The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New tow vehicle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: New tow vehicle Reply with quote

Well, I finally solved my phobia of going to Washington to attend functions and buying a vehicle like Tyboo...... I got a Nissan Titan. Love it so far and really look forward to towing Sea Lion with it soon.
I'll report out when I have had some experience with it. I love the mirrors. Got the big tow package....

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey congratulations. Those Titans are really nice for towing a C-22. Is it color matched to Sea Lion? Ignore the sig below, it's only for Goat drivers. Mr. Green

You don't own a Duramax??? What a pity.

Brat #483
"Jenny B" 2005 C-22/F75 sold, Oct. 2008
"C-Brat" 1993 C-16 angler/50 hp
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, ya get a lot of truck for the buck with those, I oggled um over pretty good when I was looking to change tow rigs. The only thing I didn't like was that you have to feed them the premium gas....they may do just fine on regular however, after the warranty is up.....it should be a Sea Lion pullin machine.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - far out Ray!! See ya in Sequim next weekend??

I had me a 1967 Datsun pickup. Have they changed 'em much?

TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of giving me crap about Dodges (Goat drivers??)....The other day we got a large envelope in the mail with some cryptic message where the return address should be. Oddly, there was no postmark whatsoever on it, so it appeared as if someone had placed it in our mailbox. I was at work, and since it looked suspicious, Kay called the lawyer. (A lot of stuff going on, and a lot of weird things happening lately.) The lawyer told Kay not to open it and to bring it into the office at once. She (the lawyer) wanted to open it herself to avoid the possibility of someone claiming it was tainted by us. The contents were seemingly harmless (some Dodge key ring gizmo). Nevertheless - the lawyer said she was going to deliver it to the District Attorney. As far as I know, they are investigating its origin. So, if someone on here was pulling an innocent prank, sorry about the turmoil about to take over your life!
AK-Brando

City/Region: Palmer
State or Province: AK
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we go off on yet another tangent, I might as well add to it. Laughing

If you receive a suspicious package or letter in the mail, the first thing you should do is leave it alone! Call somebody that knows about disarming and/or checking for dangerous substances. Many package bombs are set to go off when opened or when tilted a certain way, often times with a timer as well. Just because the mail carrier put it in your mailbox, or you moved it before does NOT mean it is safe to move now!

Luckily I have not had to learn this from experience, but I have had training since I handle mail where I work.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it's worth at least that to somebody.

Brian
B~C

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't catch me handling any Dodge stuff, nope, scratch me of the list of suspects. Now if you where to recieve a smelly package of smelt in the mail come spring time that would be different Smile

That was a pretty wise move handing that package off to the lawyer.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good point, Brian, and I agree completely. However, in this instance both Kay and the lawyer suspected something more psychologically threatening than physically dangerous. The Post Office had no explanation for how it got through without a postmark, but it was delivered by the mail carrier.

The envelope contained a key fob with a Dodge Ram symbol on one side and the words "Get Torqued" on the other. I think it is a Dodge/Cummins promotion of some sort. The return address used the same words, but torqued was spelled with an unmistakiable "F" rather than a "T". (I am certain this was due to a slip of the pen and not intentional.)

The only people who I would suspect of sending such a thing all know what we have been going through the past several months, and would not have done it in that manner. Nevertheless, I called the prime suspect in another state, and although he didn't send it, he did say he had given my address to the guy who did.

It was actually pretty humorous, and not unlike something I would have done myself. My post above was just a gentle dig at the friend who sent it. There was no harm done, and none intended, so the whole thing turns out comical. (Unless my message to the lawyer's office wasn't received before the DA got hold of it!) I still haven't seen the thing, but when I do, I will come up with some sort of appropriate retribution. I am good at that - very good - so if any of this sounds familiar to anyone, beware!!

Tangent? Oh, yeah. So, Ray, how you liking that new rig by now?
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C wrote:

That was a pretty wise move handing that package off to the lawyer.

Hmmmm.......glad I'm not a lawyer..... Rolling Eyes

C-Brat #16
Mr. Fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TyBoo"]Hey - far out Ray!! See ya in Sequim next weekend??
quote]

I wish. I have to take my wife to a wedding. Between that and getting the truck I will be grounded for a while.

On the bright side Sturgeon will open Oct 1 Very Happy

I really need some float time. Gotta repair the boat from all that Tuna action in July first....

One of these days though I will make it up North. I sure am looking forward to it....
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:

The envelope contained a key fob with a Dodge Ram symbol on one side and the words "Get Torqued" on the other. I think it is a Dodge/Cummins promotion of some sort. The return address used the same words, but torqued was spelled with an unmistakiable "F" rather than a "T". (I am certain this was due to a slip of the pen and not intentional.)

Nevertheless, I called the prime suspect in another state, and although he didn't send it, he did say he had given my address to the guy who did.

It was actually pretty humorous, and not unlike something I would have done myself. My post above was just a gentle dig at the friend who sent it. There was no harm done, and none intended, so the whole thing turns out comical. (Unless my message to the lawyer's office wasn't received before the DA got hold of it!) I still haven't seen the thing, but when I do, I will come up with some sort of appropriate retribution. I am good at that - very good - so if any of this sounds familiar to anyone, beware!!

I would suspect that anyone careless enough to give your address out is already suffering. It sounds suspiciously like a conspiracy hatched in another state and executed in Oregon. As far as the fob, after replacing 3 transmissions in a previous Dodge Ram, I would say the misspelled version is a lot closer to their corporate attitude. Angry

Look on the bright side. You got some free postage out of the deal and you know your heart can handle blood pressure spikes. Heaven only knows you need that info if you keep driving Dodge trucks on I-5 and/or routinely run the Columbia bar.
B~C

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT, we have to pay extra for a freakin Titan update...what gives Mr F...how's that truck treating you?
I was reading in an auto industry trade rag the other day that Nissan is aiming to bring a diesel truck to the market in the U.S. in 06...there'll be a lot of used Dodges on the market Smile
Mr. Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Pay Extra? Reply with quote

Pay extra? Heck no, just pay normal... I get paid weakly you know, very weakly...
Anyway, I am hoping to get to tow my boat pretty soon. I think I remember how to start Sea Lion Rolling Eyes

I hear the crabbing is pretty good in Hammond and I might be able to find someone down there to turn me on to a Sturgeon spot or something....

Stay tuned....
Mr. Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: My boat shrunk! Reply with quote

My durn boat shrunk! I took it for a ride behind the new tow rig and it must have shrunk! I looked back in the mirrors (which were downright awsome) and there was my little boat back there. Before it looked rather big but from the Titan it just looked .... small.
There was a bit more presense than I expected but I do not anticipate any issues pulling Sea Lion with the new rig.
No, I do not have three-foot-itus..... No 25 in my future, thank you very much. I am pleased as punch with my hole in the water and I plan to keep throwing my hard earned money into her. Well the money left over after filling up the truck anyway Rolling Eyes .
I am going to have to go crabbing or island camping very soon. I have a midterm coming up and I will need a break after that Very Happy .
B~C

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midterm?....that's old school, grade based, academic bulimic model stuff, store a bunch of facts and spew them out at test time, purge and start over, retaining very little over the long term...In lieu of tests, I prefer to have students stuff cash in plain brown envelopes....it's more industry like.

Glad to hear that Nissan is a good tow machine, that thing is rated to tow about 7K aint it?....heck, you could tow a 25 footer..or..a Tomcat.

I hear the crabbing is good, I have a few boat projects to complete and we'll be digging out the crab pots
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: