The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Canvas Work
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
416rigby

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Foggy Dew
Photos: Foggy Dew
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kudos for our canvas. We looked through every album here and asked a lot of questions of owners. Nick on Valkyrie was helpful. A few of things to consider:

If you are tall, make sure you can stand up under your canvas. Get it made taller than you are.

Freestanding with stainless poles will be better and more durable.

I prefer the canvas to go all the way around the stern to enclose the laz access. That way you have acces to your stuff without opening the zippers in the rain.Makes the living space bigger when you're camped out in rain or cold weather. Not so confined feeling.

The removable front piece is great to inprove air flow and allows acces to rocket launcher if you have the bimini up when fishing.

Get doors on both sides for dock access.

Allow clearance for items like downriggers, etc.

And for goodness sake, get windows big enough to actually see out of. It's nice to sit back on the hook and look outside in the evenings and have a good view of the scenery. Drop curtains are easy to use for privacy when you want it.

Lesson learned...if I had it to do over again, I'd get the aft panel split vertically with a roll up door for access to the swim step instead of the fold back style we have. It would be easier to use. Oh, well, we can always have that remedied later on. I don't think we'll be doing much swimming when we move to Port Angeles anyway!

It's not cheap, but get what you want right up front, you'll never be sorry.

Rick

At last...home for good in the Great Northwest!

2001 22 Cruiser "Foggy Dew" 2006-2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: