The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Dory Competitors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice boat that we looked at was the haber craft King fisher. http://www.harbercraft.com/ . this is another really great northwest cruiser/ fishing boat. it comes is several sizes and is trailerable. it a little more of a go fast boat then the c-dory but thats always good for me.
yankeefan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are 2 I bet you haven't thought of—

In one of David's more "creative" (some might "wacky") moments, he proposed that we consider, either a MacGregor 19 or 26X Powersailer.

Since I don't know how to sail, I have opposed this, on the fundamental principle that I should be able to take the helm with some confidence, if something ever happens to David out on the water. David's response has been, "so we'll strip–off all the sailing gear & leave it in the garage — besides look @ all the cabin space they have, plus enclosed heads. It's alot for the money, Sweetie!" OK, so I'm willing to concede that he's right about the space, the privacy & the price is right. NOTE: The Mac 19 is out of production. Good used Mac 19s range from $4,500–9,500 w/a 2 or 4–cycle 40hp outboard. 2 versions of the Mac 26M have replaced the 26X which can be had used from roughly $15,000–$30,000+, depending upon age, options & power (usually 50 hp). In terms of performance under power the speed & fuel economy of these Macs is +/– 75–80% as good as a comparably sized CD.

Still, I bet no one else here considered buying a motorsailer & using it strictly as a powerboat!

Well I am married to the original outside the box thinker,
Sandy
luckily I love him CoolSmile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: