The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

honda 35 props

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbadmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: honda 35 props Reply with quote

From: lunkerbrobilly (Original Message) Sent: 6/1/2003 9:55 AM
Just got home from a trip of rough seas. I was headed out the Inlet, Beauford, NC, seas turned out to be around 7 foot. I turned around in a following sea, had seemed to have almost no power. In a trough, I took a big one and lucky the window was shut of I would have been bailing the cabin. Here's my question. I have just added the honda dowl fins and changed props. I'm in a 22ft with twin honda 35-4 strokes. The guy sold me a 12 x 13 props.
I've looked and I had 11 1/4 x 13's props....the c-dory site recommends 11 1/2 x 13. Any ideas why I had no get up and go in that situation? I also noticed that at top end I was not doing as fast as with the old props. Thanks for any help! Billy on "Antilles"

Doublechecked and the prop they sold me was a 11.75 x 12.....thanks for any help.

Billy. All I can tell you is what my 22 C-D feels like in the rough sometimes. It has a 115 four stroke on it and there are times in the trough that it "feels" like it has no power either! I learned to accept it and realized the power of the sea. I'm sure if I were lighty loaded my boat would have been a lot more agile in those trough situations.
Did you notice what your tach was at RPMs? when trying to get back?
Greg

Greg,
Sure did not notice the tack..heck I was looking for movement. Good thing the hatch and window was shut or I would have had a real problem with lots of water inside. It sure did feel helpless...not much control over steering or power...the sea sure has the power. Thanks for the reply.
Billy

Your welcome, I hope that's all it was. Musta been some very short seas to do that!

I wrote to the C-D factory and Scot told me that the correct prop for a 22' Crusier, 1993 running twin 35hp Honda's is the 11 1/8 x 13, Honda part number #58130-zv5-013ah........hope this helps someone else!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Propellers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: