburns, downriggers ( for lake Conway ~35' deep) AND he gets a name also, how can you beat a deal like that ? Very Happy

I saw the note Tex had posted about trying to contact Jim, so I called him. He (Jim) was peddling his body out on the streets of S. Texas Rolling Eyes , believe me he has some stiff competition down there, and when I mentioned a free lunch - you could hear him folding shop and heading home to call Tex. Good on Ya Mates, this community is one GREAT reason to own a C-Dory, and be a Brat !

CONGRATULATIONS TEX & SHARON

In East Texas
JamesTXSD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh... pedal vs peddle... good catch, Dave! Laughing Now that I have my error for the year out of the way, Tyboo can rest easy. Mr. Green And I think you know me well enough to know that my second career as an exotic male dancer really isn't the same thing as "peddling myself". Shame on you for even implying that. Embarassed

To bring this back on topic, Tex is considering installing an a/c unit on the boat... maybe you can offer to cut a big ol' hole in the top of his boat?

Best wishes,
Jim
texasair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would post up a photo of the little trees on the grab rail
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Good luck and good find Reply with quote

Jim,

Bet I know why you did not post a photo of the inside of that cooler Twisted Evil

Looks like a good pressure washer and some clorox wouldn't hurt much.

Tex, Good luck and good find. Now there is an investment (anda project).

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: