Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recon, Lyle. We'll get those buggers pinpointed next week. Thumbs Up
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: I'm out Reply with quote

Sorry guys... Too much in the don't go column

Finals at school, wifes birthday and Christmas funds just to name a few.
I am looking forward to getting up there but I can't afford the new Dodge just yet....

I want to read a full report with Pics tough...

True Story, I know a few spots on the Columbia too and love that Springer fishing. I have a system for hoglining that works pretty durn good too.

Keep in touch and we'll have to go do it.

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray

I just heard a big sigh of relief coming from at least a dozen Puget Sound Blackmouth. We'll have to hook up on another trip. Wink
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we were stopped at a rest area off I-5 today, I got a call on my cell phone from Helen O Larry. I couldn't make out a word he was saying, and then the call disconnected. A ways down the road, I called him back. He said he saw us on the southbound side of the freeway while he was heading north. Cool. When I called him, he said he was just pulling into Annabelle's driveway, or something like that. Maybe it was Arebella's. Anyhow, he said he was going fishing.

Hope the bunch of you have a great time! The weather up there was fantastic today. Dusty really did fix it for me!

lyle-t

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Scorpio
Photos: Scorpio
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
Glad to see you got your baby home safe. Now the fun begins for all the Jewelry to get installed.
I am looking forward to hooking up with Larry Sunday night or Monday morning. I am going to call him tomorrow and find out what he has been doing. The weather here has been good at our house but that is 45 miles from Gig Harbour. Have fun with TyBOO Very Happy Later Lyle

City/Region: Snoqualmie
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: True Story
Photos: True Story
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mr. Fisherman, I would jump at a chance to check out how you fish for Springers in your CD. I think I have the gear necessary to anchor during the outgoing including a sand anchor, anchor puller, buoy, wind socks, etc. and I should have most of the fishing gear. Can already picture myself anchored up, cooking breakfast and waiting for the takedown.

It's a few months off yet, but I will definitely keep in touch. Thanks for your offer. Tim
Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fried potatoes, scrambled eggs, Cheese and Smoked Salmon, Yummy! Cathlamete was GREAT! Bald eagles flew overhead as I cooked up chow for Lyle and me. My fishing pole is working over the current trying for another Salmon while I cook and watch the Eagles... It was fantastic!

Durn red X.

Click this, it ain't purty but it will get you there.

http://groups.msn.com/CBratsOnline/cathlamet.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2827

Have spatula, will travel.

Remember this day Lyle?
lyle-t

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Scorpio
Photos: Scorpio
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,
YES Wink I sure do. That was one real fun day. We will have to do that again soon. Crying or Very sad I sure missed having you come up to Gig Harbour with us this week. Not too many salmon caught, A lot of bottom fish and one sand shark Crook + ONE DUCK Embarrased caught by Larry. I am going back tomorrow and see if we cannot rectify that Salmon catching. Water was beautiful Thumbs Up yesterday and most of today. Got a little rough at 2:30 but with that nice 25 C-Dory of Larrys it was DUCK soup ( HEE HEE ) getting home. We saw one C-Dory at Gig Harbour this morning a black trim 22 footer with his old year tags remounted below the black trim right rear of his boat. They were was still asleep when we went out at 7:00 am and gone when we got back so we did not get to talk with them. Well off to replenish the tackle box for tomorrow Good night All.
True Story

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Sekiu Derby, Presidents Day Weekend Reply with quote

Thought I'd let the rest of you know that there is a Blackmouth Salmon Derby in Sekiu (Straight of Juan de Fuca) on Presidents Day weekend in February. Fishing can be fair to good provided the weather is reasonable. Last years winning fish for this early derby was over 20lbs with the rest of the money fish in the high to mid-teens. I believe the larger fish caught that time of year are early spring kings heading for the Frazier. They also have a later spring derby in April in which all of the money fish last year were in the twenty's.

We are definitely going providing snow is not in the forecast. If anyone else is interested and needs information, give me a holler.
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sekiu Derby, Presidents Day Weekend Reply with quote

[quote="True Story"]Thought I'd let the rest of you know that there is a Blackmouth Salmon Derby in Sekiu (Straight of Juan de Fuca) on Presidents Day weekend in February.

Is that the same derby that Cynthia of C'Lou put all those guys to shame by "out catching them"? Embarassed

C-Brat #16
True Story

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Dave S, I'm not familiar with the Cynthia/C-Lou story. There was a couple of other CD's fishing the April derby. I do know that a guy by the name of DUWAYNE won the earlier derby last year with his brother taking second and then this DUWAYNE took third in the April derby. Thats over $2,000 between the two of them. I did round up a picture of this guy and I am now carefully developing a plan to identify his boat including planting a gps transponder so I never lose track of the guy Twisted Evil
Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, C-Lou and I haven't fished the Sekiu derby yet. Cynthia got her fame at the Port Angeles halibut derby in June. The Sekiu derby does sound interesting but usually we'll fish the local "Winter Hole" in P.A. for blackmouth.
Jon
kingfisher

City/Region: Gig Harbor, WA
Vessel Name: Misbehavin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Folks,

I have been out this past weekend for black mouth in south sound, Green point, S. Tip of Fox Island. Fished 35'-100' w/ no action....sure was a beautiful day though. Any feed back on the Gig Harbor area on the activity level?

New to the "Brat-Pack"

Misbehavin
David & Joni
Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey True Story Tim, maybe you know about this website already, but I thought I'd share it with you. ( http://www.olsonsresort.com/ ) Good luck with the derby and I hope to see you in the local papers with the big Dad-Dee-O. Cynthia and I are going to fish local, probably have are own little derby like last year with the boys at work.
Jon
True Story

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon, for the link to Olsons. I knew they were working on getting this site up. I'm sure you noticed the 45 lb. hatchery king caught last July 21. This guy is one of the brothers I was refering to in my ealier post about the Derby. Just looked at the weather and it looks like we might be getting a break for the weekend. Best of luck to you also and I'll make sure to post our results. Didn't happen to hear if they have determined when the Halibut season is going to open have you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: