The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Fuel Filters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug in Williiamsburg

City/Region: Williamsburg
State or Province: VA
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Fuel Filters Reply with quote

Hello to all. I am new to this forum and interested in buying a new Ranger Tug 25. The model I have seen came with the Cummins 150 hp engine. It is a beautiful boat and would meet all my needs, but I am concerned about the accessibility of the fuel filters.

Am I correct that the access to the primary fuel filter is via the access hatch from inside the cabin? There did not seem to be much space to work in. I do not know whether the Cummins 150 has used up access space which was there with smaller engines. Has anyone experience with this? My concern is complicated by the fact that I have some arthritis in my hands. Any advice from lucky owners would be appreciated.
Ron Cowan

City/Region: Athens
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Elk-Tenn
Photos: Elk-Tenn
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug, This is a great site with people that have knowledge and advice on C-Dorys and Ranger tugs. If you tab down on the left of the home page you will find a link to The Tugnuts site which is a new site of Ranger Tug owners. Someone may have covered the filter location but I am sure you can get good info. if it has not been covered.
Both are great sites for info. and I currently use both since I have a 21' Ranger for sale and just got a '85 Classic C-Dory.
Good luck and you will love the tug.
Ron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: