The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Warrenton Dock C-Brat gathering
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Warrenton Dock C-Brat gathering Reply with quote

El & Bill arrived at the Warrenton City dock and tied up right smack dab in the middle of 4 other C-Dories and felt right at home. Tomorrow the head off to Lewiston, ID to pick up truck and trailer then head back here. They plan on being around till at least Sunday and then leave for another gathering at Lake Powell.

Before they go a local gathering seems to be in order. I've thought about trying to get something together with the local fleet for some time to acknowledge friends, fellow fisherman, and the rest of the folks at our dock and this week-end looks like the best time to do it with El and Bill in town SO, for all those interested it looks like Saturday afternoon at about 3:30PM looks to be a perfect time.

There is plenty of space in the marina for more boats as the jet sled guides have left for the year so if you want to bring a boat please do. You can call Keith, the Harbor Master, @ 503-861-3822 to check it out.

Looks like we might have a chance to chase a fish earlier in the day then get together for some cold ones and a little afternoon/ evening snacking at the boats. We don't have great shore side covered cook out shelters but hey, we're C-Brats and shouldn't expect to much. I hope some of you will try to make it down our way to say hello and enjoy the company. We will have cold beer but don't expect it to be that special C-Brat Brew they serve up north in Washington. We have fisherman, not brewers, here in Oregon.

Hope to see some of you on the dock,
Tim

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, cool! I guess I can't whine about the drive to this one.

I stuck a few pictures into the Halcyon album.

Lynn Marie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear you're on board. That makes at least three of us so far. Maybe the Raven/Heron fleet will come in after killing some fish. I'll buy them a cold one if they show.

Now all we need is to hear from some up river folks or maybe a member from the northern contingency.

Tim
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there
You can count the Sensei Crew in on this one,minus the Sensei tho.
I will bring down some corn for the pot luck. How many ears do you think we will need???? 50,100,150...lol...and also maybe some yukon gold taters woud go nicely also
we will probably come down friday and try to find lodging close by. should I bring my fishing pole?what License do I need, fresh water or salt???
see you there

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll be there, boatless, but there
Lynn Marie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Warrenton accomadations Reply with quote

Roger and/or others,

There is lots of motels in Astoria, which is about 5 minutes away, including a new Holiday Inn Express right on the river. www.astoriahie.com, 888-898-6222. There is also a Shilo Inn in Warrenton just a mile from the marina, www.shiloinns.com, 503-861-2181.

As for poles and fishing I can't speak for others but generally most of us have a number of them on the boat already that are rigged for what we're after and that includes the terminal tackle/hooks, etc.

The fishing is in the river but it is still tidal. As for license, because it's a shared river both OR and WA lic. and tags are ok no matter where you depart or land. Others from outside to NW could pick up a day lic. at the bait shop near the parking lot.

Hope this helps all that may venture down, or up.

Tim
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be coming down, probably Thursday evening. See y'all there!
Chuckpacific

City/Region: SW PDX
Vessel Name: Big Sky
Photos: Big Sky
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for a leisurely cruise to the Astoria vicinity through the channels on the Oregon side of the Columbia. Right now my plans are to be at the West Mooring Basin Friday night leaving for Cathlamet sometime Saturday to head back to Tomahawk. How far is the Warrenton marina (timewise)? Is there transient moorage?
I would like to make the get-together somehow.

Chuck
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that sounds like fun. I've got a former co-workers' reunion Saturday, so I don't know. Bill and El, nice of you to drop in.
Thanks, Tyboo, for the photos.

Last edited by Catman on Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
TyBoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckpacific wrote:
I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for a leisurely cruise to the Astoria vicinity through the channels on the Oregon side of the Columbia. Right now my plans are to be at the West Mooring Basin Friday night leaving for Cathlamet sometime Saturday to head back to Tomahawk. How far is the Warrenton marina (timewise)? Is there transient moorage?
I would like to make the get-together somehow.

Chuck

Chuck - The Astoria West End basin is just minutes away from Warrenton. Cathlamet is under two hours. And yes, now that the salmon season is winding down, there is plenty of moorage space in Warrenton. Tell the habormaster you want to be with the C-Dorys.

I envy your planned cruise. I gotta work. When you go past the Wauna Mill across from Cathlamet, just before you enter the Clifton Channel, feel sorry for me, will ya?
TyBoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
Thanks, Tyboo, for the photos.

You're welcome, CM.
Lynn Marie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear that so many are interested in coming down. As mike and I said there shouldn't be a problem of dock space at all. If you are motoring down the river the Chinook season is only closed right out in front of the Warrenton/Astoria area. Just up river from Astoria is Tongue Point which sticks out a fare amount and from there on up Chinook are still open and being caught in good numbers on bait as well as spinners, etc. so if you've a mind stop and throw some gear over either coming or going. Running up from our dock is about a 45 minute trip I would guess but Mike probably knows for sure.

Hey B~C what gives with the no boat deal? You afraid to get yours and the TyBoo to close together and mess up the Bite? I thought you guys already broke that evil fish spell.

Roger I'm not sure of a corn count yet but we'll keep count on what's coming up on the screen for a day or two as well as a call in to the local folks.

Tim
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in for the Sat. get together. I will be comming by motorcycle Twisted Evil so that crock of beans is out of the question. I'll figure something out for the potluck. Embarrased
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll TRY to remember to bring your fender! OK, I head south on I-5, then how do I get to Warrenton dock, and where do I park (will it be obvious)?

Helen O wrote:
I'll be coming down, probably Thursday evening. See y'all there!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're coming down, Pat. Head accross the Longview/Ranier Bridge, .... coming off the bridge take Hwy 30 west to Astoria. Go through Astoria and accross the Youngs Bay Bridge, follow the signs to Warrenton. (Turn right just before the shopping center) Just as you're coming into Warrenton there is a Bait Shop called "Tackle Time" on the left. That's where you want to go, just drive around their building under the bridge and you'll be in the Warrenton dock parking lot. Look towards the water and you'll see some C-Dory's. That'll be us. Mr. Green
Boy, I'm pumped. I've been couped up in the house nursing a sore back for the last month. It's sure going to feel good to get out and do some fishin'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: