The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Dory Sales and Service Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan365

City/Region: Port Orchard
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: C-Dory Sales and Service Experience Reply with quote

Hi, This note is long overdue but better late than never.

I purchased my 22 Cruiser directly from the factory in mid August from Scott Mathews. During the many visits I made to pester the staff there, I had multiple conversations with Jeff and also increased Jill's workload in the office. I also took Rick away from his work several times to ask questions - he was always willing and eager to educate me on details and operations.

I will be the first to admit that I'm a pretty tough customer.

Monday morning I dropped off my boat to have the engines serviced and some minor warranty items resolved. Buck met me Monday morning ready to take the boat and documented all my concerns. He also met me today to go over all the items to ensure my satisfaction. I also had the pleasure of seeing Jeff again and Scott helped me with some last minute questions and also helped me get hooked up for the travel home.

I just want to compliment the entire staff at C-Dory for their clear desire to make and keep me a happy customer. I've missed some names but everyone I have come into contact there has been awesome. You are all top notch - I would not hesitate to purchase another boat from you and will be happy to have you service my boat as needed. In a few years - we'll be talking about a trade on a new CD-25.

Not only do I have the pleasure of dealing with a staff like yours - I get to own a C-Dory.

Thank you for a very positive experience.

Best regards,

Dan Sweet & family
Port Orchard, WA
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these kudos make us right coasters want to live on the left coast. Wish they'd open a plant here and start making more of them. Never have heard anything but good stuff!

Well Done Jeff and the rest of the staff.. Smile Smile

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I'm really happy you're so delighted with your boat and the factory.
dan365

City/Region: Port Orchard
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes Brock - and I'd say they should put you on the payroll. That conversation with you in the yard that day played well into my decision to purchase. Are you sure you just wandered by??? Seems a little too convenient...

Dan
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got great service. I got my boat from Less at EQ the end of August and spent the next 2.5 weeks cruising the Islands. There where a couple of things that needed fixing and I arranged to drop by the factory on the way home.
I got there the evening before I said I would be there. They took the boat and did the work even though it was quiting time. The boat was ready at 8am the next morning. Before leaving they washed the 2weeks of dirt off the boat.
Great service!
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're late too with saying THANK YOU to the C-Dory crew at the Kent plant. We're more than pleased with the attention and care that they gave our boat three weeks ago Very Happy Very Happy Plus it was ready when they said it would be....really hard to find that kind of service anymore Thumbs Up

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have certainly been happy with both the purchase experience and our service - right up until the last time, and that was really a couple of minor issues. I didn't even mention them to C-Dory at the time, but just in case Jeff Messmer is reading, I think he would be interested.

Item one. Our boat, Daydream, is one of those boats with the bilge pump located under a step in the cabin door. To access it to clean the screen, we had to remove four screws that were edge screwed into plywood - a real PITA. Later they started installing a hinged door in the step, so you could just flip it up to clean the screen. They told me several times to bring the step in and they would install the hinged door. When we went in for our 200 hour service, I asked them to install the hinged door, but they charged me for it. Everyone acknowledged that this was a design problem in the first place, and it would have been good for my perception of C-Dory to fix it without charge.

Item two. This one will get fixed, and I hope I don't get charged...I asked for them to install a rear bilge pump, which they did (not complaining about the cost of that at all). The way they wired it, however, it does not work in harmony with the center bilge pump - to make the center bilge pump work at all (it is the annoying cycle on - cycle off type), the switch on the electrical panel has to be ON. The rear bilge pump is automatic with a float switch - but the way it is wired, if I turn the switch at the helm ON, it overrides the float switch and the rear bilge pump runs continuously. If I turn the switch OFF, the rear pump works automatically but the center one doesn't work at all. So I can basically have one or the other working automatically, but not both at the same time...

But like I say, we have generally been very happy. I have read horror stories with problems with other boats, and I KNOW how good we have it with C-Dory!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: