The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Update on our 25 C-Dory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shausotter

City/Region: Albany, Oregon
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Update on our 25 C-Dory Reply with quote

Hi, I went to Sportcraft Marina (Oregon City, OR) on Friday to see what progress had been made on our boat. The Honda 90's had finally arrived and had been mounted. (Seems that the 90 is a very popular motor so one of them came from Florida. Lucky on the timing considering all the hurricanes affecting Florida.) All the electronics were in so we drew marks all over the dash to identify for the installer where we wanted stuff installed. Electronics installations are supposed to happen next week. They are still estimating about three weeks for completion. Have to admit I am like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. (I have awaited a substantial number of Christmas mornings and this will be the best present of my life.) The down side is that the worst three months of the year for boating weather at Depoe Bay are November through January, so we might be getting acquainted with our C-Dory on some of the local lakes like Foster-Greenpeter, or on the Willamette River. We are still wrestling with a name. Sure do enjoy reading all the posts on this web site. You folks are wonderful.
Steve Hausotter awaiting the unamed C-Dory
Jack in Alaska

City/Region: Anchorage/Ninilchik
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: HIGH TIDE II
Photos: HIGH TIDE II
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I am sure you are as excited as we were when we drove down to Kent in 1983 to pick up our new CD. I could not wait to get there and head back home to give it the 1st splash. Well.........it is 22 years later, I still have the CD and I am still excited to hit the water with it.
The day will come when you have it and are ready to back down the ramp the 1st time. Enjoy it. We did and still do.

Jack Very Happy

HIGH TIDE-II; 2005 26' ProAngler; 2003 200 Honda / 2009 9.9 Honda high thrust
No. CD026021I405; AK-5008-AK
MSSI No. 338143486(cancelled)

HIGH TIDE; 1983 Angler Classic 22'; 90 Honda/ 9.9 Tohatsu-sold 2009 to son Dan (flatfishfool)
Stolen & stripped in Aug. 18
Bare hull & trailer sold in Nov.
shausotter

City/Region: Albany, Oregon
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Trailer trepidation Reply with quote

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply.

Behind the excitement there is a certain trepidation about the trailering part. It looks so darn long sitting there on the trailer I have to admit it makes me a bit uneasy.

Wendy and I used to own a 24 foot Prowler that we hauled all over Oregon and Washington, but somehow the C-Dory looks more imposing. I remember the first few times taking the Prowler down the road were a bit of a white knuckler. Then I put a ding in it bumping a bollard while pulling out of a gas station and things sort of relaxed a bit after that.

Hopefully excitement will win out and we will go down the highway without much problem.

Have you ever done long trailering trips? We want to eventually be able to trailer up to Anachortes and go into the San Juans, which for us, would be about a six hour trip up I-5.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Steve and Wendy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: