The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

King Marine Canvas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My multiple experiences with King Marine mirror Robbi's. I'm still satisfied years after Dave and his team's attentive work.

In 1995 I bought a full canvas cover that drops below the blue hull trim. I did need to assert that was important to me, as Dave thought a little differently. I've found it's necessary to do my homework, know what I want, listen, but stay true to what I desire.

Point is, that cover, and the five other paterns, still fit like new, the original snaps are snug, there are no tears, tears, leaks or loose threads, and Bambina smiles knowing she's so well dressed. I don't use a hand snap tool, but Robbi's comment about sequence is fitting. Too, Vaseline and Q-Tips keeps swivels and snaps happy together for years. And when two 20 year old rivets broke, Dave and Seda fixed them for free a few days later.
Big Mac

City/Region: Chehalis
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Mary Ellen
Photos: Mary Ellen
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Bimini for the Mary Ellen Reply with quote

I also had a bimini with stainless frames made for the Mary Ellen several years ago. I ordered directley from Dave and he installed it at the Auburn Factory. The fit and finish are great. He also made me a sunbrella cover for the v-birth hatch which is very nice for sleeping. I have sunbrella window covers and the stick on velcro needed to be relaced in a couple of places and I called and it was sent in a timely manner. I have been very pleased with all products and service.
GOYO

City/Region: Bonney Lake
Photos: GOYO
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was disappointed with the interest level from several canvas companies
when I wanted window covers for GOYO, and also with the quotes. I did
make them myself and was surprised how easy it was. I ordered the material to match the interior from sunbrella central in florida (65.00)
I went to local craft store and bought the edging (5.00). I made templates
with butcher paper (5.00), I still have the templates if anyone needs them.
After I cut them out I took the material and edging to the local shoe store. He sewed on the edging for 50.00. Installed snaps so that I could
remove a window frame screw and replace it with a snap base (25.00)
Project done looks identical to factory option curtains I saw. Done in 10
days including shipping material from florida to washington. When not in use I stack them, roll them, and put them in one of those folding chair bags. Stored on overhead shelf or on v berth shelf. Very Happy

jhwilson

City/Region: Mitchell County
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Placid C
Photos: Placid C
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we did finally receive the cabin curtains from King and got them installed, at least to be able to use them, yesterday. King failed to enclose the promised tool to install the snaps. That entailed a search in this very rural area. Finally found the tool at a small hardware store. The packaging was so old it was probably shipped on the Mayflower, but it worked fine.

The quality of the curtains are good, not perfect but better than I could have done.

We are on the road to the Erie Canal spending last night in Roanoke, Va.

Harper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: