The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2004 Seattle Boat Show and C-Brat Convention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here made reservations at the Larkspur yet.
I have tried to make reservations but I was told again today that there was no C-Brat special fare. Cry I am wondering what any of you have come up with

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the stiuation. The outfit that owns the Larkspur and the Hilton is under new management or something like that, and Chivita Dave no longer is associated with them. I think they made his life miserable so he quit 'em to become a boat bum. So, the amazing deal Dave provided us last year isn't going to happen this year.

First, let me say I am not surprised. I can't see how Chivita managed to pull it off once, let alone a repeat. All of us who were there last year are still very grateful to his whole family for the amount of effort they gave to make us feel welcome and ensure that everything worked out so well. There is no way we could rightfully have expected so gracious a host. Thank you again, Dave, Sylvia and the boys, for letting us be like family for that weekend. It was a spectacular highlight in the life of the C-Brats!

Anyhow, now we have to figure out what to do this time around. I have no problem whining and begging the C-Dory folks to contribute to the Saturday night convention, but there should be some plan in place for them to contribute to. It looked to most of us like last year's event just "happened", but there was a lot of effort put into it by Dave and his staff.

Any ideas?

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could all stay at Brock's house.
jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought... The Official Hotel of the Seattle Boat Show is the Crowne Plaza Hotel.. I understand they have a special rate, and free shuttles to the show and such. There is a link on the SBS website. It would be nice to make sure we might be all staying either with other C-Dory folks, or in the same hotel. Either way we need to make a move on this so we don't lose out on availability. Any other ideas?
Jim

2004 C-Dory Skiff- Little Poit Dhubh
2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser -sold 2103
2002- C-Dory 22 Cruiser- Sold 2005
Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distressing to hear that Chivita Dave is no longer with the Larkspur/Hilton. Hopefully he left on his terms. He certainly was as Mike said, a gracious host for the C-Brats as well as being a first class stand up guy. I'm more concerned about Dave and his family than I am about finding an alternative place to stay.

For what it is worth Jim suggested the Crown Plaza. This of course is right downtown and although they offer a shuttle to the SBS, it is any easy walk (even for an old duffer like me). The SBS rate is 82.00 per, single or double occupancy,
12.00 a day for parking, 20% off coupons at the resturant, complimentary shuttle, deadline for reservation 12/31/03.

I don't suppose they have kitchens and I suspect it would be tough to find a room (affordable) with accomodations for a group get-together with the ambiance and amenities we had at the Larkspur. That will be sorely missed.

TyBoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fret too much for Dave. Last I heard he was on a three month boat break! We do, however, have to keep bugging him to make sure he shows up for whatever gets arranged for the SBSCBC. Last year, the poor guy was running around doing the dishes and stuff instead of enjoying himself. This year, I want to get his damn beer for him!
Chivita

City/Region: Hansville
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Chivita
Photos: Chivita
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind thoughts and words, it is true that I am no longer running the Larkspur/Hilton and that my sanity has returned to a somewhat normal level! After reading about the problems people were having making reservations I called and straightened out the $49.00 C-Brat rate, it is still in effect at the Larkspur. If you have any problems making a reservation, ask for the Front Office Manager - Danielle. She really knows her stuff and should take care of it for you. The Hilton portion last year was a freebie, they will want to charge the group this time if you are interested in meeting there again, but I don't think they would be too unreasonable. Let me know if you want me to call the Hilton and find out.
Chivita Dave
jimandlaurie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave,
Thanks for going to the mat for us on that with the Larkspur. Heck forget the Crowne plaza Folks ,if we can make the Larkspur work, that sounds like the place. I will ask the Factory again today about helping us with a group thing at the Hilton.
Jim
jimandlaurie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I went to the Factory today and confirmed with Jill, the office manager, that indeed Scott says it is a go on doing the get-together Saturday night the 17th at the Hilton. She asked me to call, and I put a call in on both ,the rate for rooms and the info on the lounge area of the Hilton. Danielle told me that Bonnie could help us out ,but as of yet she hadn't put our room rate in the computer. Hopefully my call will urge some movement on that .
Chivita Dave if you have a better connection at the Hilton, by all means go ahead .If you can get the info, just forward it to Jill at C-Dory? Thanks for all your help!!
Jim
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too wish to thank Chivita Dave for all his hard work to make the gathering such a success last year. You really went all out for us!

Jim, for a moment there, I thought that we'd have to check on the C-Brat VYC reciprocity status at the Seattle Yacht Club for a place for our gathering. But I see that you seem to be putting it together. Thanks.

C-Brat #16
TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a great big thanks from me, Jim. I really ain't much good at this organizing stuff, and your help in this and all the things you have done for the group are very much noticed and appreciated. Yeah, you're cool.

Thanks also, once again, to Chivita Dave. Just as an example for all who didn't make it last year, let me tell you about the first time I met Dave. Kay and I had just pulled into the parking lot at the Larkspur late Friday evening for last year's event, and here comes this guy running across the parking lot flagging me down. He asks, "TyBoo?", and I say yes. He puts out his hand and says "I'm Dave. You're just in time to join the others for a trip into town for dinner." Then he runs off, we park, and by the time we got to the font door of the hotel, here he comes driving a big old shuttle bus to take the bunch of us to a local pub. He had to get back to work, but said to just call the hotel when we were ready to go back, and the van would be right there. Sure enough, it worked.

This year, he's not working, but I sure hope he brings his family to the SBSCBC.

See ya there, Dave and Jim!
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessir, ditto on the "thank yous." So, it is Friday the 16th at Brock's house and Saturday the 17th at the Hilton?

I had another thought, maybe a way for us to say thank you to the C-Dory factory folks - we could put together a big 4' x 5' collage of some of our "front page" and other shots showing exactly how much fun the C-Dory crowd is having...let them display it in their area, while doing a little recruiting for new Brats ourselves...
TyBoo wrote:
And a great big thanks from me, Jim.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:

I had another thought, maybe a way for us to say thank you to the C-Dory factory folks - we could put together a big 4' x 5' collage of some of our "front page" and other shots showing exactly how much fun the C-Dory crowd is having...let them display it in their area, while doing a little recruiting for new Brats ourselves...

Great idea, Pat - sounds like a good indoor winter project for RF... Laughing

I have access to large format, high resolution plotters, and could priint out the "winning" design(s). Can go 3' in one dimension, any length in the other.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg is definitely the guy - he seems pretty adroit with making those photo collages (Photoshop? Something else?). Redfox - can you take this on, get the collage file to Bill to print out on the plotter? I know you have great taste in photos - I'll be happy as long as "C-Dorys Running in the San Juans" is in there somewhere...Other nominations for photos to include? An Alaska shot or two would NOT offend anybody! I think a lot of smiling faces (Olympia, Blakely, Lopez, Sequim, wherever) would not be out of order either, C-Dorys are about good times with good folk!

Da Nag wrote:

Great idea, Pat - sounds like a good indoor winter project for RF... Laughing

I have access to large format, high resolution plotters, and could priint out the "winning" design(s). Can go 3' in one dimension, any length in the other.

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,
If you decide to take on this mission, you must include an Iceberg/C-Dory shot and one of your C-Dory pushing through the ice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: