The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/15 - 07/17 Blakely Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But I'm sure that it will be too soon to spend the night aboard at this gathering

Corwin,
I would like to add my 2 cents worth as a newbie boater and new C-Dory owner. My wife Caryn and I stayed onboard the first night we had C-Dancer, at Twin Bridges in March no less. After finally getting the break-in hours out of the way, we just completed a wonderful trip to Lopez Island for the C-Brat gathering. It was fantistic, the people are all super friendly, everyone is willing to share their knowledge along with hosting their own show and tell and we're so glad we went. We spent two nights at Lopez with no privacy curtains or camperback (we'll be getting those installed over the next two weeks at Canvas Riggers) and it didn't deter us at all from having a great time.

So I would ask you to reconsider, it's great fun and well worth it.

Peter & Caryn
C-Dancer
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Catelyn wrote:
But I'm sure that it will be too soon to spend the night aboard at this gathering. Won't have window covers by then, or camper back.

You would not be the first, nor will you be the last, CB to use towels as window covers at a CBGT! And at least half the boats don't have a camper back.

c-dancer wrote:
So I would ask you to reconsider, it's great fun and well worth it.

Ditto! Don't make us run a Poll on this!!

rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on Tyboo's comments. I've never had window coverings and have spent many nights on board. You can change in the v-berth with some effort (it has a zippered cover) OR just steam up the windows with your spouse and then change standing up... Razz
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my boat since jan and now have a 149 hours on it. We spent every weekend in jan in the islands some where and have done two c-brat gatherings. We , Susan ,james and myself, still do not have window shades on the boat. Susan does not have the time during the week and weekends are for boating. You can get dresses while laying in the v-berth, its just not fun. I have held blankets up around my wife while she gets dressed. Also just wear your pj's to the shower and get dresses there. But do come on out to the gathering.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can get dresses while laying in the v-berth, its just not fun.

I realize the "s" key is right next to the "d" key, so I am betting you mean one can get "dressed" in the v-berth. Otherwise, I will have to take your word for how much or little fun it would be. Shocked

Them guys up in Alaska don't have to worry about this - going to Naked Island, and all. Smile

Sure glad you got a sense of humor, Tom!
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a "don't ask don't tell' thing.
Little Catelyn

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Little Catelyn
Photos: Little Catelyn
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haaa, haaa, haaa... this is too funny! Guess I had better look for a sleeping bag. And, if I want to get any sleep at all, I had better look into reserving a slip --- err, maybe I should have said moorage space.

Note to self: bring towels, leave dresses at home Wink

Thanks everyone,
Corwin
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely, make the call to Blakely Marina today...the slips will be all gone shortly if they are not already all gone. Norma is not fooling here. Then you would only be able to come for the day (unless you wanted to anchor out, which is possible), and would KICK yourself. Usually there is a Saturday cruise, probably whale watching on the west side of San Juan Island, but who knows. Some folks skip the cruise and go fishing or crabbing (if there is a crabbing season). The big deal is the Saturday night potluck, you don't want to miss it for sure, that's when you get to meet everybody, check out all the boats, swap stories, etc., which is what the C-Brat deal is really about, in my humble estimation - these folks will be your new best friends! And you don't want to be motoring home in the dark, now, do you? Sunday morning there will be boat naming ceremonies (christenings). Really, eveyone has to overnight on their boat for the first time some time - it is no big deal. If you don't have a sleeping bag, an old army blanket will probably do just fine...Like the shoe company says, JUST DO IT!!!!

Little Catelyn wrote:
Haaa, haaa, haaa... this is too funny! Guess I had better look for a sleeping bag. And, if I want to get any sleep at all, I had better look into reserving a slip --- err, maybe I should have said moorage space.

Note to self: bring towels, leave dresses at home Wink

Thanks everyone,
Corwin

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Little Catelyn

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm in! Or, at least I would think so. Called Norma, but she was out in the garden at the time and said she would call me back. Haven't heard back yet, but she would probably have said if they were already full. So, if she calls back with good news I can go back to worrying about the boat...

Now, about those towels; do you
Quote:
just steam up the windows
as described earlier first and then apply the towels, or does this require duct tape from the get-go?

Hope the boat's ready by then...
Corwin
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably would not wait for the call back - give her a call a day until she gives you the dang slip assignment! There are other people chasing these slips, and she can't hang onto them for the C-Brats indefinitely.

Is there seriously a question about whether your boat will be ready? Our CD 25 appears to have been about a 60 day production, started March 15 with delivery on (scheduled for) May 13 (tomorrow, hurray!!!!).

Little Catelyn wrote:
Okay, I'm in! Or, at least I would think so. Called Norma, but she was out in the garden at the time and said she would call me back. Haven't heard back yet, but she would probably have said if they were already full. So, if she calls back with good news I can go back to worrying about the boat...

Corwin
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time frame on the Anna Leigh was start date of 3/14 and took her home on 5/5. They rushed her a little and probably will not do that again as they need a few more days to do a more thorough check-out. That is the reason Pat's boat was delayed a little. A good idea I think. My boat is at Les's this week for electronics.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Catman

C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bambina's sharing slip A-8 with another 16, owned by the McDonalds. I couldn't be happier, and to heck with the diet!

I just hope they bring plenty of Big Macs, Quarter Pounders and fries. And please, don't any weenie PC types lecture us about what kind of oil they use to deep fry those award winning French delights.
Love

Last edited by Catman on Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Little Catelyn

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with Norma --- she put me down for slip C13 and said that people may have to share slips. Glad you guys typed me into going.

I have no idea when to expect to take delivery of my boat. I believe that the factory started my boat April 21st. Last week Jeff said the hi-top was on and she would be heading for final assembly on Monday. He also said they might send photos Monday or Tuesday, but nothing yet --- I hope that there won't be any more problems at this stage in the game.

About a month ago I called the factory and learned about the hi-top delay. At that time Jeff said that it took them about 3 weeks to build a 22. It has been 3 weeks today, but I don't imagine that she's really ready yet. Once completed at the factory, she'll need to get shipped to Les's to have all the goodies installed.

Some time ago Les indicated that it might take 2 or 3 weeks to complete the work they'll do on my boat. But, and you know there was going to be a but, his shop is also very busy and they might not get to my boat right away. And then I still am waiting on Tanner to start the radar arch...

So, you can see that there is still much that needs to get done. At this point I can only hope that the boat will be ready sometime before July --- if not, there will be an early display of fireworks at my house.

Corwin
Jazzmanic

Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Catelyn wrote:
Quote:
Just got off the phone with Norma --- she put me down for slip C13

Yep, we called Norma Sunday on the way back from Lopez. We'll be in slip C-9. Look forward to seeing all of you who attended the Lopez gathering and to meeting some more new faces at Blakely.

Peter & Caryn
C-Dancer
eieioh

City/Region: Gig Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Brave Heart
Photos: Brave Heart
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote ...

Quote:
Bambina's sharing slip A-8 with another 16, owned by the McDonalds. I couldn't be happier, and to hell with the diet!

I just hope they bring plenty of Big Macs, Quarter Pounders and fries. And please, don't any of you lilly-livered, weenie, pinko PC types lecture me about what kind of oil they use to deep fry those award winning French delights.

To be PC you'd know that this Macdonald is spelled in the Classic Scots style, M a c, little d, and hails from the Isle of Skye where a feast is more likely to be, not a mere sandwich but rather, a hearty bowl of Cullen Skink. Nonetheless, we'll be delighted to bestow upon you honorary membership of the Clan and go halves with the A-8 slip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: