The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

At the Factory
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captd

City/Region: Chain of Lakes
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kon Tiki
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: At the Factory Reply with quote

Today, Wed, October 22, 2008. We go for our 1st ride on the Lucky Fin. We came into the Ranger factory on the 20th. Marc, from Wefing Marine flew in that day as well. He spent his 1st day at the C-Dory factory. The second day Marc and Doug ( his right hand man ) spent the day on the Lucky Fin. So at this point they know more about my boat then I do.

Dee and I hung around the Tork Lift company in down town Kent. They specialize in fabrication of hitches and towing equipment. They are the best I have ever seen. We now can get in and out of our camper with a boat trailer on behind. They built a deck off the back on the hitch extension and the folding steps now come down off the side instead of the middle. A cargo rack underneath will carry a Honda gen set, ( 2000 watt ) and leveling blocks, etc. The new ( to us) 2004 Northern Lite is a 9 1/2 foot and 2000 lbs lighter, all fiberglass slide in.

We met Marc and Doug at Saltys down on the water front last night. It wasn't any fun as far as picking on Marc. He picked up the tab without ever reading the pressure post on another thread. Marc is not all bad, I don't care what everyone else says.............. His dinner tab must been $200 Crook
The truth is: he is the only boat dealer I would drive 3000 miles just to buy a boat from. I cannot praise him and the factory enough for how well they stand behind their boats. C-dory lost some great hands when they lost them to Ranger Tug. Jeff Mesmer and Andrew have got to be the best customer advocates I have ever run into. I guess that is why they have a back order of 4 months while other boat companies are closing their doors. I'm am a satisfied buyer of the Ranger Tug.

Pictures are coming up
captd

2007 25 R Ranger (Mis Dee) sold 2008
2009 25 R Ranger (Lucky Fin) sold
1994 22 ft C-Dory ( Kon Tiki )
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it looks like you wil have a beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest for your first ride today! Wish I could run down to see you.

Congratulations on your second Ranger Tug. You must be the first to buy two!

Mac
Belltown

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Moondance
Photos: Moondance
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations - enjoy your fun. It is gorgeous today. I'm looking out my windows at Elliott Bay, wishing I was on the water instead of watching it.

And I'd like to add my endorsement to your praise of Jeff, Andrew, as well as Dave, John, Jim, and the rest of the outstanding Ranger team. Top notch!
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: At the Factory Reply with quote

Well, I don't know Marc, but I will definitely second your motion on Jeff and Andrew - the best, and I say that from personal experience. Rich Finlay should be so lucky to have people of their caliber taking care of C-Dory customers. But Rich made it clear, other than the factory party I guess, they really do not see themselves interfacing with their customers at all. If anybody from the C-Dory factory wants to clarify that, I would love to hear it, but that was my take-away from my conversation with Rich in Bellingham in August.

captd wrote:
Jeff Mesmer and Andrew have got to be the best customer advocates I have ever run into. I guess that is why they have a back order of 4 months while other boat companies are closing their doors. I'm am a satisfied buyer of the Ranger Tug.

Pictures are coming up
captd

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

RichF
C-Dory Factory Representative

City/Region: Auburn
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I didn't say that we wouldn't interface with our customers at all. We are certainly out of the retail business - all sales of boats and parts are directed to our authorized dealers. We are here to support the dealers not compete with them.

Otherwise, I know everyone here does welcome interactions with C-Dory owners and owners-to-be. The factory is open to visits and my phone is (nearly) always answered on the first couple of rings. You will also see Mark, Andy, Sam or I at most of the major boat shows coming up this year. I trust the slow or lack of communication has come to an end.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression - it was my first gathering.

Rich F.

Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt D,

Congrats on Lucky Fin. It sure looks great!

Quote:
Dee and I hung around the Tork Lift company in down town Kent. They specialize in fabrication of hitches and towing equipment. They are the best I have ever seen. We now can get in and out of our camper with a boat trailer on behind. They built a deck off the back on the hitch extension and the folding steps now come down off the side instead of the middle. A cargo rack underneath will carry a Honda gen set, ( 2000 watt ) and leveling blocks, etc. The new ( to us) 2004 Northern Lite is a 9 1/2 foot and 2000 lbs lighter, all fiberglass slide in.
I would sure be interested in seeing pictures of this new step/platform you had fabricated. We are picking up a 2008 Northern Lite 10-2 this weekend. I've never owned a camper before and I am looking forward to trying it out soon. It would be great to hear any suggestions or ideas you have for towing behind the pickup/camper combination. I know you've been doing it for years with a number of different vehicles and I would certainly appreciate any thoughts ideas you may have.
Again congrats on Lucky Fin Cigar
Ron
acustis
Ranger Tugs Factory Rep

City/Region: Puyallup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: The Eagle has landed Reply with quote

We can never take enough praise from our very loyal group of customers. We (Ranger Tugs) all love what we do and we are all very fortunate to run across some great Ranger and C-dory owners! That must be why we get the praise. Thanks for the great compliments guys!
captd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great day yesterday, proving once again how Ranger, Andrew, Jim and the rest at Ranger Tug crew solves problems.
With five good sized people on board the 150 cummins kicked along up to 18.5 miles an hour. That is full of fuel with 1/4 water. Andrew tested two different props with the load. At full speed there was a resounding pop and the Lucky Fin came to what would be a screeching halt if on land. The high pressure hose on the transmission fitting came apart shooting oil around and about in the engine compartment. Andrew called for reinforcemnts. Low and behold a 21 foot Ranger came to the rescue. A tug rescueing a tug. That only fitting. On this very capable little red tug was the Cummins mechanic with a new hose and some replacement oil. Up an running in no time. Now we had 7 good sized people on the boat. I run it up to full RPMs to, I believe it was 3900 down from 3950.
Only one problem, we had no beer during the wait.

I have to admit during the feasco, there was a look on Andrew's face. It was a look of total shock. He swears it had never happened before in all the test runs he had ever made. He thought maybe it was my wife, Mis Dee that was hell on hoses. When she is aboard a hose somewhere lets go.
Marc, Jim and myself took lots of pictures. Some of the little red tug with Mount Rainier in the back ground. I am sure Marc will be posting. Some pictures of Andrew looking a little sheepish. I'll be posting them.

We had lunch at Ivar's on the water. Some of their famous clam chowder.

It was a very satisfying day. The new 2009 Ranger is everything I was told it was. Even better.

Lucky Fin will be detailed out today and a few little thing to finish up. I will be posting pictures of the boat and the new porch with stairs. That came out very functional. Should be back in Montana by Friday.

captd
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a slow connection right now , but here is a shot while we were fixing the hose on "Lucky Fin" . I dont know how you folks live here with the sunshine and scenic beauty surrounding you . This Mercer Island place is a real dump !
Marc

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Cruise-Ship-4&id=small_21_ranger&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Or id that does not work , it is in the Cruise ship #4 album . Ill post more later.

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc - how about this? Laughing

Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pat , Jeff gave me your # Ill call ya and see if we can get together . Im here till Sat.
Marc
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wefings wrote:
I dont know how you folks live here with the sunshine and scenic beauty surrounding you . This Mercer Island place is a real dump !

I'll give you the scenic beauty part, but trust me...sunshine. You simply got lucky. This has been a fantastic stretch of dry, high pressure for October. By next week we could have a 1000 ft ceiling of gray and it will drizzle for 8 months straight. Cry The beauty will still be there, you just won't be able to see it through the clouds, rain & fog. Wink .

And yeah, Mercer Island is the ghetto. Laughing

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of

"At the Factory"

Would it be appropriate or possible in terms of time, for the Ranger Tug portion (only, perhaps) of the C-Brats to have a factory tour during the SBSCBGT?

Would those folks be interested?

Just a suggestion from a bystander.

(I realize they probably couldn't accommodate the entire C-Brat contingent.)

Joe, with too much time on his hands. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the new boat. If I correct 18. 5 miles an hour is 16 knots.

Just a question for the factory folks: At how many hours is it acceptable to take the engine up to max RPM?--3950 RPM?

Thanks.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
captd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,
In case the factory don't respond, I would make a comment. The factory in all cases runs every boat up to the max. In this case after the hose blew, Cummins was on board. To test it again we went pettle to the metal.
If we had not tested this boat wide open the hose would have been a weak spot that would have stopped a trip and would have needed a Sea Tow in a place where it might not have been so convenient. I don't imagine the factory or Cummins would recommend a high speed run for a long period of time.
captd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: