Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruthie is correct, we have a 240TDS. I think the 240 is a better two person boat and the weight is around 45lbs.
We have a low arch but on a 25 it does not hang over the cabin. We used to have an 11' Padilac/kayak and it hung at least two feet over the cabin. This did not cause any problems with launching or retreiving the dingy. The only thing I would recommend is to lash down your dingy as well as you can. We always tie a short line from the dingy to the boat underway just in case it ever broke free.
breausaw

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Triple J
Photos: Triple J
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Jim King a call @ 907-248-2900 - owner of Alaska Series Inflatable boats.

He works out of a warehouse here in Anchorage and does shows all over the US.
Show prices are close to half the retail price.
Great guy to do business with and stands behind his produces.

We have the 240TDS with Grizzly Claw bottom, show price was about $1200.

Have 2 hp Honda kicker, works great see pics in album.

2007 22ft C-Dory Triple J 2007-2012
2007 25ft C-Dory Triple J 2012-2018
Boatless for now but looking
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Source for inflatables Reply with quote

I just called Jim King at the above posted number. His message says he is in the Orient until Dec 7, and does not check messages on that phone. Says best way to contact is via e-mail, linked from his web page at alaskaseries.com or direct it is jim_king@hotmail.com

I sure hope he is at the SBS because I have some questions for him. I tried to purchase an Alaska Series from Inflatable Boat Works, Seattle, which is/was listed as his PNW dealer, and let's just say it was less than easy, and the inflatable I would up with was their rendition of the identical replacement, supposedly offered by Jim King. It seems like a good thing, but it doesn't say Alaska Series on it. Supposed to meet the same specs, and came in a box with Jim King labeling on the side, but the instruction sheet did not look related. When questioned, IBW said they were the same boat but now being made by another manufacturer, China, I believe, and that the warranty would be the same. It took several months to get a complete, functional inflatable. IBW would not be my first choice to go to for a dealer. I know that previously others have had better experiences with them, but there are also those who have also had less than stellar service. I would certainly go into the deal with eyes open and plan b & c in order. It is a shame that such a good product suffers due to not such good customer service. Best of luck to future Inflatable purchasers. It is a hard decision, for a very important pleasure and safety accessory.

Harvey
SleepyC
Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: