View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Some Topics Moved Reply with quote

I was looking through the list of 309 topics on the General Chat Forum, and found several that contained a lot of information that may prove valuable to many in the future. I moved such topics to the best fitting forum on the technical board so they will better serve as future reference. There are still some more to go, and most of them have been quiet for a spell. When a topic was moved, there is a Shadow Topic left in the original forum. So when you peruse a forum and see a topic whose title is preceded by Moved:, you can still click on the topic and go right to it in its new location.

This type of organization is real easy to do with the software our site uses. It's no problem to start a topic in the General Chat Forum if you don't think it fits under one of the library headings. (It's also OK to do that without thinking!) Very often, what seems like a simple comment can generate a good deal of discussion with lots of things to be learned by all. Those are the kinds of discussions we look for to preserve in the Library. (Some other discussions are totally meaningless, and stay that way. Those are the kind I look for to read first. They're may favorites!)

So just keep on keeping on. If you think a question or comment you want to offer belongs in one of the technical forums, then post it in there. But we'll never criticize anyone for posting to the "wrong" forum, so don't be worried about this being some kind of rule or anything. Also, if you see a topic that should really be preserved in the Library, call it to our attention and we'll get it moved.

Is this place cool, or what??

Mike
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the topics that was moved is the recent Solar Vents discussion. It now resides in the Cabin, Interior forum in the Library. For some reason, the shawdow topic indicating it was moved won't stick on the General Chat forum.

Now I'm gonna get a bunch of PM's from the Nerd about that, and all I can tell him is I tried but it don't work because he must have busted something. It looks like all the other moved topics left the shawdow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: