The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

CD Add Ons
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: CD Add Ons Reply with quote

CD's always seem to perform larger than the number feet they are in length and IMHO the following 4 items make the CD 22 even better:

Wallas stove - isn't it great for lengthening the season.

Barber Chair - I just completed my conversion to the Barber chair last month. Thanks Mike for pioneering the design. It really makes a difference in the passengers enjoyment.

Trim Tabs - added Bennets last month as well. What a difference in ride.

Floor boards - These should be a standard item, especially on the wet coast!

Those are my favorites. What's yours?

Ron
Billy

City/Region: Chugiak
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Beer:thirty
Photos: Beer:Thirty
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: CD Add ons Reply with quote

Beer

Billy
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear you guys have got a one track mind. Of all the photos I posted of our cruise on the NW shore of Lake Superior this summer, the one that got the most hits was of our using our downrigger to cool a six-pack in the icy waters! LOL
Al on the MOOSE
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: CD Add Ons Reply with quote

VHF radio
GPS Color Chartplotter
Camperback
Windlass
Radar

Daydream has all of your favs except the floorboards, and all of the above except radar (maybe for my next birthday or when we get socked in, whichever occurs first...) Actually, the brown truck just delivered the windlass (Horizon 600) and it is on the kitchen table at the moment, but it will be installed the first week of November.

A definite would-like is a swim step ala Super Sized Sea Shift...a small custom swim step that fits on a transom with twin outboards. I have been in the water, tired and trying to get back up a standard swim ladder, this is really a life-safety thing.

And, of course, beer!

Ron on Meander wrote:
CD's always seem to perform larger than the number feet they are in length and IMHO the following 4 items make the CD 22 even better:

Wallas stove - isn't it great for lengthening the season.

Barber Chair - I just completed my conversion to the Barber chair last month. Thanks Mike for pioneering the design. It really makes a difference in the passengers enjoyment.

Trim Tabs - added Bennets last month as well. What a difference in ride.

Floor boards - These should be a standard item, especially on the wet coast!

Those are my favorites. What's yours?

Ron

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two full tanks of gas, a couple of dogs, and Monday off!
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Regarding the swim platform Reply with quote

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that in an emergency if your engine is off or in nuetral that you can step on the little step above the prop and press the tilt button on the motor. That will raise you up enough to step into the transom and into to boat. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it should work.
UncleRichie

City/Region: Bainbridge Is.
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: C-Critter
Photos: C-Critter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: swim ladder Reply with quote

Pat,
You have to put down the beer before using the ladder.

Richard
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: swim ladder Reply with quote

Hmmm...I never thought of that.

UncleRichie wrote:
Pat,
You have to put down the beer before using the ladder.

Richard
dan365

City/Region: Port Orchard
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two most important features for me have been the two that I almost didn't get. The floor boards seemed like they took up space but I love them - the wallas stove was a lot of money but I couldn't be without it and its only October.

The one thing that I really thought I needed was the camper canvas - which has never been used.

Dan
CheckRaise

City/Region: Kingston, WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: CheckRaise
Photos: CheckRaise
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Great thread Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy my first C-Dory, a new one, and this thread is priceless. I was just looking at the options and wondering what I could and couldn't live without, and voila! Thanks, all.

john
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you guys & gals like, plus a storage cover.
Brat #483
"Jenny B" 2005 C-22/F75 sold, Oct. 2008
"C-Brat" 1993 C-16 angler/50 hp
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan - your profile evidently does not have your location - the camperback (camper canvas) is really great here in the rainy Pacific Northwest (aka Upper Left Coast) - it is just as essential as the Wallas to extending the season, and our only regret was that we did not have it the first year...the floor boards we do not have and have not missed them so far...

dan365 wrote:
The two most important features for me have been the two that I almost didn't get. The floor boards seemed like they took up space but I love them - the wallas stove was a lot of money but I couldn't be without it and its only October.

The one thing that I really thought I needed was the camper canvas - which has never been used.

Dan
C-Puffin

City/Region: Issaquah
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: C-Puffin
Photos: C-Puffin
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we've had our boat for a few months now and I could not live without the Wallas stove. I wasn't sold on it at first, but after our most recent trip to the Gulf Islands in October I would say it's a must have unless you only plan to boat in the summer.

We also use our camper back all the time. It really does extend your cabin if it's rainy. We also like to have a nice shady spot to hang out on a hot day when you don't want to be inside.

We like to do our own cooking, so we got a nice grill with a rail mount and we use it practically every time we are out.

I have to say the things I really wouldn't be without are a GPS and radar. So easy to navigate in unfamiliar territory with the GPS and the radar takes the stress out of getting through the fog.

Oh, and maybe it's a female thing, but the stand up head and shower make boating so much more enjoyable to me. Our last boat had a portapotty which was okay, but this is really great. All the comforts of home.

Laurie from C-Puffin
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another wet coaster( but with a C-Dory 19) I would not be without the camperback. It is great when it is rainy, and or damp in the evening when staying on board. This summer when we had those 95 degree days, the top provided much needed shade. One add on that I am just about ready to spring for is a Dickinson Newport propane fireplace. (The P9000)http://www.dickinsonmarine.com/shop5/shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalogid=30 This is a small unit 14"H, 8.5"W,5.5"D, that can put out up to 9000 Btu's of dry heat. Sweet Very Happy

Two other musts for me, a GPS, and the swimstep.

Love my boat, Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
dan365

City/Region: Port Orchard
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I've not had much luck revising my profile - I'll try again.

I live in Port Orchard, on the west edge of Puget Sound. My problem or reason for lack of use with the camper back canvas has been that my primary use for the boat thus far has been fishing. Even the Bimini is a problem because it needs to be thrown back when a fish is caught or when working the down riggers. Unless it is fastened down at the stern a stiff wind will slam it back against the cabin.

I can see that if we were cruisers it would be a good thing; the bimini. Maybe even the camper back for overnighters, etc. But then of course you have to find a place to store it in the boat when you don't want it up.

So, its too early to tell for me. We've had the camper back since August and never had it on - used the bimini several times but finally I removed it this weekend because I was fishing alone and it was just a pain with the downriggers in a wind...

The floor boards on the other hand - keep my feet dry - no visible water in the cockpit and the floor is flat. But, I've never not had them in so I can't really compare.

That's a cool looking propane heater. But I thought propane was full of moisture...?

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: