The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New TomCat 25
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: New TomCat 25 Reply with quote

Check this out.

Picture courtesy of Les and Kathy at EQ Harbor Services. I hope they don't sue me.

Last edited by TyBoo on Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike -

Not sure how to spell drool.

Dusty

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for showing me this after i order a 22. I could not afford one any how. the new cat sure looks a lot better then the old one. susan would never have gotten the old cat based just on the look, but i just showed her the new picture and she loved it and wishes we could afford it. well at lest i did not buy the old cat only to see this. i bet it gets a lot of looks at the show and maybe even some good press.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what we were hoping for- that the builder would modify the looks on the boat to bring it into the family line which is designed after the classic Montery trawler look. The brow and overhangs, gunnel color treatments, enlarged cabin top, and general lines make it into a real C-Dory family member. Adding outboard brackets should markedly increase the cockpit room and make the boat bridge the chop better and even pitch less. Although it was and will remain a relatively expensive boat, the new apperance should markedly improve sales. We'll all look forward to getting to see this new baby at the SBS (& CBC) !!! Joe.
Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawdust wrote:

Not sure how to spell drool.

Uh-oh. If I were a betting man, I'd feel pretty good about placing a wager on who's getting EQ's first 25 Tomcat... Xmas Naughty

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Let's See.... Dusty has a high-top 22 almost complete which would easily work for a demo @ Les's shop while they build Dusty a 25... Not sure who has the 1st one, but understand that with money down by some current C-Dory owners...or soon to be owners, the plant was able to move up the manufactor dates... I too love those lines.... Now, let's see where this takes the sales... My wife has not spent enough time on mine to know the differance... Smile Wink ,,, but those pictures we have will catch me... And, if starting over, not sure I would not go with twin 140 Suzuki's or the 130 Hondas... In the "inside" waters, the current TomCat seems to be just really getting comfortable with self around 28-30. Speed is not everything, and still, 70% plus of my time is trolling forward with only one motor engaged in forward at idle... for very slow, quite, smooth trolling (and cooking!!!)... This should open up some sales flow.... New 25 Cat, the 25, some of the original 24TomCat's and 22s now moving to the new 25 Cat.... Good thing these boats hold their values... This will be better than the stock market...
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note I'm lovin' it!! Note
KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw Bill -

The 22 looks great right now fer me. Maybe for my 90th birthday... but then I've been known to change my mind.

Truth be known - I like the looks of the old cat, but it doesn't look family. No better running boat that I know of. Y'know, a pair of the new 150s would give her at least a 40 knot cruise... and those new 135/150 guys are fuel misers. Think I'll go to Fairbanks and visit Mark for the SBS.

Tough to get a cat right now, I'm told. Several already sold. Disgust Wonder of Cynthia would like it, hmmmmmm?

Dusty (droolin')
Cynthia - CLou

C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I win the lottery, there's a new Tomcat in it for Jonny-boy. This is one sweet looking yacht ! ! ! I could make the inside of this look real pretty. Oh well...

But, I hope to get a ride on Dusty's new Tomcat in the near future. (I'm sure he already is putting in his order for one - cause' we know Dusty... Maybe for his next birthday. Love Lips Love Sorry Les.)

This would be a fish killing machine - take her to Hawaii, Baja, or Kodiak, somewhere like that. Xmas Tongue

Bill & I have a wagger on this - Don't let me down Dusty! Love CLou

416rigby

C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Foggy Dew
Photos: Foggy Dew
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...in my eyes, this is one sweet rig. I agree with the others in that the TC24 wasn't a bad looking boat, its lines just didn't fit in the family. Now if Alaska would just start a lottery...because that's the only way Rick is getting one of these!

At last...home for good in the Great Northwest!

2001 22 Cruiser "Foggy Dew" 2006-2013
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: The only question... Reply with quote

The only question I have right now is....

Will it come with a BARBER CHAIR?

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that it will have the reversable seat just like the TC24 and the CD25. I wonder if it will have a dash?

hmmm-- Can't use the hoist where we store the 22', too heavy. $150 a month for a slip in the water, allready checked. hmmm

Gift Birthday coming up Gift
Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odds speak heavily for Dusty to "try" the new Tomcat on for size & fit. C-Dory has really done a number on the new design and it does fold the Tomcat nicely into the traditional appealing look of the C-Dory family.

Les has done a great job of describing the Tomcat on the "eqmarine.com" site. His description is almost like a ride in the "Cat".

Dusty, nice thought, you coming up to visit but sounds like smoke to me.
Willd horses couldn't drag you away from the SBS/CBC. Come up in the summer when the water isn't so hard!

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to see a line drawing or a topo shot. A big benefit in the Cat is the room gained on both front and back (much more so on the front) by not having to yield/loose room/space to the "round" or pointed front of a mono-hull. I know I had shared as other TomCat owners the possibility of a pilot house square front rather than the current slanted windows to gain even more room, and allow for an electronics shelf above the helm and "co-pilot's" seat. But, this from a guy who loved the old square, "traditional" 240 series Volvo that I drove for 20 years too.. the land version of a C-Dory if you will. Looking forward to the factory visit during the show. Byrdman
drjohn71a

City/Region: Wichita
State or Province: KS
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Tom-a-Hawk
Photos: Tom-a-Hawk
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC25 Info.... Hey all....that is so exciting. My understanding is that the new TomCat got over the hp/wt limitation hurdle by lengthening the waterline and using the outboard extensions, which, I was told at one time, would likely be designed to increase flotation also. The V-Tech option gives the Honda 150 hp the light weight and economy of a 135 hp until you goose it...then it becomes a 150hp performer. As such, I would expect most new owners would want the 150 vtech option.

Re: dash, etc., I was told the inside cabin would be a very close duplicate of the 25 ft C-Dory, dash and all. The large athwartship forward berth would be an exception. The cockpit is to have tremendous usable space due to ehe uninterrupted, straight aft rail.

At one time, I was told the anticipated price of the boat alone would come around 15% over the TC24 price - about $58-60,000 assuming some basic options. Fully loaded with electronics, trailer and options - $80,000 to 96,000. Of course, alot of unexpected production surprises are prob included...lol...

John

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: