The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Tugs in Atlanta
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Tugs in Atlanta Reply with quote

I just checked out the TugNuts site and looked at the pictures of the new 29 set up at the Atlanta show. Sure looks nice. Check it out.
Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to see the R 29 at Wefings next week (?). My major concern is the cost of over $239,937, plus transportation and taxes--will be at the $250,000 level--at this economy. Although the boat is fairly well equipted, the options I might consider would include:
Aft bimini top with boot
Aft side-enclosures, clear Strato-glass (Aft bimini required) ($4,500)
Air Conditioning w/ Rev cycle heat 16,000 btu main salon, 10,000 btu master stateroom ($7,000)
Anchor Pkg, 22# Anchor, 50’ Chain, 200’ line (I would want a larger anchor) ($600)
Diesel Heater, 14,000 BTU forced air furnace ($5,500)
Macerator discharge w/ Y-valve ($460)
Trailer EZ Loader Galvanized #12,500, triple axle, disc brakes (I would want at least 14,000 lbs capacity). ( $7,500) It would not take a lot more of accessories to bring the total cost up close to $300K (adding things like AIS, the extra fuel tank, bigger generator (if available) etc.

Amounts are estimates, but probably fairly close and are equal to an extra $25,5660

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Jeff Brigner

State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Doc...
When you and Marie get yours can Cathy and I go for a ride Laughing
You guys please put us on your stop to see list when you head up this way Thumbs Up

Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robbi , appreciate it .
Bob, The Wefings crew and the 29 should be home Tues. and Wed. Then Andrew and I off to Trawlerfest in Stuart . Thats the plan . Ill keep posting pics . Thanks for all the interest !
Marc

Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wefings.com/albums/ranger29/
Marc
Sam Walker

City/Region: Wherever the RV is today
State or Province: SD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc and Jeff. Thumbs Up CoolSmile
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the thumbs up! We are preparing for our marathon 11 hour day and are looking forward to a good showing with the cold weather here . We have had excellent response every day . Once again , it good to have something new in the show !
Marc
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show today was an absolute endless line of folks waiting to get on the R 29 . There was at least a 50' line more folks in line to see it for at least 6 of the 11 hours of the show and some line for 8 or 9 hours! The smiles and comments that I saw and heard [as I was doing crowd control] when folks came off the boat at the bottom of the steps said it all . They would just keep plowing up the stairs till there was no room to see the boat, move around or even get off the boat . Tomorrow is the last day and it will be open till 6 P.M. I still have tickets at the will call for anyone that mentions Wefings .Next stop is Stuart Trawlerfest , there will be a more focused crowd that are all into Trawlers and we are looking forward to a little warmer temps . We are all tired but very pleased with the response .
More to come , thanks to everybody who came to see us there and to Bruce, Charlie, and Jeff M.for their hard work.
Marc
SGIDave

City/Region: St. George Island
Vessel Name: Seadation - SOLD 09/2013
Photos: SeaDation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked over the R29 yesterday in ATL and by way of amplifying Marc's comments: The boat is awesome! The space aboard and thoughtfulness of the layout is great. My wife and I were very impressed. For example, the port cockpit stairs that flip open reveal a very professional-looking wiring hub. Plenty of room for extra batteries if you wanted to add more for the house.

/david
Starry_Night _Joe

City/Region: Virginia Beach
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Starry Night
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: R-29 Underway at Stuart Trawlerfest Reply with quote

We have pictures to post of the new R-29 coming over from the boat launch to the piers at Hutchinson Island Marriott for Trawlerfest. (they are on my wife's camera and need to be uploaded).

Andrew and Marc will also be able to post the results of the speed curve we developed after to show tonight. The boat handles nicely, she is as stable as a 25 in a high speed circle and figure eight.

Joe
Starry Night
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to Marc a short time ago. He mentioned that the internet connection at the hotel was not ideal. It also sounded as if he and Andrew had been working nonstop for several days, and that all were "bushed"...

But he did mention that the R 29 hit over 21 mph (Knots?) and he thought with the correct prop that it would be a boat capable of cruising at 20 mph (Knots?).
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Bob that was a top speed number . It was pretty much what the factory anticipated . I would say a sensible cruise would be 10-15 Kts. But its nice to know that the capability of 20 Kts is there .
Marc
Doryman

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lori Ann
Photos: Lori Ann
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished looking at the slide show and the specs on the Ranger site. Nice looking boat! Went to TugNuts but did not find answers to these questions:

1. What is a realistic weight for the boat on the trailer? I assume with a 10' beam a permit will be required (I recall an earlier discussion in which folks talked about trailering overwide w/o permit and no problems.)

2. What are some gph and mpg numbers or projections for this boat?

3. The visuals don't show where the guest berth is located -- do you go down below to access it?

4. Are Garmin electronics a requirement? I have an investment in Raymarine-compatible nav cards that I would have to replace if I went to Garmin.

Looking forward to seeing the boat in the water at SkipperCress this spring.

Warren

TomCat 255, Hull #55, 150 Yamahas
Anacortes, WA
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doryman wrote:
4. Are Garmin electronics a requirement? I have an investment in Raymarine-compatible nav cards that I would have to replace if I went to Garmin.

Looking forward to seeing the boat in the water at SkipperCress this spring.

Warren

A drop in the bucket compared to the overall price. Wink

A friend of ours bought an R-25 at the NO show. His dealer is installing Raymarine electronics. I took him out yesterday for some helm time in Wild Blue to let him get a feel for the Raymarine stuff. No doubt, he'll be paying be back with some time in his new tug when it's ready. Cool
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We (along with a slug of our Brat friends) saw the R-29 at the VIP preview at the SBS last night as guests of Ranger Tugs. Dave and John Livingston and Jeff Messer were of course there, and we all enjoyed the drinks, cheese, champagne and Ranger and Yanmar hats we left with (Robbi got a neat clock, wouldn't trade me for the dang hat!).

The R-29 is REALLY impressive, the extra size is only able to be appreciated when you see it in person and climb aboard. The "veeberth" is now a bona fide stateroom, the R25 "coffin cabin" is now actually useful as a berth, there are all kinds of amenities (anybody need an electric wine cooling cabinet?), microwave/convection oven, bigger fridge, TV, etc.

But approaching $240,000, the price tag is impressive too. And you would not really call this boat "trailerable," I would say it is rather "movable" on a trailer. Permits are required, the permits to haul the R-29 from Seattle to Atlanta were $400. But the main thing is, you are not going to routinely trailer this to Bellingham or Olympia for a CBGT (or whatever the corresponding term is for Tugnut get-togethers). So you really have to figure in-the-water moorage into the costs of this boat. Is it worth it? It is a little more money than the Nordic 26 and a little less money than the Nordic 32. But I guess everyone is going to have to figure this out for themselves. For us, like a Nordic 32, it would be a "cash in the house" type of alternative, and right now, to use Jim B's words, the CD25 is a "just enough" boat - so we have no pressing need to get a bigger boat. But it sure would be sweet for that extended (months, not weeks) cruising to Alaska, Mexico, or the Great Loop!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: