The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Rent A Friend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Rent A Friend Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm not sure what all a donation to the c-Brat site entitles one to, but I used the rent a friend subject line for the Brats who might be a little left of center who otherwise might be friendless or need someone to say your soooooo right. Seriously, a wonderful site filled with almost all wonderful people. Ya gotta give it to me there are a couple eight balls out there. I mean the photo albums, the private messagee thing is great in its self. It allows self expression without having to give up your friends. This can't all happen for free folks. Instead of cash for clunkers it's cash to be able to state you otherwise worthless opinion. Give it up for DaNag And TyBoo.
D.D
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Rent A Friend Reply with quote

dave deem wrote:
I'm not sure what all a donation to the c-Brat site entitles one to...

Yo, TyBoo - your turn in the barrel. Shocked

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
for the Brats who might be a little left of center who otherwise might be friendless

I am right of center and I think you very well maybe off center. Only rule is to be nice and you just broke it.

Quote:
to be able to state you otherwise worthless opinion.

Well it look's like you just did. I always look forward to meeting c-brats on the water, but I think I will pass on your company.

Tyboo, Da nag, thank you again for letting me voice my other wise useless ideas. very nice of you to do all the work so we have a common place to talk and express our other wise worthless Ideas.

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...need someone to say your soooooo right ... a wonderful site filled with almost all wonderful people ... a couple eight balls out there ... the photo albums ... the private messagee thing ... self expression without having to give up your friends ... to be able to state you otherwise worthless opinion.

It entitles you to all that and more, but most importantly the acknowlegement that there is no such thing as a truly worthless opinion, otherwise or anywise.

Thank you, D.D. - I think we'll send you a post card and help out the USPS at the same time.

Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Rent A Friend Reply with quote

Tom,
It was supposed to be funny and to try a bring attention to supporting the site by donating. Sorry if you were offended.
D.D.
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Rent A Friend Reply with quote

dave deem wrote:
Tom,
It was supposed to be funny and to try a bring attention to supporting the site by donating. Sorry if you were offended.
D.D.

I sure took it as such...but then again, I laugh at pretty much everything. Serious is boring.
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't met Dave before, but I could tell that was tongue in cheek; I've enjoyed his posts here. I have met Tom, and he is truly one helluva guy... gave us our first C-Dory ride, pretty much did the closing for the sale, too.

If I am ever in the company of both of these guys, it would be my pleasure to buy them both a drink and let them find out HOW MUCH THEY HAVE IN COMMON. Mr. Green

Bill and Mike, I've been traveling and haven't received a statement for my donations due here... how far behind am I?

I've met a bunch of these C-Brat folks, and I think they're all about a half bubble off center. Ain't it great?!! Thumbs Up Cool Very Happy

Best wishes,
Jim B (and that rhymes with T... and we got Trouble...)

Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
I had no problem seeing the humor of your post....then again I get a lot of feedback on some of my post by those who have a problem with reading comprehension.

Being on the left of center...is a good thing in this case.

Thank you for your worthless openion...it goes very well with the toungue in cheek dose of humor.

I moved out of a town that the welcome sign read ....town name...pop.10,233 happy people and one shorehead. The sorehead still lives there I am sure.

Dave said:
Quote:
Seriously, a wonderful site filled with almost all wonderful people.

You hit the nail on the head...with that one line.

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon wrote:
I moved out of a town that the welcome sign read ....town name...pop.10,233 happy people and one shorehead. The sorehead still lives there I am sure.

Of course, he moved into a city that the sign now says, "Naples - 315,839 happy people and one big ol' pain in the butt."

Wink (That's a "winkie", 'cuz I'm just kidding... Mike may be a big ol' pain in the butt, but he isn't the only one in that city)

Your pal,
Jim
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think of Dave as the C Brat's "Unknown Comic" as seen on the Gong Show..........Except with a 23 Venture over his head instead of a paper bag........
Marc

dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK Dave. I know "where you're coming from" literally, if not figureatively. When I moved out to Washington State from NJ about seven years ago, I couldn't get over how nice people were. I remember going to Sharis restaurant with my son. The waitress was so friendly that I whispered to my son, "I think she really likes me" . He gently explained to me that I was 2800 miles west of Trenton. Then he told me I could no longer borrow his ladder.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotnmarty wrote:
It's OK Dave. I know "where you're coming from" literally, if not figureatively. When I moved out to Washington State from NJ about seven years ago, I couldn't get over how nice people were. I remember going to Sharis restaurant with my son. The waitress was so friendly that I whispered to my son, "I think she really likes me" . He gently explained to me that I was 2800 miles west of Trenton. Then he told me I could no longer borrow his ladder.

Marty, I never realized how affable the folks here on the west coast are until I took a job in St Louis my first year out of college. We lived in a nice brick neighborhood in St Charles (Fox Hill area), and were stunned to find that we were shunned. No one would speak to us. I wrote that off as "they must of heard about me before I arrived", but learned from another McDonnell Douglas employee that they treated every newbie like that. The rule was that you had to live in the neighborhood five years before you were no longer an outsider.

I was also told that it was against the law to go barefoot there. Rumor was that it sucked so bad that you got hickeys on the bottom of your feet.

Actually, it was beautiful country, but the folks were not particularly open to newcomers, and I missed the wide open public lands of the west.

I am on the left coast to stay!

dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't think I don't like NJ. It's just that there and here (here and there?) are, well, different. That's the real beauty of the C-Brats. We're all different in lots of ways, but for the most part we can get along and help and genuinely like each other, simply by following our rule. We are, after all, all in the same boat.

MartyP
Bess-C

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Bess-C
Photos: Bess-C
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom's just having a bad day. He's often offensive, but seldom offended (just kidding Tom). Must have heard that real estate has just bottomed out at the same price levels as spring of '03.
Lyle

17 Center Console C-Dory 10/16
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey if you were kidding you were kidding but I just did not read it that way the first time around, or the second and third. I just could not tolerate a attack on tyboo or Da nag for providing us with this wonderfull site. Had you said off center instead of left of center I would not have gone off like I did. I mean its hard enough for democrate's to make friends as it is with out pointing it out to them. Wink Can you imagine being a dem lawyer right now ( hi pat) if it was not for beer they would have no friends at all. Laughing

I like good humor more then most but just did not see it with some of the commits you made and being 30 plus people had viewed it before me with out commit I doubt I was the only one that did not get it, but as you said you were just joking. so have a nice day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: