The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

22 Cruiser in Port Townsend--New motors--$24,000

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjackson

City/Region: Port Townsend
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: 22 Cruiser in Port Townsend--New motors--$24,000 Reply with quote

Because a somewhat complicated business deal fell through, I once again have the "former Nancy H" for sale.

You can view the former Nancy H in the galleries by that name. She's a two-owner boat that has proven her mettle on at least two trips to Alaska and lots of cruising in the Northwest. While the boat started life as a standard 22’ cruiser, the former owner did a wonderful job of outfitting her with his touches: there is a lot of additional storage space nearly everywhere; the forward bulkheads are insulated for comfort and noise reduction; she has a complete set of side curtains for the interior; and there is a hardtop that extends over the cockpit and supports a solar panel that charges both the battery for house power as well as the cranking battery. This hardtop comes with side curtains as well. They keep the wind and rain out of the cockpit while you’re anchored as well as provide privacy. Another feature not found on stock C-Dories is the exterior chain locker, keeping the rode out of the sleeping space and enlarging that space.

The former owner also added an anchor light, VHF radio and fore-and-aft anchors. The cabin is heated by a Force propane heater. There is no other stove, but there is an ice chest under the skipper’s seat. The boat also has two custom fuel tanks and a fuel-water separator.

We bought the boat two years ago and replaced the motors with a 90-hp Suzuki main and 15-hp, electric start kicker. Both motors have less than 30 hours total use (but that will be increasing as I fish her). They have been recently serviced with all filters and liquids changed. To replace the motors would cost over $10,000. I’ve also added a Humminbird depthfinder with GPS function that lets you chart your trip. You can add a chip to the Humminbird and get bathymetric charts.

I believe the six-year warranty is transferable (I've yet to check this). I may also throw in a pair of Cannon electric downriggers, one of which needs service.

The trailer is the original Pacific bunk designed for the 22 Cruiser. It’s galvanized, and the previous owner had the bunks replaced at the factory. Since the boat spent most of its life dry in a covered marina or on the water, the trailer hasn’t seen much use either.

The reduced price is non-dicker, but I may be interested in a smaller boat in partial trade, such as a 16 C-Dory or smaller Arima or Glasply. I’m also open to keeping the kicker motor.
akroyd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Nancy H Reply with quote

A PM has been sent to you expressing interest in this boat.
kjackson

City/Region: Port Townsend
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1991
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boat is sold...again.

Thanks for your interest.
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Exterior Chain Locker Reply with quote

Hi,

It sounds like someone got a nice boat...

Any chance you have a photo of the exterior chain locker. That sounds like a good idea. If not, would the new owner be willing to provide some photos...?

Steve

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: