Levity

City/Region: Shippensburg
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Levity
Photos: Levity
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello C-Dory friends. During the past 23 years I have earned a living as a sales representitive for a pharmaceutical company. My wife has taught 4th grade at an elementary school housed on a university campus (lab school) for 18 years.
My extracarricular activities during the past 23 years include election to the post of city councilman (two terms, council president for one term). I have also bought, rehabbed, rented, then sold several buildings and a farm. Once in a while I get lucky and earn a few dollars in the market. Mostly, we are careful with what we earn and just do the best we can with what we have. Getting our C-Dory is one result of this care. When the breeze is right, I can smell a change (retirement) out there.

Levity's Michael Xmas LOL
Leo Smith

City/Region: West Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: Leo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi C-Brats,
I have an architectural practice in West Seattle. The focus of my work is all types of single-family residential projects, including additons, remodels, and new homes. My projects are located all over the greater Puget Sound region. Most days, my work is very enjoyable and doesn't feel like work at all!
My wife has been a classroom teacher for 13 years and has recently become the computer lab instructor and network administrator of her school. In our spare time we enjoy boating and camping. Our goal for 2004 is to spend more time on the water and more time camping.
Hope to meet you at an upcoming C-Brat event.
Best Regards, Leo.

Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy C-Brats and Happy New Year! I'm a foreign policy guy, currently working in the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Office of Antiterrorism Assistance. We provide training and equipment for foreign law enforcement and security agencies to help them protect our embassies and prevent terrorism. Travel this past 18 months has been to Afghanistan (twice), Colombia, Turkey, Botswana, South Africa and Kenya. Iraq is likely for late January. Can't tell you how enjoyable it is to get online and check in with the C-Brat site from some of these far-off places -- reminds me of what we are fighting for. Other jobs in past have been with House and Senate foreign relations committees, AmeriCares (relief organization), landscaping, and a stint as a deckhand on a 93-foot private sailing yacht. My wife is a writer who works on contract jobs from home while being a superb mother to our two girls, six and three.
All the best, Tom

Chuck S

City/Region: Cleveland
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Amelia Anne
Photos: Amelia Anne
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Way!

-- Chuck
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intended to do this a few weeks ago but didn't get around to it. The purchase of our beloved R-Matey is the result of work coming through the door at our metal polishing shop located in Marysville, WA. Just a Mom & Pop business specializing in small parts such as automotive stainless trim, Harley misc., some marine and some aircraft. Usually we're very busy with maybe a bit of slowdown around October but that changes from year to year. We're looking forward to retirement and doing some serious exploring with the R-Matey. Joe's always wanted to go up the Coquille River (Coos County, OR) and we'd like to visit Campbell River, BC. So much to do, so little time.

Joe and Ruth
R-Matey
Wheeler Dealer

City/Region: Wheeler, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Denebola
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I started out as a motocross racer until I married my lovely bride, (Terrie) and we decided to start a family(1979). She was a radio personality (fancy title for DJ) at the top rock station in Portland OR. I went down the path of Irrigation Contractor until I broke my back and spent a year looking at the ceiling,(1990). Needing to use the brain and not the brawn, I joined a young startup private computer training college in their sales and marketing dept. and ended up as an Executive Director for one of their campuses in Portland. Working 24/7 was quickly augering me into the ground so I set off for other pastures on Sept. 10 2001 Shocked . GREAT TIMING! Cry Oh yeah, had a heart attack 2 months later Shocked Angry Shocked Unlove Rose .

Currently Terrie is a regional marketing director for a chain of private colleges, been there 8 years but has the itch to set sail for something else. I'm currently the Membership Director for a semi-private country club in Gresham OR. Sell memberships and play free golf for work; fish and crab for fun. I don't know if it gets any better Rainbow . We bought a little place in Wheeler OR. 5 years ago, (plan to retire there) and now have the "Denebola" Star there and will most of the year except for occasional walleye trips up the Columbia in the future.

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeler Dealer wrote:
We bought a little place in Wheeler OR. 5 years ago, (plan to retire there) and now have the "Denebola" Star there and will most of the year except for occasional walleye trips up the Columbia in the future.

You'll have to also include "occasional" trips to several of the many C-Dory Gatherings in Washington.

C-Brat #16
wilbe asea

City/Region: Kenai
State or Province: AK
Vessel Name: Sunset Ride
Photos: Sunset Ride
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: How I earn a living Reply with quote

For the last 25 years I have been employed in the oil and gas field service industry for the same company cementing well casings and pumping liquid nitrogen. I have worked on platforms in Cook Inlet, remote gas and oil fields across Cook Inlet and also near the Arctic Ocean and the Chukchi Sea, in addition to Prudhoe Bay, Kuparuk, Alpine etc. etc. etc. I have lived in Kenai since 1979, and bought my house in 1981, which I finished paying for in 2001. That gave me the money I needed to buy the Sunset Ride, which my wife and I have found to be unbelievably fun.
Casey

City/Region: The Villages(FL)
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: "Dessert 1st"
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent twenty years as a Ranger with the National Park Service (ranged from flying in Alaska to boating in the Florida Keys...), then transferred to US Department of the Treasury (FLETC) to do law enforcement training in Brunswick, GA for 11 years. Retired from that in April 1998. Went motorhoming. Built a house. Got "mobilized" by the Army in March 2002 for two years, and hope to get re-retired in March 2004! Bought "Naknek" (CD22) in July 2003 and God willing we will explore the Inside Passage again, the summer of 2004 (we hope). After that - who knows?

Sandy is the personable and employable one in the family. She's worked from banks to bartending, construction to cosmetology. Final job was as a Episcopal Parish secretary on St. Simons Island, GA. She shares the wanderlust affliction with me: Wondering what's around the next bend, in the next harbor, the other side of the mountain, etc. ...all in search of the World's best pizza, and nice people! (Nice to have goals in Life, but we're still wondering what we'll do when we grow up!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: