The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/10 - 09/12 - Guttenberg, Iowa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Upper Mississippi is one of the fine cruises in America. Holding a Gathering at Guttenberg, Iowa is a marvelous idea. It would focus attention on the Mississippi and give folks with access and an interest in the River a chance to meet and share experiences and friendship.

For those contemplating attending such a Gathering, we would suggest a perusal of the following threads about cruising the Upper Mississippi:

http://cruisingamerica-halcyondays.com/towns.htm - This is a tale about the history of towns along the Upper Mississippi.

http://cruisingamerica-halcyondays.com/missgeo.htm - And this is a tale of the geology that is the reason for the Mississippi River.

http://cruisingamerica-halcyondays.com/mwgath.htm - and this is an account of the First MidWest C-Dory Gathering. A little history.

Keep up the idea of another Mississippi Gathering - it will be a great shared time together in a wonderful part of the country.

Joni Lynn

City/Region: Guttenberg
State or Province: IA
Vessel Name: Joni Lynn
Photos: Joni Lynn
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El & Bill,
It sure is fun looking over the pics again. Joni & I think of you two often and continue to follow your travels via this site. Maybe we'll see you in Guttenberg? I'm sure there are parts of the Miss. that you'd love to revisit. And we Cheeseheads are still serving Leinenkugel's !
Paul & Joni
Connie Fisher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paul & Joni aboard the Joni Lynn,

Thank you for your input.

For the record; The Guttenberg C-Brat gathering will definitely happen in 2010.

I have made a presentation to the Guttenberg City Manager today and will meet with the Guttenberg Development and Tourism members (GD&T) next week.

We will be discussing the 2010 plans for the city and will coordinate our gathering accordingly.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Stay tuned.

Ron, Connie & Bear Fisher
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: C-Dory gathering in Guttenberg, Iowa? Reply with quote

Well, I may be biased, but in my humble opinion good beer is almost always involved!

Connie Fisher wrote:

We do not have a clue how these events work.

We would like member’s input on what should be considered, what is involved, what makes a memorable gathering and any other thoughts or ideas.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but Leine's doesn't qualify - any brewery that mixes beer and lemonade CANNOT be taken seriously! If we attend (not a high probability at this point, but who knows?), we'll bring some Snoqualmie so you Cheeseheads can taste NW beer brewed by Cheesehead Rande Reed!

Joni Lynn wrote:
El & Bill,
And we Cheeseheads are still serving Leinenkugel's !
Paul & Joni
Joni Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy Daydream !

"XX when we attend, we'll bring some Snoqualmie so you Cheeseheads can taste NW beer brewed by Cheesehead Rande Reed!"

Did I read that right? You'll provide us with the opportunity to sample your NW beer? I"m looking forward to it ! I would be willing to forgo my Leine's for that opportunity.

Paul aboard the Joni Lynn
Connie Fisher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Guttenberg, Iowa 2010 C-Dory gathering Reply with quote

The Guttenberg C-Dory Gathering is going to take place either May 21 & 22 or September 10 & 11, 2010.

These dates popped out when reviewing “The Landing at 615” reservation openings for 2010 (see www.thelanding615.com).

I meet with the Guttenberg Development and Tourism folks next Wednesday to start the process and get the gathering on their calendar of events for 2010.

LET’S VOTE; I’m trying to get some idea of how many might attend and which date would work out best.

Please, vote and share any ideas.

Let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Connie, Ron & Bear Fisher
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And back atcha, Joni Lynn! Actually I would love to attend, but not real likely that we will. But if we do, there will definitely be a case of Snoqualmie coming your way. Our brewer, Rande Reed, started his career at Sprecher's. If we could figure out a way to get some beer to your event (like we did for Marc at Wefings in Florida), it would be my pleasure.

Joni Lynn wrote:
Ahoy Daydream !

"XX when we attend, we'll bring some Snoqualmie so you Cheeseheads can taste NW beer brewed by Cheesehead Rande Reed!"

Did I read that right? You'll provide us with the opportunity to sample your NW beer? I"m looking forward to it ! I would be willing to forgo my Leine's for that opportunity.

toyman

City/Region: Lake Livingston
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Fan-C-Dory
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it May, or Sept ?
In East Texas
Joni Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
The last I heard it was set for Sept. 10 & 11. There was also another thread going on at the same time in the General Chat Forum where it was decided that Sep was a good time. Hope to see you there !

toyman

City/Region: Lake Livingston
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Fan-C-Dory
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul, I found it.

We're still trying to figure out next summers plans. Kinda, sortta thinking Rainy Lake and/or Lake of the Woods, and maybe Isle Royal. Who knows, this is the "Dream Time".
sportner

City/Region: Buckeye
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Model: 26 Osprey
Vessel Name: Glory Days
Photos: Traveler
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

September is a long way off but Toni and I are talking of land cruising in that direction at that time and if it worked out we would be proud to represent the State of Washington at your gathering. Sounds like a fun and interesting part of the country. Is it a cruise, a gathering, or a combination?
Connie Fisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: September 10 &11 Guttenberg, Iowa Gathering Reply with quote

Hello again,

Yes, the Guttenberg, C-Dory Gathering will be on Friday evening, September 10 and Saturday September 11.

We figure that people may show up earlier and some will stay later, since this is a wonderful time of year to be in Guttenberg and on the Mississippi River.

Friday evening, is get aquatinted/visit, we will furnish a bonfire, popcorn, marshmallows, coffee/tea, otherwise BYOB, at our house at 910 South River park Drive (guttenbergbedandbath.com).

The individuals that show up Friday evening, can discuss the activities for Saturday.

Saturday evening is a potluck/Bar-B-Q (we will furnish meat and a side dish, coffee/tea), otherwise get aquatinted/visit, bonfire same as the night before, BYOB.

Sunday, September, 12th is the St. Mary's Fall Festival, Polka Mass (fun), crafts, lunch at the church, all around a great day in Guttenberg.

NOTE: Accommodations in Guttenberg are limited, we strongly suggest reservations be made now (yes, nine months advance) at “The Landing” (563) 252-1615 (www.thelanding615.com), this is where the boats will be docked (as available).

Since we have never been to a gathering, be advised, we are making this up as we go.

See guttenbergbedandbath.com, enjoy both slide shows, get a glimpse of R-Dory, Guttenberg, Connie and Bear.

Best regards,

Ron, Connie & Bear Fisher
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we need to add this one to the calendar. Should we link to this thread or the other one as the official discussion?
Connie Fisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Guttenberg, C-Dory Gathering, September 10 & 11, 2010 Reply with quote

Hello Mike,

Yes, I/we need your advice and direction here. Being new to this site or similar, I did make the mistake of starting two threads for which I do apologise to the group, won't happen again.

Seems logical that both threads be combined.

Yes, please add to the “official Calendar”.

Thank you for your oversight (and patience).

Regards,

Ron Fisher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: