Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smittypaddler

City/Region: Neenah, Wisconsin
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Na Waqa
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Take it slow! Reply with quote

Be sure to allow plenty of time, and take time to smell the roses. I did The Loop in 6 months, and regret going so fast. There's so much I missed! I just got back from the St Johns River in Florida, which I passed by on my Loop. You could easily spend 2 months on the St Johns. And there are other places I missed, like Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia, and the Richelieu, and the Trent-Severn, and on and on. You'll regret it if you don't take your time.

BTW, one item of equipment I didn't have on my Loop that I've since added and consider invaluable is a small Honda generator. It makes me much more flexible. I can now anchor out more often, because I can charge my own house batteries (2 deep-cycle type 27s). The Honda 1000 is a little small, but if the weather gets really hot, I can even run the small window air conditioner that fits in the forward window. The 2000 would let me run more electrical stuff simultaneously, be it's much heavier than the 1000, and won't fit aft of the porta-potti in the forward cabin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bill Uffelman

City/Region: Las Vegas
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a posted 700 pound CD 16 capacity I can see putting all the cruising items (including crew) on the scale as you decide what you need to take -- sorry dear you don't get to go! Presumably the Coast Guard would not reduce the load capacity by the weight of an added camper back.

Guess the 700 pound capacity gives an added incentive to the C-Brats Biggest Loser effort -- increase the non-crew net capacity of the CD 16!

Bill Uffelman
Las Vegas NV
Simplicity

City/Region: Chipley
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Simplicity
Photos: Simplicity
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: CD16 Reply with quote

Roger,
We are currently in progress cruising the Great Loop in our 23. As Bill and El say KISS. You can follow our adventure on my blog. http://voyageofsimplicity.blogspot.com
We have really enjoyed being smaller and cruising in places the bigger boats can't go. For example, we were able to go up the Swannee River in Florida pass Fanning Springs. Saw some beautiful springs and tied up to the State Park docks.

Happy Cruising
Linda and ALan
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: CD16 Reply with quote

More pictures, please!

Simplicity wrote:
Roger,
We are currently in progress cruising the Great Loop in our 23. As Bill and El say KISS. You can follow our adventure on my blog. http://voyageofsimplicity.blogspot.com
We have really enjoyed being smaller and cruising in places the bigger boats can't go. For example, we were able to go up the Swannee River in Florida pass Fanning Springs. Saw some beautiful springs and tied up to the State Park docks.

Happy Cruising
Linda and ALan

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: