The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Ranger....of a different kind dies at 70
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I watched a documentary on Desmond Doss, conscientous objector and Medal of Honor recipient. His story is a uniquely American story and an inspiration. I hope anyone who is interested takes time and watch this story of his life.
At his Medal ceremony President Truman said "I'm proud of you, you really deserve this. I consider this a greater honor than being president", enough said.

www.desmonddoss.com
jer2

City/Region: Burke
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: R&R
Photos: R&R
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Story of the Secret War (Bob Howard's Actions) Reply with quote

12/30/09 CBrats-

FYI...I have now read a gripping 'first hand' account of the secret war conducted by the Special Forces/Special OPS units in Laos, Cambodia, North VietNam.

Author is Major John L. Plaster, USA (ret)
Special Forces
Title: The Secret Wars of America's Commandos in Viet Nam (1997).
ISBN 0-684-81105-7

Autor personnaly served with SFC Bob Howard and led a special SOG team himself as SSGT in the Special Forces. Author decribes the full history of Special OPS beginning in 1961 until the end of the war. Also, he explains why many KIA/MIA/POWs could not be identified.

Now that all their heroic service is now 'unclassified', maybe more will know of their selfless scrafices.

A truly awesome account....

John Roark
2008 CD 16C w/Honda 50
R&R
Upper Potomac River (VA) Fleet
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: very special sense of caring Reply with quote

Quote:
"My wife and I watched a documentary on Desmond Doss, conscientious objector and Medal of Honor recipient. His story is a uniquely American story and an inspiration. I hope anyone who is interested takes time and watch this story of his life.
At his Medal ceremony President Truman said "I'm proud of you, you really deserve this. I consider this a greater honor than being president", enough said."

I would second that.

I had the unique privilege of meeting Desmond Doss at a Medical Cadet Corp training session before I was drafted and sent to Viet Nam. He was a most unassuming, humble man with a very special sense of caring, and an indomitable faith.

Patrick, thanks for the thread.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

RCurry

City/Region: New Bern
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Baby
Photos: Sea Baby
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: MOH Reply with quote

Thanks for the link.

I had the pleasure of serving with, or meeting, several MOH recipients during my 26 year Naval career. All were unassuming men who "were just doing my job."

Cal Bridgers - The Deckhand
YNCM, USN-Retired
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: