The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

01/14/05-01/16/05 - Seattle Boat Show and C-Brat Convention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what an enjoyable weekend, it's great to see some old faces and match up some new faces with some names. The factory folks sure put on a good evening with some pretty durn nice door prizes.

Ray, the kid came up with his great idea Wendsday evening & I managed to get out of town without the shock collar, but, I did have to wear the ankle braclet. The thing worked, I recieved a mild shock of only 1500 volts whenever I thought expensive thoughts....thus....we still own a 22 footer.

Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, great weekend! Salmon Dinner, C-Dorys, great people. Oh and some might fine prizes!!! Many thanks to all of the C-Dory people for hosting the dinner and tours during their busiest week of the year! Add another "thank you" to Roger and his people for all of the arrangements!
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon - CLou wrote:
What a fun time I had. Roger, great job putting this thing together. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Scott, Jeff and all of the C-Dory staff, you guys and gals are a class act and so are your boats.

Ditto from me (one of the other Roger's). I was thinking last night that the evening was a little bit like what the car company Saturn did - e.g. bringing their "children" (car) back to the factory. Joyce and I had a good time with the other cult members...

Then I got to thinking about what could be another cool event sometime in the future (maybe at next year's boat show or the summer show).... we could actually do something like Saturn did... The owners who are local could bring their boats to a huge tailgater at or near the factory...or at or near the boat show. Given the number of cars in the C-Dory factory parking lot last night, we couldn't fit the boats there too - but the concept of a "mega-gathering"/picnic sounds cool to me. We could probably rent the whole parking lot near my office (2 blocks from the Boats Afloat show) for a Sat or Sun during the summer show.... just a wacky idea or a wacky idea with legs?

Roger on the SeaDNA.

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan james and i had a great time at the show and dinner. this year we were able to skip the boats and just look at all the other stuff that the boat needs and or wants. It was really good to meet many of you for the first time and put faces to names. i think the name tag idea really worked. I talked so much to some people that i never got the chance to even meet others. I was not expecting 100 + people. the factor crew was the best with the service they provided and making everyone feel at home. we hope to see many of you this summer and we plan to attended all the gatherings in the north west that we can. thanks again to the factory crew and roger.
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy and I got home late this afternoon and I must sit down and try to say some thank you's. I hope this won't be like the Golden Globes which is on the tube right now where someone cuts me off mid sentence with someone elses song.

We found some new things this year at the show and gathering along with the old. The new had a new "twang" that was brought in by airways from our countries SE corner, that in the form of Byrdman Pat and crew. Then there was the California group which included folks from the south slide ravaged ocean front cost (boat ride to catch a plane) to the upper end, above the bay area dividing line, of the bay area and wine country. We also had friends from the mid neighboring country of Canada who made the trip to attend. What a group indeed. All these were new and all were more enjoyable than a prized size fish just brought over the rail. Thank you one and all for making my owning a simple little boat such a special thing.

To our older friends, those of more than one gathering, it is always such a pleasure to get together and share what sometimes seems to be nothing more than a very fast Hello. The time on land is not as well paced as that on or at the water. If we did not swap all our stories then we shall have more to share in our next meeting which I look forward to.

To the crew at the factory, we pay you only a pittance for what we take away from our owning of these precious little boats. We could always buy bigger but may never buy better. Thank you for keeping it going. I hope I speak for all when I say "we'll try our best to keep up our end of the tradition".

This week-end we had new friends and new boats. We had old friends and old boats. The one thing we didn't have were no friends and no boats. With a C-Dory you always have friends. If you don't yet own a boat I'm sure you already own the dream. I did for several years and that too was wonderful.

Thank you all for the great trip both on and off the water,

Tim

C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who put in time and effort to bring this gathering to fruition. The only sad part was the leaving, wish we could have had more time. It was a great pleasure to be able to put faces to some of the many names, both personnel and boats, that we have come to recognize on the internet.

The trip home wasn't quit as interesting as the trip out. The road between Santa Barbara and Ventura is now open, a little worse for wear- but open.

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only picture I took was with Pat's camera. But it was a very historic photo op! So, if he feels up to sharing it, you will be able to find it here.

I will probably have something to say about this fine affair before too long, but I will need to catch my breath first.

Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, once again (happened two years ago) Pat and I got our wives (Kate and Patti) to go to the boat show "just to look". The last time in 2003 we both ended up buying our first C-Dorys. Jim and Laurie bought on too. The show floor model.
Well we really shined this time. All three of us sat down together and each bought a 25.

So spread the word. Those all to often, not to be found, barely used, 22 cruisers are now available for a short time. We will ship at your expense. Pictures are readily available and if you need a specific picture that is not on one of our the boat albums , just ask. Digital cameras are great.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Leigh wrote:
Well, once again (happened two years ago) Pat and I got our wives (Kate and Patti) to go to the boat show "just to look". The last time in 2003 we both ended up buying our first C-Dorys. Jim and Laurie bought on too. The show floor model.
Well we really shined this time. All three of us sat down together and each bought a 25.

So spread the word. Those all to often, not to be found, barely used, 22 cruisers are now available for a short time. We will ship at your expense. Pictures are readily available and if you need a specific picture that is not on one of our the boat albums , just ask. Digital cameras are great.

One quick question for the three 22' --> 25' upgraders : How much of the decision was driven by the desire to have a full size head?... The "facilities" seem to be more important when the wife is along and somehow I get the sense that a bigger boat is often tied to improved facilities. Any excuse to get a bigger boat...

Roger on the SeaDNA.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, everybody probably has their own thoughts. We LOVE our 22 and I had NO thoughts going into the Boat Show that we were going to move to a 25 - but I have NO "buyer's remorse," I am still floating on air!

I know Kate on Anna Leigh wanted a 25 from the start, I don't know all their reasons, I'm sure the head was important but they also wanted more room for grandkids and just generally...

For us, it was the whole combination, more elbow room, the ability to seat four adults in the cabin, more storage, the hot water, the head and shower, the Norcold, shore power, and so forth - all of these add up to the ability to be just a little more comfortable on those trips that are more extended than overnight - and we are certainly planning more extended trips. The boat show package including especially the Wallas, the windlass and the Norcold in the package price just sealed the deal - when Patty is crawling through the boat and then comes out and says "Well, let's just go over and see what the deal is," I pretty much know we are about to buy a boat!

rogerbum wrote:

One quick question for the three 22' --> 25' upgraders : How much of the decision was driven by the desire to have a full size head?... The "facilities" seem to be more important when the wife is along and somehow I get the sense that a bigger boat is often tied to improved facilities. Any excuse to get a bigger boat...

Roger on the SeaDNA.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, got home last night about midnight after my 4-day trip to the Seattle Boat Show and C-Dory Factory gathering/dinner. AWESOME.....but only better can only describe my trip back northwest to the geographic region of the origin of the C-Dory boats, family, and lineage. What a wonderful group of people to be associated with and be a part of. Each owner, future owner, employee and staff members were truly warm and friendly. It felt as if I had known each of you for years. I do look forward to other follow on trips and truly hope to return some of the “Southern-Hospitality” shown me and my family members during out trip. Please allow me to provide an open invitation to each of you to the southeast, Alabama/Tennessee areas. As my pattern of northwest activities show…. I do not yield nor am I hindered by a little distance, particularly if it has to do with boating…C-Dory boating more specifically. I do plan on taking up the offers to “come-on back” and enjoy the sights, the fishing, the travel and most importantly, the furthering of great friendships and good times. God put us on this earth to help each other and enjoy life…What better way, than on a C-Dory! Now, Ya’ll get out your “things to do in the spring” check list, put down go to the C-Dory gathering in Nashville/Mt. Juliet, TN starting on 2Apr05. Watch for those Southwest Airlines specials and come on over even if you can’t bring your boat. We will make it work.
Byrdman on FreeByrd in Bama
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all you folks who helped put on and came to the great get together in Seattle!

All of us continue to share in the spontaneous good will generated by the love of boating and the C-Dory experience. We are a magical crowd.

I went to get to know as many of you in person as possible, and was overwhelmed by the warm-hearted reception shared by everyone. We did ourselves proud. Thanks! Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought a great deal about what to say here, and I keep coming back to Robbi's words:
Quote:
Wahoo, What a time! There is not a nicer group of folks on this planet than the Brat Group. Period.
Don't know how I can say it any better.

I know it has been expressed, but again I want to thank the folks at C-Dory for all they did for us. It was a truly remarkable welcome. I think they were surprised at the participation, yet during their busiest time they made time for us.

Thanks also to all those who traveled so far just to be a part of this past weekend. Wonderful people, all.

And we've all been thanking Roger over and over, but it still isn't enough. Besides, Lisbeth gets a whole bunch of the credit! It is the little things that mean so much that she makes happen. Like the special C-Brat hats they had made for the folks from the greatest distance away. What a thoughtful thing to do. Thank you both!

And folks like David, who offered to give away the six or so fish clubs he had. I don't know how much time he spent making the things after he posted the offer, but he provided one for all who asked, and it was a good deal more than six. I can thank him for the one he gave me, but how do you thank someone for doing something for so many in the group - most of whom he hadn't even met?

These are the kind of things that bring Robbi (who I think is pretty neat herself) to say what she said.

It is amazing to me that the most memorable event we do as a boating group happens completely without any of us bringing our boats. (Well, a couple members had boats in the show display again this year!) Usually, after an event is over, I zap the signup list and the entry in the Upcoming Events box. This one wasn't easy to erase. I read over the list again. It was the longest signup list we have had yet with 40 entries, and it was also the shortest list when viewed in light of who participated without signing up. Someone said there were one hundred people at the C-Dory plant. I don't think they all showed up just for a boat show - it was something pretty special.

As for me, the best part was meeting so many new friends and seeing so many old friends.

Thank you all for being there, and thanks to every member of C-Brats for making this group something that inspires the type of comments we get.

Mike
Redƒox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Injun RedFox not there... Reply with quote

Cry
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Well Said RedFox.... we missed you too Brother.
Byrdman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: