The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

11/06 - Snohomish River Delta "Fall '04" Day Cruis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leo Smith

City/Region: West Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: Leo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi C-Brats,
Glad to see this river trip is becoming a C-Brat tradition. Still busy with the house project, so boating has been limited to a few short trips in the inflatable dinghy. Dave, it is a smart move to check on the tide levels this year. Those low bidges were a bit too close to the roof tops of our boats! I look forward to catching up with you guys sooner or later.
Best Regards, Leo.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Leo! Glad to see you're doing well and keeping your chair warm in the Pub. Best to you and your family.
Work Release

City/Region: Everett, Wa.
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Work Release
Photos: Work Release
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some information I just ran across.
I was just reading my Everett Salmon and Steelhead Club newsletter and it showing that there is a 2 day salmon derby in Everett put on by Everett Bayside Marine ( 425-259-3056) on the 6th and 7th of November. I am not sure of all the details but it may congest the 10th street boat launch a bit for the Snohomish Delta C-Dory Cruise. I'll get more details next week. Where were the folks planning on spending the Friday night?
Jim, Work Release
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work Release wrote:
there is a 2 day salmon derby in Everett put on by Everett Bayside Marine ( 425-259-3056) on the 6th and 7th of November. I am not sure of all the details but it may congest the 10th street boat launch a bit for the Snohomish Delta C-Dory Cruise. I'll get more details next week.

Thanks for the "heads up" on the derby, Jim. Since, I'm guessing you've been involved in derbys there before......I understand the ramps could be congested, but I would think there would be adequate parking available. (What do you think?) (Of course for anyone coming in and spending the night Friday night, it would be a "non-issue".

C-Brat #16
Work Release

City/Region: Everett, Wa.
Vessel Name: Work Release
Photos: Work Release
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
I got some information on the Bayside Fishing Derby. It is on the 6th and 7th and the fish weigh-in's are located at Everett Bayside Marine which will ease up the congestion at the 10th street boat launch Saturday. The derby fishing areas are restricted to 8.1, 8.2, and 9. and you can weigh'in Coho, blackmouth, and chum. I would guess that the 10th street boat launch will be pretty busy early Saturday morning but will ease up after the morning rush is over. Hope to see you there.
Jim , Work Release
DaveS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita Marie wrote:
Could we make this an overnight gig, maybe Friday night at Everett and then a cruise Saturday morning? If the river is running hard we could cruise over to Langley for the day or something else? Just wondering.

Fred

Fred, I like your idea of an "alternative cruise option" if the river is not conducive for the cruise. An added suggestion for a destination for the day would be Kingston. (I don't believe we've "blessed" that port with a pod of C-Dorys yet). They have a fairly nice marina there and it is located "in town", with some nearby pubs and the cruise is not far from Everett.
As to overnighting at Everett, the Saturday day trip is all that is going to work for "Sea Shift", but would certainly be a great idea for those that are able.

Last edited by DaveS on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaveS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Thanks for the update on the "derby action" out of Everett.
pugetsounder

City/Region: Edmonds
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Haileigh's Comet
Photos: Haileigh's Comet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred, Sorry but I guess we won't make it until Saturday morning. Don will be off work most of the week so won't be able to get off early enough on Friday to cruise anywhere. But we are looking forward to cruising with you all whereever the destination may be.
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it is time to ask, how crazy will the launchs be on the weekend of the gathering? I see that 5 boats have signed up so far. Is there anyone else staying Friday or Saturday nights.
My big concern is getting out of the water Sunday morning during the derby since I have to work Sunday afternoon.

Fred
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda & I are also planning to attend...depending on weather of course. What time do you'all plan to meet (& where?) on Saturday?
DaveS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita Marie wrote:
I guess it is time to ask, how crazy will the launchs be on the weekend of the gathering?
My big concern is getting out of the water Sunday morning during the derby since I have to work Sunday afternoon.
Fred

Fred, the nice thing about the Everett Launch site is that the ramps are designated as "Launch Only" and "Retrieve Only" and there are several of each. Even at the busiest of times they are not too bad. My only concern would be any lack of parking due to the fishing derby. (I'm just not that familiar with how well attended the derbys are). The facility however does provide a huge parking lot for tow rigs with trailers.
DaveS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoLuckyFish wrote:
Linda & I are also planning to attend...depending on weather of course. What time do you'all plan to meet (& where?) on Saturday?

Glad to "hear" that you'll be joining us! Since, the high tide of the day is approx. 1300 HRS, I'd suggest we plan on actually beginning the cruise up the river at 1000 HRS.

If we should experience too much rain before the event that causes a lot of "run off debris" in the river thereby creating too many floating obstacles, we can decide that morning if we'd rather cruise to Langley, Kingston or some other relatively close port of call.
DaveS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo Smith wrote:
Dave, it is a smart move to check on the tide levels this year. Those low bidges were a bit too close to the roof tops of our boats!
Best Regards, Leo.

Good point, Leo!
Since the low bridges can create a problem during high tide, I'd planned on avoiding having to pass under those bridges this year. (I prefer the high tides for the deeper water it allows us to navigate in).
pugetsounder

City/Region: Edmonds
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Haileigh's Comet
Photos: Haileigh's Comet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We plan to spend the night on the boat in Edmonds, Friday night and then crusing up to Everett Saturday morning. We should be up there easily by 8 am. Plan to just go with the flow. If it is nice we can stay until Sunday morning. Love to do the river, but Langley or Kingston works for us. Deb
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably launch on Friday night. My brother is going with me on the day trip sat. He is from the area and has spent many hours rowing and kayaking the rivers and it's sloughs. He is looking forward to sitting back and relaxing and not having to do any work! We will probably retrieve sat evening when things quiet down. If the river doesn't look good, we will be up for any ole adventure.

I am back on the right coast this week exploring the Baltimore area. Wish I had my boat to do the exploring on the Chesapeake Bay.What a perfect place for a C-Dory. The weather is sunny and warm, just right for a cruise.
Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: