The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Photo Album Quandry
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportner wrote:
How do you change a photo from bmp format to jpeg? Are jpeg formated photos the only ones that can be posted? I get frustrated sometimes too, its a learn as you go process for me, I've never taken a class but I enjoy using the computer....untill it stops being fun.

Just about any graphics program will save a BMP image to a JPG image. Open the BMP image then save as a JPG image.

You can upload GIF images to your photo album also.

________
Dave
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike-Remember Senor Wences on the Ed Sullivan show? "For you easy. For me deeefeecult."

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori Ann wrote:
Have you tried using the Gallery Remote application? This is the applet (big) in the second tab when you click on "add photos". It works well for me.

Warren

Warren

At least you helped Mike. With me it says my java script has a error, so my photo posting trouble is due to personal computer problems.

thanks,

Jay

Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunkydory wrote:
Lori Ann wrote:
Have you tried using the Gallery Remote application? This is the applet (big) in the second tab when you click on "add photos". It works well for me.

Warren

Warren

At least you helped Mike. With me it says my java script has a error, so my photo posting trouble is due to personal computer problems.

thanks,

Jay

Warren

Tried it one more time. Think with your help just might have it figured out. I may be slow but usually make up for it with persistence.

Much much thanks,

Jay
dotnmarty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK-I'm sure there is a way to post pictures using Applets big and Java and some other stuff I know absolutely nothing about. But how come I used to be able to add pictures simply by chosing the picture I wanted from 'my pictures' and uploading it to the album and now I can't? How come? Explain that to me. Confused .
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: Wilbur
Photos: Da Boats
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Nerd is on Da Vacation. No time for hand holding. Will investigate when convenient, but not before next week.

For those of you frustrated, mad, possibly foaming around the mouth a little...please submit a request, and we'll cheerfully refund your C-Brat monthly dues.

And if that doesn't sound harsh enough, here's the ultimate nerd brush-off...i just uploaded pics, and it works fine for me. Mr. Green

Smuttynose

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Snap Out Of It
Photos: Snap Out Of It
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Photo Album Reply with quote

Sarge (and all helpful comments)

I was able to add an album, delete, add, etc. my photos by NOT using AOL. Some of the suggestions still have not worked on my Mac. Your kind words gave me the energy to keep trying.

David
drjohn71a

City/Region: Wichita
State or Province: KS
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Tom-a-Hawk
Photos: Tom-a-Hawk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty,

I don't know what computer system you are using, but my Windows XP uploads pics with no problems as long as I pick 5 or less at a time.

Maybe your 'puter has some anti virus or anti pop-up feature activated that is messing things up.

I just click on"add photos", the window pops up with 5 blank lines and a "Browse" tab. Click on the "Browse" tab and find your actual photo there(this means the detailed, exact file name under the correct folder, drive, etc.) , then double click on the photo's file name, which should put into the blank area on the left the COMPLETE list of c:/ folder/folder/file/ pictureIWant.pdf.

what format is your picture in? You know, the last three letters after the last period? You may have to convert your photo to "___.pdf" or something like that. Are you using an iMac?

I just uploaded a half dozen last week and no problem on the site's functin to my notice.

Good luck,

John
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Downloading photos Reply with quote

I had thought that using low resolution photos was best for this program and set my 3.3 mega pixel camera to the lowest resolution for my recent series of posts on TC-255 storage. Everything worked fine. But... I realized that some other photos at 8.3 mega pixels in the highest resolution downloaded perfectly fine too. It just took longer to resize them. Sounds like Windows XP may be the secret. Sorry Mac Guys!

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
Doryman

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lori Ann
Photos: Lori Ann
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Downloading photos Reply with quote

Dreamer wrote:
I had thought that using low resolution photos was best for this program and set my 3.3 mega pixel camera to the lowest resolution for my recent series of posts on TC-255 storage. Everything worked fine. But... I realized that some other photos at 8.3 mega pixels in the highest resolution downloaded perfectly fine too. It just took longer to resize them. Sounds like Windows XP may be the secret. Sorry Mac Guys!

Roger, what you wrote was somewhat ambiguous, so my apologies if you already know this but...

You should resize the photos before uploading. It is possible to have the Brat site resize when displaying but that is inefficient, both in terms of upload time and server (display) time. Not to mention using more storage on the server.

Warren

TomCat 255, Hull #55, 150 Yamahas
Anacortes, WA
dotnmarty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might as well tell you up front because you are not going to believe it-I actually successfully uploaded pictures to the Lizzie album. Of course it did entail reading the instructions, something I rarely do. But, thanks to the skill (and patience) of Warren and Dr. John, I (we) made it happen. I do have to admit that I also included Dr Tyboo Mike's entreaty about talking nice to the recalcitrant party. Heck it worked when I couldn't start my kicker, so I tried it on my computer. Wa-la (French for Shazam), up and in they went. Appelets Big I am your master! OK, what's next!?

MartyP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: