The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

04/02 - 04/17 Nashville/Mt. Juliet TN C-Dory Gathering
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: 04/02 - 04/17 Nashville/Mt. Juliet TN C-Dory Gathering
From Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:00 am to Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:59 am (included)

Being born raised in the Nashville/Mt. Juliet TN area, and having others express interest in a gathering in the Nashville area, we are going to put one together. The waters are the Cumberland River System, or more accurately, Old Hickory Lake. I have family members living on the lake. We are at present looking at an open window of times as to allow for others to drop in what dates would work for them, see who is scheduled for the Grand Ol' Opry. Mile marker 236, LBD is just about on my Mothers house. You can hit the power towers with a rock in her back yard. My last duty day is 1Apr05 and find it fitting I go out on April Fools day...one for the road!. Plan to have FreeByrd hooked and ready to drag from the 1300 hours ceremony, going straight to the lake. Need help with a sign up roster with earliest arrival date of 2Apr and ending date of 17Apr05. Folks can sign up for which ever part they can make it for, and we just might have more than one if needed. Then, some (Halcyon) has already expressed interest in a possible follow on down the Tenn-Tom to the Gulf. I plan to stay on my boat and being somewhere for about a month and a half to start my retirement. See some of Yall in Seattle at the boat show/factory gathering. Byrdman
Byrdman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside of 30 days till the show and factory visit... Very Happy Very Happy
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the beer! Don't forget the beer, I know I won't!

Byrdman wrote:
Inside of 30 days till the show and factory visit... Very Happy Very Happy

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Byrdman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good & Bad News on that Pat... Do have family business in the BBQ and Sports Bar business...but they do not make their own.... Feel very sure a brew or 2 will be toasted to the water God for the safety of all... Cheers! Beer
Byrdman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opry plays on Tuesday nights (2 hour show), then the normal show with several guest on stage each Friday and Saturday nights. Attempted to find who is there for the 1st couple of weeks in Apr05 for the Nashville gatering, but nothing posted that far out yet. With this, if folks want to see the Opry during the gathering, guess we need to shoot for one of the Saturday nights due to most folks attending gatherings during the weekends.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made nice visit to Mt. Juliet TN for Chrismas. Talking with my brother Mike (who will be in attendance at the SBS & C-Dory Factory Gathering), the overnight transit docking spaces in Nashville at the Nashville Waterfront Park are limited, and last year were on a 1st come 1st serve basis, often taken up quickly by the 70+ ' houseboats that came up river from KY Lake/Lake Barkely land between the lakes area... He has stayed overnight and last years "dockmaster" would even bring him down a morning paper to his boat. Mike will check and see who the city of Nashville awarded the 2005 contract to, and what the rules of ingagement are for this year, prior to our Grand O'l Nashville gathering... Some are planning a follow on down river towards the Gulf Coast, and we can "leap-frog" our tow vehicles. Sign up sheet on the C-Dogs site. See some of you in Seattle in a couple of weeks...and see some of you in Apr05 in Nashville/Mt. Juliet, TN
Byrdman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we have 8 boats signed up already and we are months away still. Looking like no body had to rush in and rush out. Input from my brother Mike with much more local knowledge than I on things there, I recommend that we just get everybody in the water Saturday morning 2Apr05 (that we can not get in Friday evening), move the tow vehicles over to my Mom’s house/yard for storage. Then, just take some short runs in and around the launch area leaving us time to anchor up good, take vehicle ride into Nashville for a great southern BBQ dinner (Scoreboard across the street from Opryland…and family owned), enjoy who ever is at the Opry Saturday night, return to the boats afterwards… Opry starts at 7pm and about 30 minutes drive in/out. Scoreboard right across the street from Opry (5 minutes drive with parking time)

Then Sunday, go up river to accomplish a couple of things… 1) get away from most of the “weekend traffic”, and 2) see some of the real beauty of the Cumberland River system that most never see. Then on Monday, work our way back down river and possibly thru the lock and dock-up at the downtown Nashville Riverwalk, and see the Ryan Museum (old Grand Ol Opry location), and other this is where it happened down town Nashville sites…leaving time to get back thru the lock prior to dark…and headed back up river to our anchorages. We can run up the river at slow speeds after dark but really would need to be thru the lock prior to dark. This would be a very flexible Sat-Monday run…make sure we take in the Grand Ol Opry, see often unseen parts of the Cumberland, and give those who need to pull out either Monday late afternoon/early Tuesday morning a good trip too. Then, take a look-see at who all can stay, see what is possible for us to do with those available and go from there…??

What do ya’ll think?

Patrick Byrd “Byrdman” aboard FreeByrd
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan for the Grand Ol' Nashville Cruise/Gathering sounds great!!! And, one of the best aspects of the Gathering, is to share time with the two Brydmen and their families.

The following links will give some impressions of our cruising on those delightful rivers (the Cumberland and Tennessee), a little background geology, and a look at the two former gatherings in those parts.

http://www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/cumber.htm

http://www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/impact.htm

http://www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/tenn.htm

http://www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/cdory.htm

http://www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/alcdory.htm

For any folks within driving distance and with some time off, as Pat would say, "Ya'll come on ovah!" If you can't bring your boat, due to time constraints (or not yet owning one), come on anyway -- it will be a great social time and there's room aboard boats for some shared cruising.

Byrdman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Bill...Ya got me home sick now after a little time poking around on your links... and, as El found out talking with the LockMaster.. There is true reason I picked "FreeByrd" for the name of my vessel. You call on the radio and often they are singing in the background when they call you back... And, if you did not have a Lynard Skinard album ..... Ya just ain't from around here. And for a informational tid-bit... that was actually the name of the band member's high school principal....
Tom&Marge

City/Region: Paducah
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1990
Vessel Name: PELICAN
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Byrdman,
We would like to sign up for the Nashville gathering. We would plan to arrive on Friday, April 1, and leave Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. It sounds like a great time.
Where do we go to sign up?
Tom & Marge
El and Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOORAY, Tom and Marge. So glad Pelican will be there and looking forward to seeing you good folks again.
El and Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom and Marge -- do you have time to do some cruising before or after? Sure look forward to some more evenings together.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom: Great to get back together... Below is a copy & paste from the C-Dog site where Ken has set up a sign-up roster for us. I will also attempt to get one set up here in the C-Brat too because so many folks are totally new to these formats and we do want all the folks to have an opportunity to gather when we can. That is one of the many great things about being a C-Dory owner, is getting to meet and spend time with others.

http://groups.msn.com/CDoryOwnersGroup/thenashvillebashapril22005.msnw?action=view_list&sortstring=

Sorry... I have not mastered that ....here is the little blue link thing just yet...

Byrdman on FreeByrd
Byrdman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks C-Brat Administrators.... OK gang, we now have a functioning group sign up roster on the C-Brat site for the Nashville Gathering. Please feel free to sign up here too if you have already signed up on the C-Dog site too. I track both and some folks do not. Looking to have around 8 boats already. Looking forward to the trip and enjoying some great home cook'n with ribs, BBQ and the fixen's...then on over to the Grand Ole Opry Saturday night...prior to going back to the boats.
El and Bill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious about plans some folks coming to the Gathering might have for follow-on cruising.

Pat? After some Cumberland/Tennessee River cruising, got any plans. I know you've talked about going south on TennTom and maybe over to Bahamas.

Joel (be sure to check with Roxie) - want to stay east awhile and do some cruising either heading south on TennTom or (maybe) trailer over the mountains and splash on the east coast and cruise over there?

We're kinda thinking of different possibilities, but certainly would like to be in Chesapeake for their Gathering. Love crab cakes!

Anyone else coming to the Gathering that might be able to cruise around elsewhere after the KY/TN cruising?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: