City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charley --
We use pocketmail.com -- find on Google. Good on any telephone, use an 800 number, and a fee of about $10.00/month with a $100 gadget. It doesn't get internet -- just email, send and receive. and you're right -- el and bill

Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El and Bill, I have a change in plans-again! I forgot that we are lending our tow vehical to a friend for a week starting June 22nd. My brother and I will leave from Steilacoom on the 24th. Because of the time frame and the distance, we may or may not get as far north as I had planned. So, don't plan on us being at Pender. Don't know if you will have a chance to pick up your e-mail before then, but have a wonderful time with your family. Look forward to meeting in the near future. Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred, Pat and Patti, how do we look now for meeting Bill and El June 25-27? I'm planning to be at Skyline Thursday night, then launching early Friday morning and running straight to Bedwell, depending on wind.

Fred, do you still have Thursday off? P&P, where art thee?
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Thursday off, not sure were I will end up Thursday night. Just waiting to see what other folks are up too.
Roberta any undate on your plans?
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current plan is to launch Thursday night the 24th at Twin Bridges, spend the night on the buoy out in front of David's at Guemes, head off bright and early for Bedwell Friday morning the 25th (with David, maybe David and Kate). Plans after that subject to discussion. Poke around the Penders? Motor over to Saanich and do Butchart? I hope the plans will include Montague and Ganges...BTW, last Sunday's Times travel section was all about the Gulf Islands, lots on the Penders and Saltspring Island.
Catman wrote:
Fred, Pat and Patti, how do we look now for meeting Bill and El June 25-27? I'm planning to be at Skyline Thursday night, then launching early Friday morning and running straight to Bedwell, depending on wind.

Fred, do you still have Thursday off? P&P, where art thee?

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give it only an outside shot of us getting to Bedwell on Friday or Saturday, if at all. It all depends on when I can get my reports done for school, and then the weather. It is a long run from Tacoma. Count us out, and if by chance we get there, we will keep an eye and an ear out for you.

I envy all of you that can be out in this wonderful weather. It is one glorious night tonight. I would give just about anything to be out on the water tomorrow. Enjoy if you can. Hot Robbi
Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Hello to the Pub from north of 48. Reply with quote

Hello to the Pub from north of 48
After a fairly long while of peering in the windows of the Pub and trying to decide if the patrons are friendly, (they sure seem to be, and they sure seem to be having a good time) I've decided to stroll on in, pull up a seat and order a cold one! Very Happy
I purchased a 1999 22 cruiser in may as an step up from my 1989 16 ft angler which I now have to sell and I wanted to say a big thank you to all the Pub Patrons for the great info you have provided me with. I've gained more knowledge on what works and what doesn't from peering in the Pub's windows that I could have from years of trial and error on my own.
Thanks everybody! Beer

Pat and the others that are heading to the Gulf Islands next week. If you do stop at Butchart Gardens there is a great little back door into the place. It has mooring bouys for a few boats, a dingy dock and dogs are welcome at Butchart. As well just in behind Butchart is Todd inlet which is a marine park and is a great place to anchor overnight. (no facilities) With good holding ground and great shelter and a good place to view the Butchart fireworks which unfortunately aren't on until July 3rd.

Another spot folks might try if they like to swim or have kids that like the beach is Sidney Spit Park. It is on Sidney Island just a short trip from the Port of Sidney, which also has a customs dock and is itself a great place to visit with a great marina and tons of book stores to wonder through.

I wish I could join you on the weekend but unfortunately work interferes. I hope the folks that are coming north, have a great time, great weather and a great trip to the "foreign country" next door.

Cheers
Ron
Catman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.C. Ron, I wondered who was fogging up the windows and leaving nose prints out there. Glad you decided to have a seat at the table. After all, we're neighbors, you know. And with you in here, we can brag that we're an international boat yak bunch. Make sure you join us at some point while we motor around your back yard.

Pat, saw the Times piece, thought it timely. We might cross wakes Friday morning, as I'll be leaving Skyline first thing. I've got just three days, so I won't be going down Saanich Inlet. I'll be over at the Penders and Ganges, with my eye on Montague Saturday afternoon and evening.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty here. (You'll soon find out, Ron, that my husband, Pat, does most of the posting so I like to identify my stuff) Welcome! We have a small vacation house at Birch Bay so maybe there will be an opportunity to connect with you up there sometime. Keep posting.
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks --
Back last night from our trip to the Alps and ready to head out on the water. We're a bit out of time synch with the jet lag but still plan to meet the crew up at Pender. Thanks for the tips about the Gardens, Ron, and hope to cross wakes with you as we head north after the 1st of July. Looking forward to seeing any and all up there at Bedwell on the 25th.
Bill & Ell

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)

Last edited by SENSEI on Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
El and Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS -- the above message is from El and Bill on Roger's computer -- so it's signed, Roger on Sensei and it should have been El and Bill -- so below is the message with the right sender identified.

Hi folks --
Back last night from our trip to the Alps and ready to head out on the water. We're a bit out of time synch with the jet lag but still plan to meet the crew up at Pender. Thanks for the tips about the Gardens, Ron, and hope to cross wakes with you as we head north after the 1st of July. Looking forward to seeing any and all up there at Bedwell on the 25th.
El and Bill
El and Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again --
A little more time-adjusted now. We plan to launch at Twin Bridges this afternoon between 4 and 5 to be on the rise of that mid-day minus tide. Then off to Sucia this evening and chugging around the island marine parks a few weeks with the grandkids. We plan to meet up with the "gang" up at Pender on the 25th. We can be reached via Rodger (Sensei) through our cell phone if anyone would like to join up sooner with us.
We still figure on a run north for a few weeks through the Gulf Islands to Desolation and Princess Louisa about the first of July. If others are thinking of going about then, we enjoy the company. Drop a line on this site and we'll check in with Roger on when we come back from the Grandkid trip. El and Bill
Catman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, El and Bill. I imagine you had quite a trip in Europe. I'd like to hear about it next week.

Looks like it's Bedwell, Friday the 25th. Can't wait. I know of three boats, maybe four, that will join you.
Catman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill and El, Fred and I are meeting around Spencer Spit, or Lopez Landing Friday morning around 9:15 a.m. Including dink-around time we should be at Bedwell before noon, if winds cooperate.

Beer Guy and crab wife Patti: Hope to see you on the way. I'll be leaving Skyline about 8:23 a.m.
Clock
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other beer guy here (David) and the elusive Kate will be accompanying Daydream for one night at S. Pender. At least so Kate says. If it is to crummy weather wise I she will not be interested so I told her I would stay for a couple of days if I go up alone.

Daydream and Anna Leigh are planning on departing Cooks Cove, Guemes Is. about 9am.

Bringing along a mixed case of 22 oz brewkies.

Installed the two under the counter stacked baskets today. These are made for the 22' C-Dory. Very cool use of space.

Pics to follow.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: