The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Kicker Options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbadmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Kicker Options Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

The remote kicker isn’t a bad idea but do remember since you can operate all the kicker functions from the helm you must operate all the kicker functions from the helm. Going with remote on your kicker means you’ve opted out of being able to control the kicker from the cockpit (speed or direction). Of course you could get past that with a Troll-Master in the cockpit and an autopilot with a remote control.

Good point Les, but I think it may be possible to have the best of both worlds...some of the following I've done, some is theory, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. Feel free to shoot holes in it... ;)

The TrollMaster comes with an extra long wire - on my 19, there's plenty enough to take it to the cockpit. This gets you throttle control in both places.

Using a quick disconnect tie bar like the Cabelas model, combined with a custom tiller handle like Mike made, would get you steering from both places.

For safety's sake if contemplating the above, I'm assuming it would be pretty easy have two kill switches, one at the helm, one on or near the kicker.

Any reason the above wouldn't work? Seems to me, having controls in both places would be pretty slick, and wouldn't cost much more than a remote setup.

Bill

Les & Bill,

Comments noted and appreciated. I see advantages and disadvantages of remote vs the plain vanilla. Full control from both the helm and cockpit would obviously be the ideal, but as in most areas, comprimises and choices have to be made. As you noted the Troll-Master gives a pretty good comprimise and actually does bring a more precise throttle control to the party. I'm gonna' spend a little more time thinking and "listening " on this one.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: