State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sailboatrack.com/FAQ_Page.html

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=57925

This seems like a great system. Anyone use one?
Chris Bulovsky

City/Region: Washburn
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SCOUT
Photos: SCOUT
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Roof racks Reply with quote

Standard rain gutter Yakima roof racks hook on the stainless rails nicely.[/img]/Users/christopher028/Desktop/101_2750.jpg

If the link fails check page 7 of my photo's see : Thanksgiving 2012 Solo outing

Chris
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Roof racks Reply with quote

Chris Bulovsky wrote:
Standard rain gutter Yakima roof racks hook on the stainless rails nicely.[/img]/Users/christopher028/Desktop/101_2750.jpg

If the link fails check page 7 of my photo's see : Thanksgiving 2012 Solo outing

Chris

Those look higher than the set I have. I keep my boat 4 hours from where I live so I won't be able to see if mine fit until Wednesday. I hope it does as it will save me a ton of $$ that I can use somewhere else on the boat Mr. Green
Chris Bulovsky

City/Region: Washburn
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: SCOUT
Photos: SCOUT
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are old rain gutter mounts that are almost obsolete with cars today. They synch right on the C-Dory grab rail with no modification. I was certain that I would have to bend them in a bit but they worked as is.
NECoastie

State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2001
Photos: NECoastie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject: Yakima Timberline towers? Reply with quote

Has anyone used Yakima Timberline towers to attach roof rack bars to the handrails? I don't have the extra tall roof, so the bars just need to be up a couple inches from the feet mounts. It looks like the Timberline model would grab onto the hand rails and mount securely. I'd rather not use rain gutter mounts. I also priced out building a stainless steel rack myself, but the parts are expensive.

Thanks!
Swee Pea

City/Region: Bath
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Swee Pea
Photos: Swee Pea
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Rack Reply with quote

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=SweePea&id=PICT0466_edited&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

John
Swee Pea
jep27

City/Region: New Haven
State or Province: VT
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Lunasa
Photos: Lunasa
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used a pair of Yakima roof rack bars (78" long) -- and mounted via 4 Yakima cross-bar clamps on the roof hand-rail bars. Stainless steel is coated with rubber and it all seems to be very weather-resistant.

In the end, we also added a Yakima 'MegaWarrior' roof basket - which let's use put various coolers, fenders, and other storage items up there as we travel. We can put the canoe on that as well.. and also use it without the canoe if we need to. Works very well for our purposes.

You can see some pictures in our album.. and also happy to field any specific questions.

Jeff

NECoastie

State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2001
Photos: NECoastie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject: Yakima Timberline towers are the way to go. Reply with quote

Responding to my own post from above, in case anyone else is trying to figure this out. I put a set of the Timberline towers on top of our 22 Cruiser last year and they worked perfectly. The bars just clear the roof. I'm upgrading the system to a set of 78" long bars this year. We had 2 kayaks on the roof last year, but I'd like to add a SUP or another kayak, maybe both!

Careful everyone, don't put too much weight up high on the roof of your boat; it DOES affect seaworthiness and stability. (Who knows where the safe limit is though!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Dinghys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: