The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

CD-25 Weight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bess-C

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bess-C
Photos: Bess-C
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: CD-25 Weight Reply with quote

I weighed Bess-C today on my way to put her away in storage. I've seen a lot of speculation about the weight of the 25's. My guess on the weight of our boat was somewhere between 7000-7500#. It weighed 6920 lbs. including the King tandem trailer.

The boat was set up as follows. Honda 130, Honda 15 kicker, Honda 2 dingy motor and dingy. My estimate is about 40-50 gallons of fuel, empty water and holding tanks. We store a lot of our gear aboard the boat, so I think we would add 200#'s max when traveling. We don't have radar, a stainless arch or canvas back yet. I think that might add another 200#'s. That puts our potential maximum at about 7400#'s.

Hope this info helps those of you contemplating a 25' and what it will take for towing. We tow with a '03 Ford Expedition It is rated at 8,650#'s towing capacity with a weight distributing hitch. Seems to tow the boat fine, with little stress or strain.
Lyle

17 Center Console C-Dory 10/16
Minnow

City/Region: East Amwell
State or Province: NJ
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Minnow
Photos: Minnow
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be repeating some old info, but what brand of weight distributing hitch do you use, and does it allow the surge brakes to work properly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: