The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Trailering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always tell a jeep owner.....you just cant tell him much!!!
Shocked
My wifes toyota has 295,000 miles and a lot of that is over the rubicon. Ahe even installed her own lift kit and is the only one of your wheeling friends not to roll over. If I can get another 100,000 out of the ford I will have here beat!! Thumbs Up

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Towing Reply with quote

teflonmom wrote:
My son towed a 6500 boat with his 4.3 V6. It was in the small GMC Van and had the factory tow package and the 4:10 rear.

So did I.....with a Chevy Astro Van towing the former "Sea Shift" (a 16' Cruiser) to the Shasta Lake Gathering a few years back. Ended up having the blown Astro Van and boat towed away. Purchased another Astro Van (to keep my wife happy). Then purchased the Dodge Cummins as my wife won't allow any more towing with an Astro Van. (In the long run, I got the "much better deal"! ....'course had to move up to the 22' cruiser. Wink

C-Brat #16
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Towing Reply with quote

DaveS wrote:
teflonmom wrote:
My son towed a 6500 boat with his 4.3 V6. It was in the small GMC Van and had the factory tow package and the 4:10 rear.

So did I.....with a Chevy Astro Van towing the former "Sea Shift" (a 16' Cruiser) to the Shasta Lake Gathering a few years back. Ended up having the blown Astro Van and boat towed away. Purchased another Astro Van (to keep my wife happy). Then purchased the Dodge Cummins as my wife won't allow any more towing with an Astro Van. (In the long run, I got the "much better deal"! ....'course had to move up to the 22' cruiser. Wink

But the 16 on a trailer weighs less than 1600 lbs. Hard to believe that was the cause of the van's demise. Are you sure you didn't have a hand in that just to convince the wife of the upgrade to the truck which you knew could later result in the upgrade to the bigger boat? Laughing Mr. Green

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Towing Reply with quote

rogerbum wrote:

But the 16 on a trailer weighs less than 1600 lbs. Hard to believe that was the cause of the van's demise. Are you sure you didn't have a hand in that just to convince the wife of the upgrade to the truck which you knew could later result in the upgrade to the bigger boat? Laughing Mr. Green

I'll admit that the van had a few miles on it, but I did believe it to be in better shape than average. Since, Carol REALLY liked the Astro Van and she was in Florida at the time, I had no choice but to purchase another Astro Van. and the newer van did pull the 16' back from California over the pass with little problem. Yes, we did have designs on a "bigger boat" and certainly after that experience I had NO problem in convincing her of the need for a Dodge Diesel......in her words......"either buy a new truck or sell the boat"....definitely a no brainer. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: