The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

"C-Dory RedFox" and her projects...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redバx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning! Ray, yes, your good! Smile I'd love to be doing this fabing full time and just might get my wish! I have been burned-out on mechanics for quite some time now! Crying or Very sad Getting more and more tooled-up for fabrication brings its own rewards! I love it, my heart is in this 100%. Love Maybe I will produce a few prefab boat-goodies some day -- like when we get resettled! I'm planning on it, probably try patenting some designs, to safeguard them from being reproduced in the "slave labor camps" overseas, and sold for a buck. Thumbs Down

Steve. That sheet is "Starboard" aka "Seaboard". A great eternal-material alright, but heavy! @ 52 pounds... I might be replacing it some day! Gonna give it a good think first, and probably find a good use for the sheet I take out. That sheet is just the right width! not just 4x8.
Going to make a web-page telling about some of the things one can do with that design, and have some descriptions to go with it.. you know I have my fun doing so. Very Happy

I hope the Brats forgive me for not being so active on the boards here. Neutral I really have been trying to limit my internet time - getting fatter and fatter sitting in this puter-chair is not doing my ego much good these days ---- LOL! Embarassed side, I'm sure most here would rather not have me posting and sounding like a "broken record" all the time .... "out with e-tech, in with the big Yamahas" Razz hehehehehe me bad Embarrased
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seabran wrote:
Gregg,
very nice looking top! what is the covering material for the top?
It looks like it could be fiberglass.

Steve

Earlier on in one of his first pages, Greg indicated that the top material is a starboard equivalent - 1/2" thick.

Salmon Slayer

City/Region: Juneau, Alaska
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1981
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Holly May
Photos: Holly May
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg:

If you were talking about selling the platform you have over your outboards (that you had the cargo carrier mounted to) I am definitely interested.

I would need it shipped to Juneau tho.

Andy

Where did all those years go?
Redバx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo.... you got it Andy! Mr. Green .... since your the first, I'll let you have it. A hundred fifty bucks, and whatever the shipping is.
How soon you need it... we may be on the ferry heading to (top secret location) but probably stopping by Juneau like the ferry routs always do out of Hains Exclamation That will be early April, if we do this early trip. If there is any doubt about our departure, I'll let ya know...

Hey, sorry I booted ya off my site bud... cabin fever has been makin me kinda ornery this winter, and I thought ya didn't like us anymore... Embarrased (daooh)! Embarassed now that I know your OK again -- sign back on! hehehehe Bat

Exclamation Roger. I am going to have to check for that error... it is only 1/4 inch thick... daooh!
Redバx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pix... I have it off now. Weighs-in @ 42 pounds. Can be lightened-up some, if you substitute that wood with aluminum! - the thing is indestructible! My buddy Fatso and his son once took a spin up there out of Homer one year (now that's putting it to-the-test) Disgust
Crook
Here are the pix:

Just paint it, she'll purdy-up nice Razz
Redバx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mig-welded it several years ago with my old "Lincoln SA 200"
Material: anodized aluminum window casing (back when I was poor) Smile well... still am Smile
Salmon Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding Greg!

April should be fine or I can pay the shipping; your call. If you send me an e-mail with your mailing address I will send you a check now (if you are going to ship it include that amount too) because I have to keep things tidyed up. I am heading for the desert again this summer (need to pay for the radar; replenish the travel budget etc.) and I am not sure exactly when I leave.

Glad you let me back on your site; I travel alot and cant always log on because I cant be surfing the web on government computers!

Thanks again.

Andy
Redバx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too kewl Andy! Gee, I have not even been on my site to let ya back on! Embarrased LOL going there next...

I was thinking I might just want to get that puppy shipped to ASAP! we might not know weather we are going on this "spring trip" or not, right up to the last minute. arrg! I bet your gettin spring fever like me, and would like to start putting that rack on soon.

Deb and I are really pushing to get the rear-section done on my hard-top project this week, otherwise I could just ship the thing tomorrow. Have any shipping ideas here Question Idea I generally don't have to send things out, only recieve.

I'll be in touch on your email later.

Greg
Salmon Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Greg:

I have spring fever in a big way, its been sunny and warm down here and we already have Rhubarb comming up (alas, only to be killed off the next hard freeze). Mon bateau r馗lame moi et veut prendre un voyage !

We usually ship Alaska Air Cargo, they are located on the left as you are going towards the airport (I think its the last stop light before you get to the arriving/departing lane split). I shipped a 4hp Evinrude outboard this summer from Anchorage to Juneau and it was only about $50.00. Its pretty cheap if you dont need it express and they ship virtually anything.

Andy
Redバx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! that is what I'll do then. Saves me time from doing the footwork otherwise.
Email works, I got yours today, we'll work it out from there my friend. Email

And congrats! you have the famous RedFox carrier rack hauler thinghy! Smile I can't live without one... almost have the new one done Rainbow
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY!

We want an update.
Get some more pics up there.
I wanna see it loaded up and trippin.
Can you put a box of cigars on that thing?
Can you tie them down?
Are you takin notes for mine?
can you wait for me to hit the lotto?

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you better be delivering that rack thing and checking out that new rack and taking lots of pictures.

I am really looking forward to the reports and to seeing the final product in pictures.

Maybe he Tigged himself to the rack? Xmas Naughty
Redバx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Ray old bud ... it is there baby Love check it out. I took all the old construction-pages down, and have just one now.
Now I have another journal to edit... I'll be busy as hell again Crying or Very sad wish I could yak more on all the sites right now Embarrased
Take care Brats. Enjoy and be inspired!
Hey, I think I need a manager for my creations ... whatayasay Teeth

http://www.msnusers.com/C-DoryRedFox/hardtop.msnw
Norm S

City/Region: Tacoma Wa
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 18 Angler
Vessel Name: The Divine Miss C
Photos: The Divine Miss C
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!! What a stunning piece of craftsmanship. To say I'm impressed would be the understatement of the year. Makes me want to go out and buy a TIG. I'm sure you could have a steady gig building Red Fox goodies for C-dorys if you wanted to. There are lots of guys that can build things but damn few artists out there. I can hardly wait for the next installment. Keep up the beautiful work.
Norm

rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

Great work. I really like how you handled both the front and rear supports. Looks like things should still be plenty serviceable for fishing. If a fish runs hard from port to starboard, you might have to pass the rod around the rear supports but that looks managable. Most of the time though, the rear supports are completely out of the way - nice!

With the present configuration, where does rain the hits the top run to? Do you have it tiltle a little forward or aft?

Also, I assume that the choice of the side support rails (e.g. with holes) is so that later you can hang other things (like perhaps canvas or maybe even a hammock) from the underside. It's difficult to tell from the photos how much weight those rails/holes would support but I could see a lot of potential uses for them if the can hold significant weight:
1) The aforementioned hammock idea - I could see lazin' suspended back there.
2) A boom for pulling crab pots.
3) A place to attach a canvas canopy
4) Hangers for spare lines, fishing poles, etc (injun candy?)

I'm sure you have many more ideas, but I like what you've done! Also, I agree that there are many of us (including me) who would like to buy such a beast if you ever decide to go into "production".

Best,
Roger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: