The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/13-10/17 - Lake Champlain Fall Foliage C-Dory Cruise
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
You could do worse with a name. The words "Live Free or Die" were part of a volunteer toast that N.H. Revolutionary War hero General John Stark sent to wartime comrades, in which he declined, due to poor health, an invitation to head up a 32nd anniversary reunion of the 1777 Battle of Bennington in Vermont. The toast said in full: "Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." The following year, a similar invitation from the group (also declined by General Stark) said: "The toast, sir, which you sent us in 1809 will continue to vibrate with unceasing pleasure in our ears, "Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst Of Evils." Much later (around 1945, I think) the words were adopted as the state motto of New Hampshire.

Maybe the C-Brat adaptation would be, "C-Dory or Swim; Being Boatless is Not the Worst of Evils."

Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Fall Foliage Fling Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the history lesson. We needed you on our cruise to keep us aware of the historical signicance of what we were cruising past.

Luckily, our guidebooks did have quite a bit of history in them which we read each night. But, sounds like you really could have added to our fun.

Hope you make it if we do it again next year.

Rick from Maine
Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Fall Foliage Fling Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Your photos are really nice and help complete the cruise. I've added a couple that you can relate to. Otter Creek! and Mixie navigating. What with Pam driving and Mixie navigating, what did you do?

Rick from Maine
Plan C

City/Region: Port Townsend
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Plan C
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick

I was trying to get rid of dinner any way I could. The rest of the day HAD to get better from there. And it did.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: