The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

What did you see at the boat show?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, Anyone who owns part of the AquaSoxs is all right by me!

SPLASH

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I was at the show I sat in on some of the fishing seminars. I have been to a lot of these but always learn something new. Some little tidbit worth sitting thru all the rest of it. So here this years tidbit. Over the last year several out door retailers have been selling large plastic flasher at "on sale" prices. I saw 5 for $20 alot. Well they were cheap for a reason. All the ball bearing swivel where installed up side down. I thought that it did not matter which way the swivel pointed as long as it spun. The swivel is two parts one cupped over the other. If the half cupped over the other half is facing down, with the lip facing up or into the current there is enough pressure to force water into the swivel and destroy it. Now I had two that did not spin right this year, now I know why. I would have never guess that it matter but it does. So go check your swivels, both of them, and make sure they face in the right direction and change out the ones that don't.
Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbi, are the Everett Aqua Sox a double A ball club?
tom&shan

Photos: Dakota
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Fishing Seminars Reply with quote

I finally made it to the boat show - went at lunch time - walked over from work. Checked out the new C-Dory's of course, salivated over the SeaSports, walked through the Ranger Tugs, stayed away from the Meridan Yachts.
I did sit in on Tom Nelson's fishing seminar - really enjoyed it - "How to catch puget sound chinook and coho salmon". He mentioned having dinner with the inventor/manufacturer of the "modern" flashers and how his first models were in three different colors. He asked the guy which color worked best - the reply was that he didn't know - he just used three different colors so that folks would buy three of them.
The new color now to use is UV - can only see it under a blacklight but apparently it is very visible to the fish.
Cheers,
Tom
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, They are a Short Season A team that plays in the Northwest league with Spokane, Vancouver, Yakima, Boise, Salem-Kaiser and a few more. Great ball parks if you like baseball.

At the boatshow, I really fell in love with "Nutmeg", a Nexus Marine Eastsider, 22 feet long and all wood. Beautiful!

Robbi
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Robbi, Caryn fell in love with the Nexus boats as well. I didn't like the fact that they didn't have a pilot house boat but according to them, all of their boats are customizable.

I have to admit, we thought about the 24' Skagit Orca, last year's model at a very good price. It had a huge cockpit and a Suzuki 175, but the cabin was no bigger and no fancier than our current CD22. The huge price reduction was tempting however.

I like the Venture 26' but was shocked at the price. I think it was $109,000! On that note, I think the 22' CD Cruiser was $70k plus. Like Pat said earlier, our purchase 4 years ago is sure looking good now.

I might go over this afternoon for another peek at things I missed the first time and maybe buy some more fishing tackle.

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzmanic wrote:
Yeah Robbi, Caryn fell in love with the Nexus boats as well.

Hold on a minute, Peter...I stopped to admire that boat too. Dotty was not impressed. As I've mentioned before, Dotty lived for 10 years on a wooden boat. Once, during one of our few arguments in 48 years of marriage, she said she only married me "to get off that d*** wooden boat!"
I had to laugh reading the Nexus site which states the following,

"To restore appearance in ten or twenty years, all you have to do is have it repainted, just like a car."

When we got our 16 footer I was allowed to have a teak flag pole. Two years ago she grudgingly said I could get a steering wheel hub.

Stick with your C-Dory and visit the wooden boat museum.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Leo Smith

City/Region: West Seattle
Photos: Leo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good day to drop by the boat show today for for an extended lunch break. Compared to last year's show, a few builders have fallen off the radar screen. Glacier Bay was not at the show this year. Larry Graf (the founder of Glacier Bay) has established a new boat company featuring a prototype power catamaran on display with asymmetrical hulls with only one inboard engine located in one of the hulls.
At the north end of the display area under the stadium bleachers, a sharp looking power catamaran was on display. www.arrowcatmarine.com This is a Roger Hill design. It has clean lines with a double berth and private head forward, galley and convertible dinette in the main cabin, and a single quarter berth in each hull. Like the tomcat, it is powered by two outboards mounted the transom. After seeing the price tag on the 25' Tomcat, I didn't even ask about the price on this one.

It was nice to see the C-Dory display sitting in a prime location directly in front of the boat show entrance. I hope Fluid Marine has a successful show.

Best Regards,
Leo
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Nexus 21 Reply with quote

Marty said:
Quote:
"Stick with your C-Dory and visit the wooden boat museum."

Marty, there are folks who have wooden boats because they enjoy, no thats not the right word, more like fixate or are obsessive compulsive about maintaining them. And that is what they do, scrape, sand, paint and more, over and over, and over and over, and over and over again and again and again ..... and again.

For my piece of mind, I am not one of them.

BTW, that Nexux, $153K and you get to paint it every 10 - 20 years Cry Rolling Eyes

Harvey
SleepyC

starcrafttom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you love wood boat you need one of these.
Not much up keep I'm sure
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo-

Go back and price out the ArrowCat 30, please! You have to replace the Toland 18-8 with something, right?

All you TomCat owners are prohibited from watching the videos when visiting their website! Unless, of course, you have the Admiral's permission!

That's one big, tall, 30 foot cat! Looks like it rides the chop and waves very nice with the tall hulls and tunnel design.

Open cabin back makes it a tropical boat until you add a bulkhead or at least a canvas enclosure.

Top speed of 46 with twin 175's, cruise at 27, and ~13 gph. That ='s ~ 2mpg, but I forgot to note whether they were talking statute miles, nautical miles, or US or Imperial gallons!

How fast do you think it'll go with twin 250's and 500 hp?

Wonder how it compares with a TC 255 or the ChiliKat 30 Cruiser for amenities and performance? (Can't find any photos of a completed ChilKat 30 Cruiser with any more than a bench layout inside.)

How about a three way race across the Juan de Fuca Straight in the chop?

What do all you TomCat owners think? How about Thataway's Dr. Bob?

Might get it for less in New Zealand, and just might be time to bail out o' here anyway! (I kid...?) Laughing

Back to the videos.......

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
dotnmarty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe- I can certainly appreciate the beauty and emotion of a wooden boat. For me, looking in the window of the Nexus boat at the show was like looking up at the rafters in a grand cathedral. It's beauty could make me cry. Dotty, on the other hand, remembers the cotton and the caulk. For us, just tooling around Mercer Island in our 16 foot C-Dory, brings us lots of happiness and contentment. Very Happy Gift
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to about 5 fishing seminars last Saturday, and 1 last night.

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
dotnmarty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinated by the "Junk boat" display, which sailed from California to Hawaii this past summer

Read about it here http://yachtpals.com/junk-boat
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moose boats where very interesting. If I ever decide to invade a small country I will have to go get one.http://www.mooseboats.com/g_vid_01.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: